PDA

View Full Version : Silly String goes to war

Kyobanim
02-11-2007, 07:44
Don't remember seeing anything posted about this here. I saw this on another forum. Link is to a blog.

Before entering a building, troops squirt the plastic goo, which can shoot strands about 10 to 12 feet, across the room. If it falls to the ground, no trip wires. If it hangs in the air, they know they have a problem. The wires are otherwise nearly invisible.

Full story here. (http://globalcop.us/2006/12/silly-string-in-war.html)

82ndtrooper
02-11-2007, 07:50
That's one heck of a nice idea !! Who would have thought ?

Interesting thread (No pun intended):)

The Reaper
02-11-2007, 10:06
That will work on gross mechanical devices but will get you killed with the higher end stuff.

I would be very careful about using it.

And lets not give away too many TTPs here.

TR

Pete
02-11-2007, 10:43
This story has been kicking around in one form or another and on many forums for at least a few months.

There was even a short story and a picture of some kids with a case of the stuff in the local paper a while ago.

It's funny about stories. A good one will pop up in a local area and get the attention of "on line news cruisers". They will kick it around for about a week, some nationwide news crew will pick it up and go national the next week, local people will start doing it and then the local news will cover it.

After that every few weeks "Hey, look what I found".

Not complaining here, just finding the cycle interesting.

Pete

Edited to add: First post on FreeRepublic about it was on 11/10/2006. Story by KYW.COM.

longrange1947
02-11-2007, 12:45
Actually, I think I saw a video on this some time last year during the shot show at Vegas. WE discussed that and the virtue of other techniques.