PDA

View Full Version : 18a

Texas
03-25-2007, 16:43
Hey guys, this is Texas. I am in the 10th grade and I want sf to be career. I have a question. I am wondering if, after college, I get 18x, serve on an ODA for about 5 years, then decide I want to be 18a. So if I went to OCS, then I would be at the needs of the army when commisioned as a 2nd Lt. At this time, could I serve in a ranger battalion? Also, after earning Captain, would I have the possibility to become an 18a, or would I end up with some desk job or office clerk? I would appreciate any facts and suggestions. THANK YOU.

Texas

Ambush Master
03-25-2007, 17:02
Hey guys, this is Texas. I am in the 10th grade and I want sf to be career. I have a question. I am wondering if, after college, I get 18x, serve on an ODA for about 5 years, then decide I want to be 18a. So if I went to OCS, then I would be at the needs of the army when commisioned as a 2nd Lt. At this time, could I serve in a ranger battalion? Also, after earning Captain, would I have the possibility to become an 18a, or would I end up with some desk job or office clerk? I would appreciate any facts and suggestions. THANK YOU.
Texas
With your complete lack of SITUATIONAL AWARENESS (SA). You will not be going very far at all!!

FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE, as requested when you registered, and then OPEN EARS and KEEP MOUTH SHUT, read all that is in here and then we may consider answering your questions!!!

Till then, you shall have the title of FTFSI!!! (Failed To Follow Simple Instructions!!)

Have a very SF Day!!
Martin

The Reaper
03-25-2007, 17:36

Texas

Tex, are you a slow learner?

Is the Search button missing from your screen?

Let's see, graduate HS. 65% of the population.

Graduate college, maybe 30%, so 20% of HS kids who try make it that far.

Selected from SFAS, 30%, so 6% of that.

SFQC graduation rate, 80% of selectees, so maybe 4-5% of HS kids will who apply will be able to make it that far. I wouldn't count on that being a problem for you in the future.

I would say that you better focus on the 25 meter target, as we have told everyone slse who has asked a very similar question. Read rather than post for a few months. You learn more with your mouth closed and your ears open than vice versa.

And read my comments following yours on the Introductions page.

Good luck.

TR

Team Sergeant
03-25-2007, 18:40
Texas

Here's a suggestion, don't post on this board again until I tell you to do so. (or I will ban you)

I don't even want to see your screen name again until two years pass.

You have my full attention.

Team Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Special Forces (ret)