PDA

View Full Version : Prosser, Brian C., SSG, MI

The Reaper
01-24-2004, 19:09
Brian Cody Prosser
Sergeant, United States Army

Monday December 17, 2001

Killed Soldier Buried at Arlington
Staff Sergeant Brian "Cody'' Prosser, one of three Army Green Berets killed by an errant U.S. bomb in Afghanistan was remembered Monday as "the best of the best'' who gave his life doing what he loved - serving his country.

"Cody is a hero and I will love and miss him for the rest of my life,'' said his widow, Shawna, after his burial at Arlington National Cemetery.

Prosser, 28, from Frazier Park, California, was killed December 5 when a U.S. bomb carrying 2,000 pounds of explosives missed its target and landed 100 yards from his team's position north of Kandahar.

Master Segeant Jefferson Donald Davis, 39, of Watauga, Tennessee, and Sergeant First Class Daniel Petithory of Cheshire, Massachusetts, also were killed. Twenty U.S. troops were injured.

Three of Prosser's colleagues who were hurt in the incident attended Monday's ceremony in wheelchairs, wrapped in blankets to shield them from the cold and wind. The Pentagon, under construction following the terrorist attacks in September, loomed in the background.

During the ceremony, Prosser's widow, mother and father were presented American flags and a bugler played "Taps.''

"Cody was the best of the best,'' his widow said after the ceremony. "I know that he would want me to say thank you to this great country that he was so willing and honored to serve.''

She recalled the last conversation with her husband before he left for the Middle East.

"He told me that he wasn't scared, that he was ready, and over there was where he needed to be,'' she said. ``I am so proud of my husband because he was doing what he loved to do.''

Mrs. Prosser described the "overwhelming pain'' she has felt since her husband's death and told reporters she had not wanted to share her grief with anyone but family and close friends.

"As each day has passed, I have seen so much generosity and kindness from so many people across our great country,'' she said.

Prosser, who was awarded the Bronze Star and Purple Heart medals posthumously, also was honored at a ceremony last week at Fort Campbell, Kentucky.

The Reaper
01-24-2004, 19:10
Photo

POO
07-18-2006, 11:06
I was in Korea with Cody before he joined 5th Group. He was KIA along with MSG Jefferson Davis, and SFC Daniel Petithory on 5DEC01. Not three months after the 9/11. Brian wasn't SF, he was MI, but he was out there doing what he loved with some of the best. I just wanted to post my reply in memoriam to them. I'm sure some of you knew MSG Davis, and SFC Petithory, and maybe even knew Cody. And if so, you know how good these men were.

NSDQ
07-31-2006, 22:15
Rest in Peace Warriors. Was at FTCKY when they had the memorials.

God Bless,
NSDQ

Texian
08-01-2006, 07:00
RIP, Warrior

Warrior-Mentor
08-01-2006, 07:10
RIP Brother.

uboat509
08-01-2006, 08:17
Rest in Peace

SFC W