PDA

View Full Version : PT program at FTCKY

SRT31B
02-27-2007, 17:10
Didn't see a post for this anywhere else yet. Intended for those going to selection:

Got a chance to attend the PT session with the recruiting detachment here at Campbell finally. At first glance, it seems like they have a really good program put together here for guys like myself and others getting ready to go to selection.

The training schedule is supposed to be 12 weeks in length with increasing intensity over the time covered and encompasses rucks/runs, agility drills, rope climbs, upper body work and swims.

The best part about it for me is they have a few of the QPs assigned to the detachment that run the program, as well as some of the guys who are recently back from CMK after being selected, and actually help track your progress and help you improve on your weaknesses to make sure you are better prepared to get your tail kicked at SFAS.

If you're in the area getting ready for SFAS, definately hit it up. It can only help you... :lifter

The Reaper
02-27-2007, 19:20
Good info.

Or you could just follow the program, as laid out in the handbook.

The guys we are looking for should not need someone to make them run, or to put the green tick on their back and go for a stroll in the woods.

Organized programs are good for people who lack motivation or discipline.

I have to wonder who is going to tell them what to do on the STAR course when they are out in the woods by themselves, with no one else around?

Think about it guys.

TR

SRT31B
02-28-2007, 16:13
I see your point, sir. Not meaning to come across as someone who needs to be pushed, I've just found that you always get better results when you train with someone else headed in the same direction (as is also stated in MAJ Martin's book from what I remember). For me that has proved true anyway.

Just wanted to put the info out there for those in the AO that may be unaware. Regardless of if someone were to show up or not, it still comes down to them putting out the necessary effort to accomplish the task and exceed the standard. In the end, you're either going to be a big boy and do what you need to to be successful... or you aren't.

I'm doing what I can to be prepared, just want to pass on what I can to those who, like me, are trying to follow in your and other QP's footsteps. Should such a program like this not be available in someone's area, then as stated many times before, the workout in WM's book or the recruiting pamphlet is the way to go.

time for foot drills...

The Reaper
02-28-2007, 20:01
No, no problem.

My point was that there is a world of difference between where you push a good workout partner and keep one another honest, and having a formation where people make you do PT and follow them for a cadre led run or ruck.

Some people need that sort of motivation, and SF is not a place where that should be required.

TR

SRT31B
03-01-2007, 07:50
I gotcha, Sir. ;)