PDA

View Full Version : Trauma Pack

rubberneck
02-23-2007, 11:13
Does anyone have any first hand experience with Trauma Packs (www.traumapacks.com)? I have had two near misses recently at gun ranges recently and I have been giving some serious consideration to carrying something in my range bag just in case. The first aid kit at the club is a total joke and cannot handle anything more severe than a splinter.

I don't have any real training other than your basic first aid course, so I am not so sure how effective I'll be, but I would rather go down trying to do something than bleed out waiting for help to arrive.

ccrn
02-28-2007, 10:27
You might want to look into what is known as a "blowout kit."

That can usually take care of gunshot wounds etc in the immediate sense.

If you have no training perhaps consider a first responder course, not to mention maybe another range or group of shooters-

The Reaper
02-28-2007, 10:50
Does anyone have any first hand experience with Trauma Packs (www.traumapacks.com)? I have had two near misses recently at gun ranges recently and I have been giving some serious consideration to carrying something in my range bag just in case. The first aid kit at the club is a total joke and cannot handle anything more severe than a splinter.

I don't have any real training other than your basic first aid course, so I am not so sure how effective I'll be, but I would rather go down trying to do something than bleed out waiting for help to arrive.

Just a wild suggestion, but have you tried the Search button here?

You might also want to look for a new place to shoot.

TR

rubberneck
02-28-2007, 11:29
Just a wild suggestion, but have you tried the Search button here?

You might also want to look for a new place to shoot.

TR

You know, I pride myself on using the search button to find what I am looking for. I am embarrassed that I failed to do so this time, and to make matters worse you personally reviewed the product and answered my question. You have my apology for wasting your time. It won't happen again.

The private range I belong to isn't as bad as my original post makes it sound. My work schedule is pretty flexible so I try and time my range visits when I know there won't be that many people there when I shoot. Often times I am totally alone on the range for hours at a time. In the four years that I have been a member there I have only witnessed unsafe gun handling on two occasions (one of the guys has been kicked out of the club for his actions, the other can't use the range again until he goes through the new shooters safety briefing again). It just so happens both times have been in the last few months and it drove home the fact that I was totally unprepaired to deal with a range accident.