PDA

View Full Version : Leupold VX-III 6.5-20 50mm Varmint Scope

kachingchingpow
02-14-2007, 08:25
For sale: Leupold VX-III 6.5-20 x 50mm Scope Varmint Hunter Reticle. Too many features... target knobs, varmint reticle, shooting table for matching 2 distinct rounds to the drop compensation system that Leupold developed, 30mm main tube, sunshade. This from Leupold:

Varmint Hunter Reticle - Five fine aiming points let you dial in your load at close range, 200, 300, 400 and 500 yards. And there are references for 10-mph and 20-mph wind deflection. Prairie dogs can be ranged by bracketing them between the horizontal bar at the top of the picket and the 500-yard aiming point. Two different power settings instantly readjust the reticle for accuracy with your second load of choice.

This scope is just over a year old, and is in excellent condition. It was purchased as a "dual use" target/deer hunting scope for shooting over large peanut fields here in GA. I've hunted with it 10 - 15 times, from ladder stands over looking large fields (no banging around in the woods or swamp in climbing stands). All paper work and original box intact.

Why am I selling? Mostly that I shoot left handed and the objective adjustment is a knob on the left side. My arms just aren't long enough with the gun mounted to reach the adjustment without unmounting. Deer season just ended and I've got plenty of time to get what I want and dialed in.

I've had success buying and selling scopes on e-bay. In fact I bought this scope "new" on e-bay in Oct of 05. I'll be putting it on there toward the end of the week, but thought I would post it here first.

Terms of sale. I'd prefer PayPal, because it would actually protect me and the buyer. Money order is fine as well, just that I will only ship the item once I have the check in hand. I'll charge actual shipping and no handling. Somewhere between 7 and 10 bucks I'm thinking.

Cabelas lists this scope at $879.99. I would expect it to sell for close to $800 on ebay.