PDA

View Full Version : Dick's Burgers-Seattle

hoot72
02-28-2007, 18:29
Anyone ever try dick's burgers in Seattle before? I thought they were some of the best around...dont know if they still are operating anymore..

Noslack71
02-28-2007, 18:57
Give "Frisco Freeze" a try. They are located in Tacoma on 6th Ave just across from the hospital, Tacoma General. You can feel the arteries slamming shut with each bite but, they are definitly worth it.

Noslack

Trip_Wire (RIP)
02-28-2007, 19:05
Anyone ever try dick's burgers in Seattle before? I thought they were some of the best around...dont know if they still are operating anymore..

Here you go.:

http://www.ddir.com/

18C Dad
02-28-2007, 19:09
There's a place on the outskirts of Yakima, WA called Miner's Drive-In. It's been in the Miner family for at least two, possibly three generations. Amazing burgers and shakes. They are made the old-fashioned way - one at a time- on a huge grill. YUMMY!!!

When high school teams travel to Yakima for games, it's not unsual to see two or three bus loads pull up to Miner's after the game to fuel up for the long trip home.

LibraryLady
02-28-2007, 19:57
Aw, now guys, this thread just ain't right! I gotta watch my cholesterol and you bring up two of my favorite burger joints, AND tell me about another! :p ;)

Haven't been to Miner's in years. Dicks is still going strong and has plenty of lines at lunch time. Now I'm heading to Tacoma to check out this other cholesterol factory, Frisco Freeze. :D

LL

hoot72
03-01-2007, 00:47
I now have a reason to go back to seattle, head down to fort lewis and also a quick 5-6 hour drive to yakima! All in the name of tasty burgers!

Thanks yall :p

Dicks burgers: I used to walk out there from college at 2-3am for a bite to eat during study breaks on broadway...man, those burgers were awesome.

MoonAngel
03-01-2007, 07:50
There's a place on the outskirts of Yakima, WA called Miner's Drive-In. It's been in the Miner family for at least two, possibly three generations. Amazing burgers and shakes. They are made the old-fashioned way - one at a time- on a huge grill. YUMMY!!!

When high school teams travel to Yakima for games, it's not unsual to see two or three bus loads pull up to Miner's after the game to fuel up for the long trip home.

I haven't thought about that place in years... I'd forgotten it's name. I was on some of those busses you mentioned, way-back-when in my youth, and I concur on the burgers! Worth the drive.

bosljeff
03-23-2007, 22:25

Damn! I love that place. Used to go to school in Tacoma and would spend the weekends in Seattle and UW-always went to Dicks!!! Now I gotta go. Hell, right now I'd be happy with Jack in the Box, but not here.