PDA

View Full Version : The Tomb of Jesus

Sdiver
03-05-2007, 16:15
So, did anyone watch this show on The Discovery Channel last night?

http://dsc.discovery.com/convergence/tomb/tomb.html?dcitc=w99-502-ah-1024

If so, what did you think?

chance
03-05-2007, 16:46
No I missed it, If it is true It'll turn the religious world upside down.

jasonglh
03-05-2007, 17:14
I watched the show but found the show afterward much more interesting. You would think much more investigation would have been done by now on the tomb itself. I would bet the DNA testing folks about crapped their pants when Ted called to verify their results and they found out what they were testing.

I don't think you could prove it one way or another.

What I came away with was the thought that if Jerusalem is the Holy City everyone claims it to be then maybe tossing up apartment buildings over tombs is not a great idea. I sure wouldn't want to live in those apartments I have seen Poltergeist.

one-zero
03-07-2007, 16:16
Junk Science

enterfirst
03-07-2007, 16:38
The names found on the tomb were some of the most common of the time. It would be like finding a tombstone with John Smith, Pete Johnson, and Tina Thompson on it. Big deal.

Kyobanim
03-07-2007, 18:33
Personally, I find the fact that the Hopie Indians have predicted a worldwide caticlizm in the year 2012 to be more facinating. As well as other diverse cultures around the world.

That is a much better show.

booker
03-07-2007, 18:37
Junk Science

There wasn't even any "real" science involved, just a lot of assumptions and poorly drawn conclusions. I didn't actually watch it, just read a synopsis of it. Just another publicity stunt by Hollywood.

Sdiver
03-07-2007, 20:28
Personally, I find the fact that the Hopi Indians have predicted a worldwide cataclysm in the year 2012 to be more fascinating. As well as other diverse cultures around the world.

That is a much better show.

...and the Mayan calendar runs out on December 21st, 2012.

http://www.levity.com/eschaton/Why2012.html

So you had better make plans now, and read up on TR's thread "Are You Prepared". :D

As far as the Show goes, I thought it was interesting, and paralleled some of the ideas/thoughts I've been formulating, with some current research I've been doing.

Five-O
03-08-2007, 06:19
Junk Science :lifter

I look towards Follywood directors such as John Carpenter to confirm and validate all my religiuos beliefs....:rolleyes:

incommin
03-08-2007, 06:20
The show was interesting. And while the names on the boxes were common, the grouping of the names doesn't seem to be. This would seem to fall into circumstantial evidence.

The religious non believers will be going, "Ahhh ha". The believers will be screaming "junk science".

There is much more investigating to be done before a real conclusion can be reached. Science and religion do not mix well; sorta like oil and water. Religion based on faith. Science based on proof......

Jim

Aoresteen
03-08-2007, 06:41
This is an old story. It's just part of the anti-Christian forces who do this stuff every Lent in the hope that people will turn away from Christ at Easter.

It first aired in 1996 (in a different format).

Joesph was from Galilee. He died there before Jesus started his mission.

How does a poor hand worker from Galilee get to have a tomb in Jerusalem that only rich families would have?

All that the DNA will show is if the two persons were related or not.

It's like finding a tomb in Vermont marked "George & Martha" and the DNA shows that the two bodies are not releated therefore it must be George & Martha Washington, even thoug everyone knows that they are burried at Mt. Vernon.

Junk.

Team Sergeant
03-08-2007, 07:15
Thread closed. Subject is of no value as was said before, "junk science".

TS