PDA

View Full Version : Total Available Credits

jmout
03-04-2007, 23:59
Hello, I am currently a sophomore in college and am in short time signing an 18x contract. I have 40 credit hrs completed and am wondering the approximate total number of available credit hrs just from the completion of SFQC. The reason why I am asking is because this will decide if I will complete another semester in fall 07 or enlist prior.

Kyobanim
03-05-2007, 05:59
What exactly are you asking?

Jack Moroney (RIP)
03-05-2007, 06:02
Hello, I am currently a sophomore in college and am in short time signing an 18x contract. I have 40 credit hrs completed and am wondering the approximate total number of available credit hrs just from the completion of SFQC. The reason why I am asking is because this will decide if I will complete another semester in fall 07 or enlist prior.

I am both confused and concerned about this comment. If your goal is to graduate from college before you enter the military then do so. If your goal is to use the military as a venue for a college degree, then your focus needs to be somewhere else than Special Forces-we need folks that are totally committed to meeting the requirements and making the commitment to our missions and teams. Having said that, I am not aware of any particular program that is going to award you any substantial accredidation for just completion of the SFQC, however there might be some programs that will grant something depending on the MOS you select or your ability to "test out" of one course or another because of knowledge or experience gained because of your service. But it will most probably not be the additional credits you are going to need for a civilian degree.

Jack Moroney- (academically speaking now) former Dean of Unconventional Warfare and awarder of intital entry and advanced degrees in the 18 series from the USAJFKSWCS.:D

x SF med
03-05-2007, 07:58
jmout-
I had a lot more college credits than you when I enlisted, more than 2x, but I was not worried about getting credit for going through SFQC - that's not the reason to join SF. Nor is the fact that your father is tabbed. My advice to you is to do a deep gut check, you're what 20? Do you plan on using SF as a "badge of honor", think it'll prove something to somebody, or get you a few extra college credits - then - join ROTC.

My advice to you is to read this site - all of it, even if it takes you through the Fall 07 semester. See what the QPs say, their motivations. SF is a way of life, you have to be right to get selected, and you have to be different to make it through SFQC. COL Moroney and others have served as "Deans", many on this board have been "Professors", the QPs have all gotten their "degrees" and earned other "credits" ... Learn from what they've put down in words on this board, and see if you can earn this diploma - there is no gentleman's "C", it's excellence or failure - period.

The Reaper
03-05-2007, 08:29
Concur with the above posts.

You are going to get zero credits unless you happen to wind up as an 18D and you have no control over that.

You need to decide if you want a college degree or to be an SF soldier first and pursue that.

If you take that 18X contract and fail to make it to SF, you will get zero credits for being an 11B in Korea. You might want to consider that, since the odds of you making it are less than 50-50. There are a lot of opportunities to fail between signing a contract and walking across the stage at graduation. Juist ask any of the SF Candidates here.

TR

jmout
03-05-2007, 09:55
I do know that you get college credits from completion fo the Q course because my father is an 18B and he earned 25. There is a General degree that can be aquired through the army with no curriculum. Actually the college degree is what I am pursuing for someone else. If it was up to me I never would have went to college, however, I made promises to certain people. I'm sure you think that I am joining the army to satisfy my father but in fact he does not want me join to at all. Don't worry about replying. I will get it. Thanks for your help.

The Reaper
03-05-2007, 10:45
You are coming across with a bad attitude, but best of luck regardless, since you already have gotten your answers genetically.

Have a very SF Day.

TR