PDA

View Full Version : Pentagon Whistle-Blower on the Coming War With Iran

Trip_Wire (RIP)
03-03-2007, 16:01
Pentagon Whistle-Blower on the Coming War With Iran

What do you all think of this retired USAF Female COL's interview?

http://www.truthdig.com/interview/item/20070227_pentagon_whistleblower_on_the_coming_war_ with_iran/

Monsoon65
03-03-2007, 16:38
First thought was, "Whatever happened to the Classified Information Non-Disclosure Agreements" that you have to sign when you leave the military?

She really rambles. Not a lot of facts, mostly her opinions/ideas about what's going on.

Doesn't really know much about the Middle East, if she was in a shop that dealt with it. "And these guys migrated, particularly after Jimmy Carter, because Jimmy Carter, remember, what was he doing, he was trying to make peace. Remember that, somebody got a Peace Prize out of it, I don’t know what it was, some kind of approach between Arabs and Israelis, and Carter was part of that." She's about my age and she doesn't remember the Camp David Accords? That was in 1978 and I was only 13 when they were signed.

Some of the comments that people have written about her interview are coming from the "tin foil hat" crowd.

Pete
03-03-2007, 17:05
We have offices upon offices that think up plans, revise plans, come up with new plans, dust off old plans.

If we didn't somebody would be in hot water if the Flit hit the Shan.

Dig hard enough and I'll bet you could find an old plan from the 80s on invading the moon - after the USSR had established a moon base and set up interplanetary rockets with nuke warheads.

Somebody sees a plan, helps write a plan, hears talk of a plan all means very little. Except to the left wingers.

Just my 2 cents.

Pete

Monsoon65
03-03-2007, 18:22
Pete:

Agreed. When people freak out about this, I tell them we probably have plans to invade Principality of Liechtenstein. Just putting the Boy Scout motto of "Be Prepared" into action.

PSM
03-03-2007, 18:43
Pete:

Agreed. When people freak out about this, I tell them we probably have plans to invade Principality of Liechtenstein. Just putting the Boy Scout motto of "Be Prepared" into action.

The Swiss beat us to it:

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory?id=2918063

ZURICH, Switzerland Mar 2, 2007 (AP)— What began as a routine training exercise almost ended in an embarrassing diplomatic incident after a company of Swiss soldiers got lost at night and marched into neighboring Liechtenstein.

According to Swiss daily Blick, the 170 infantry soldiers wandered just over a mile across an unmarked border into the tiny principality early Thursday before realizing their mistake and turning back.

A spokesman for the Swiss army confirmed the story but said that there were unlikely to be any serious repercussions for the mistaken invasion.

:D

Pat

BMT (RIP)
03-03-2007, 19:08
What Pete said about plans. OPLAN was written in '67 for the withdrawl from VN. The f-ing title was classified SECRET. Almost had to be careful just thinking about that thing.

BMT

dennisw
03-03-2007, 19:08
I doubt the lady in question was ever in the military. Sounds like a complete idiot, and sounds like a shill. When was she in? What years, etc. I don't buy it.

Warrior-Mentor
03-03-2007, 19:42
She's a flake. I've seen her in an interview before..."Why We Fight"...or something like that...

The Reaper
03-03-2007, 20:27
What Pete said about plans. OPLAN was written in '67 for the withdrawl from VN. The f-ing title was classified SECRET. Almost had to be careful just thinking about that thing.

BMT

We almost certainly had one for nuking the crap out of North Vietnam, that lead to the SIOP for nuking China, and the Soviets as well, if they wanted a piece.

There is a world of difference between OPLANs, CONPLANs, CONPLANs with TPFDDs, and lesser plans. Every possible contingency deserves a plan of some type.

Doesn't mean we are hoping to exercise it.

She strikes me as a nut, and not a very smart one at that.

TR

Monsoon65
03-03-2007, 20:38
......She strikes me as a nut, and not a very smart one at that.....

That's what struck me, too. They really don't give any meat and potatoes to what her military background is. You figure that if she was some high roller in the Pentagon, they'd have her complete military bio ready.

VAKEMP
03-05-2007, 17:30
She has her own Wikipedia page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karen_Kwiatkowski

Karen U. Kwiatkowski (born 24 September 1960) is a retired U.S. Air Force Lieutenant Colonel whose assignments included duties as a Pentagon desk officer...

http://www.truthdig.com/interview/item/20070227_pentagon_whistle_blah_blah_blah/ (http://www.truthdig.com/interview/item/20070227_pentagon_whistleblower_on_the_coming_war_ with_iran/)

Lt. Col. Karen Kwiatkowski (ret.), a veteran of the Pentagon...

A veteran of the Pentagon? Que? How do I become a member of the Pentagon Veteran's Association? Do you just need a Pentagon Federal Credit Union account, or maybe a POAC membership?

Warrior-Mentor
03-05-2007, 20:59
She has her own Wikipedia page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karen_Kwiatkowski

A veteran of the Pentagon? Que? How do I become a member of the Pentagon Veteran's Association? Do you just need a Pentagon Federal Credit Union account, or maybe a POAC membership?

Check the links...the peace-niks put these quacks up on pedestals...

remember that jack-o-lantern "Ranger" froot loop who claimed that he was ordered to commit war crimes, yet had 13 or more basic uniform violations from the chest up? He was a otal fraud, who wasin Arizona when he said he was in Iraq.

Yet, how many peace-niks jumped on his band wagon?

I say this not to denigrate the honestly peace loving folks in our society...just the dope smokers who "love peace" because of it's convenience in preventing them from rendering honorable, selfless service to their nation.

So often, they forget that it is the Soldiers who pay the biggest price for war.

VAKEMP
03-06-2007, 00:05
Check the links...the peace-niks put these quacks up on pedestals...

remember that jack-o-lantern "Ranger" froot loop who claimed that he was ordered to commit war crimes, yet had 13 or more basic uniform violations from the chest up? He was a otal fraud, who wasin Arizona when he said he was in Iraq.

Yet, how many peace-niks jumped on his band wagon?

I say this not to denigrate the honestly peace loving folks in our society...just the dope smokers who "love peace" because of it's convenience in preventing them from rendering honorable, selfless service to their nation.

So often, they forget that it is the Soldiers who pay the biggest price for war.

Yes, it is mostly those who are most afraid that bark the loudest.