PDA

View Full Version : TRX Fitness Anywhere?

USMS8504
02-11-2007, 12:57
I read NDD's thread on bodyweight only exercise and did not see this mentioned. I came across it about 6 months ago and now saw it in ADS's new catalog I got last week. Seems like it could be a good addition to my workout and perfect for assignments away from home.

fitnessanywhere.com/index.php

Kind of pricey to buy the kit, but seems like it would be easy enough to make.

Anyone with any experience with this product?

Thanks

booker
02-12-2007, 10:59
Ridiculous price for some webbing! Make it yourself. I've done some of those exercises using a towel and door knob at a hotel. Would be a lot easier to do HSPUs, pullups, etc.

FWIW

J

Bear
06-21-2010, 15:47
The TRX is pretty expensive, but I bought it (you know the drill, got a lot of extra money while deployed and you occasionally do something...off)

Well, it very likely is easy to re-create. If you have the means I would highly recommend doing so.

The TRX really is great. I'm a HUGE fan of bodyweight workouts and this is just an amazing tool. It's uses are only limited by your imagination. Every couple of weeks we just get together, break the workout routine for a day and make new stuff up. I'll say it one more time, this piece of equipment is fantastic for your workout.

Although, I am occasionally upset that I spent $200 on, what is basically, a high speed set of rings

FONG
06-21-2012, 10:11
Gents,

You may want to consider some of the products made by "Woss Enterprises" as a more reasonably priced alternative to TRX. You won't get the cute bag and training DVDs, but I suspect that won't matter at damn near 1/4 of the price.

I've used the WOSS SST Suspension Trainer to good effect for the last month as part of a class (however I have no experience with the brand name TRX system).

Link refers:
http://www.wossent.com/strap-suspension-trainer/

abc_123
07-05-2012, 17:05
havent seen that before.

can also go to rosstraining website for a good tutorial on how to make your own if one is so inclined.

booker
07-06-2012, 10:35
havent seen that before.

can also go to rosstraining website for a good tutorial on how to make your own if one is so inclined.

The plans on Ross's site are for an excellent, extremely durable, and significantly cheaper, version of TRX.

Sir topham hatt
07-15-2012, 10:40
Gents,

You may want to consider some of the products made by "Woss Enterprises" as a more reasonably priced alternative to TRX. You won't get the cute bag and training DVDs, but I suspect that won't matter at damn near 1/4 of the price.

I've used the WOSS SST Suspension Trainer to good effect for the last month as part of a class (however I have no experience with the brand name TRX system).

Link refers:
http://www.wossent.com/strap-suspension-trainer/

That's great, many thanks!

EDIT: The WOSS SST actually does come with a bag, however I believe cuteness is in the eye of the beholder.