PDA

View Full Version : Help With Training.

NBC-Guy
03-29-2007, 18:40
I am not competely sure if this is the right place to post this. I have been on and off of this site for a while just looking around. I am currently deployed around the Camp Stryker area in Iraq. I was just wondering if there were any SF guys out this way that if free time was available would be willing to meet up with me and a friend to just mentor us a bit. I was using my girlfriends dad as a mentor but over here there isn't really much he can help with. I would love to get some hands on weapons training or just be able to pick some ones brain.

For the longest I have been considering going Special Forces and due to recent events in my life I have been considering it deeper and deeper and I want to take advantage of any resource or help I can get.

Thanks a ton,

RB Blackshear

Pete
03-29-2007, 19:03
...For the longest I have been considering going Special Forces and due to recent events in my life I have been considering it deeper and deeper and I want to take advantage of any resource or help I can get.

Thanks a ton,

RB Blackshear

I see you signed up on the 9th. Reading helps, pop up to the intro thread and start there. Then read all, search and read some more.

We'll be here.

Pete

The Reaper
03-29-2007, 19:17
I see you signed up on the 9th. Reading helps, pop up to the intro thread and start there. Then read all, search and read some more.

We'll be here.

Pete

He already has.

Look again, he joined March all right, but it was March 2006.

This is his sixth post, the other five were in the Intro thread last year

RB, how is your effort to get a commission going? Still planning on going to SFAS as a LT? I suspect that most of the SF guys in Iraq are probably pretty busy with their day jobs, but you never know.

TR

NBC-Guy
03-29-2007, 19:32
Thanks for asking TR. While I was back stateside for R&R I got to talk to my ex's dad and he was telling me more details about the enlisted, officer, and warrant sides of the house. After we talked I think I am going to do essentially what he has done. Go in as an enlisted candidate and try to go warrant when the time presents itself.

Yeah hopefully I can find some guys out here that have free time. There is a CPT that was SF when he was enlisted, but he does not talk to openly with me about it and he's usually pretty busy so I rather not disturb him too much. Thanks again guys

NousDefionsDoc
03-29-2007, 19:39
You can pick some brains here as long as it's not classified. I will answer any question I can.

Team Sergeant
03-29-2007, 19:57
AS long as it does not involve TTP's (techniques, tactics or procedures) we will assist. (We'll talk TTP's with other soldiers but not on a public forum.;))

Team Sergeant

The Reaper
03-29-2007, 21:23
Just make sure that you search before asking, and it isn't something that has already been answered. If it is, ask for clarification on the proper thread, please.

TR