PDA

View Full Version : Happy St. Patrick's Day

Gypsy
03-17-2007, 08:52
Happy St. Patrick's Day to all! Will be raising my glass in a toast or two today. :D

Slainte!

May there always be work for your hands to do;
May your purse always hold a coin or two;
May the sun always shine on your windowpane;
May a rainbow be certain to follow each rain;
May the hand of a friend always be near you;
May God fill your heart with gladness to cheer you.

chance
03-17-2007, 09:05
Same to you brother, now its time to open a pint and watch the quiet man.

Gypsy
03-17-2007, 09:08
I love The Quiet Man! One of my favorite movies.

Oh, I'm a gurrrl. :D

Irish_Army01
03-17-2007, 09:28
HAPPY PADDIES DAY FROM THE EMERALD ISLE!!:D

Weazle23
03-17-2007, 09:36
HAPPY PADDIES DAY FROM THE EMERALD ISLE!!:D

Cheers! I've only been to the Shannon Airport but would love to see the rest of the island!

Goggles Pizano
03-17-2007, 10:03
Enjoy the day everyone! Don't get too loaded! :D

Jack Moroney (RIP)
03-17-2007, 11:52
I would personally like to wish Al O'Gore a happy St. Pat's day. With global warming we can turn the whole damn planet into an Emerald Isle-of course this thought crossed my mind this morning when it was not my Irish eyes nor laughter but my Irish ass in deep snow caused by yet another global warming disaster. Then, in further celebration o'the day, I went down to my mail box which had been plowed into a bank five feet high and 10 feet wide by some flippin' leprauchan with a plow truck learner's permit no doubt and a hearty breakfast of guiness. To top off my Keltic Holiday I get to choke down corned beef and cabbage at the local church dinner-now what God fearing Irishman would come all the way from Ireland escaping a famine just to celebrate his freedom and heritiage by eating that crap. Oh yeah, Happy St Pat's day:D

Monsoon65
03-17-2007, 14:01
To top off my Keltic Holiday I get to choke down corned beef and cabbage at the local church dinner-now what God fearing Irishman would come all the way from Ireland escaping a famine just to celebrate his freedom and heritiage by eating that crap.....

People just don't understand, Colonel. I tell them that time and again.

"You gonna have corned beef and cabbage on Saint Patricks Day?" they ask.

"Hell, no. My family left Ireland probably for the simple reason of having to eat that over and over again. I'm not doing it here. You're freakin' lucky I even eat potatoes after what the Famine did!"

Firebeef
03-17-2007, 19:17
Erin go bragh!!

Trip_Wire (RIP)
03-17-2007, 19:55
Erin go bragh!!

Happy St. Patricks Day to all!

We're about to have our annual St. Patricks Day dinner of Corned Beef, cabbage, boiled potatoes, carrots and soda bread. Of coures, I'll be drinking a Guiness or two with the meal!

I have already had a couple of Black Bushmills, neat with some snacks before dinner! :D

Roguish Lawyer
03-17-2007, 22:27
Catwoman just got home and poured herself this glass of Chardonnay, so I decided to go ahead and have a little bourbon (also shown). :D

Gypsy
03-18-2007, 08:35
Nice, RL! :D Hope you're feeling better.

Trip Wire, had the same dinner...yum!

Pete
03-18-2007, 08:44
... To top off my Keltic Holiday I get to choke down corned beef and cabbage at the local church dinner-now what God fearing Irishman would come all the way from Ireland escaping a famine just to celebrate his freedom and heritiage by eating that crap. Oh yeah, Happy St Pat's day:D

OK, I'n not Irish but I got in the spirit and had Corned Beef, Cabbage, tators, onions and carrots all washed down with a Guinnness. Made Corned Beef Hash this moring with the left over Beef and tators.

Now all of you need to eat lutefisk this coming Christmas:D .

Pete

JMI
03-18-2007, 09:35
I learned yesterday that to be drunk all day you need to start early in the morning.

And free to lay around all the next day!

:D

82ndtrooper
03-18-2007, 09:40
Catwoman just got home and poured herself this glass of Chardonnay, so I decided to go ahead and have a little bourbon (also shown). :D

Damn nice looking kitchen !! Oh yeah, and the green chardanay and bourbon are kinda cool too.

We had couples day over here, and I'm still cleaning up after the party. NCAA rocks on the new LG screen.

Trip_Wire (RIP)
03-18-2007, 13:45
Nice, RL! :D Hope you're feeling better.

Trip Wire, had the same dinner...yum!

Yes, I enjoyed my meal as well! It turned out that she didn't cook the carrots, but I didn't miss them.

One thing my wife always makes for this dinner is a mustard, that combines Sour cream, horse raddish and stone ground mustard, to your taste. We also use it for ham on occassion too.

I find that it enhances the taste of the corned beef and the ham. I also use some juice from a bottle of hot peppers on my cabbage!

After dinner, we watched Miami Vice and Fly Boys on DVDs. I really enjoyed Fly Boys!:munchin

Gypsy
03-18-2007, 15:30
Yes, I enjoyed my meal as well! It turned out that she didn't cook the carrots, but I didn't miss them.

One thing my wife always makes for this dinner is a mustard, that combines Sour cream, horse raddish and stone ground mustard, to your taste. We also use it for ham on occassion too.

Don't tell anyone, but I picked through and didn't eat the cooked carrots. Don't like 'em cooked. :( We had straight horse raddish, cleared my sinuses but good! But your mustard concoction sounds great!