PDA

View Full Version : Marine needs info.

ogshooter
02-09-2007, 04:00
I am looking into transfering into 20th SFG after my pcs. I am on my second combat deployment and are comming up onto the end of my enlistment soon afterwards. I have talked to a recruiter down in Huntsville AL. and I have an interview when I get back on my post deployment leave. I just want some info that I can take to the table so that I do not get jerked around by someone that needs to fill a slot. If anyone can answer these questions it would be greatly appriciated.

-Can I go straight into the 18F MOS?

-What locations would duty stations would I be restricted to if I wanted to be on a operational team? I do not want to sit behind a desk!

-Is the training pipeline the same for guard as it is for active duty?

-What is the pay like besides regular drill pay, and how much can I work?

Thank you for your time and I hope to be seeing some of you very soon. If anyone knows anybody in Afgan. let me know, I might be in the area.

Surgicalcric
02-09-2007, 04:32

-Can I go straight into the 18F MOS?

-What locations would duty stations would I be restricted to if I wanted to be on a operational team? I do not want to sit behind a desk!

-Is the training pipeline the same for guard as it is for active duty?

-What is the pay like besides regular drill pay, and how much can I work?

First off you need to navigate yourself over to the "Introductions" forum and post one. Its generally considered rude to walk into someone elses house and start asking questions without introducing yourself. Situational Awareness. You also need to fill in your profile.

Next you need to read ALL the Stickies above every forum before posting.

And last, if MSG Edwards is the recruiter you are meeting with I can personally assure you he wont be jerking you around needing to fill a slot. He is a straight shooter and expects the same of you.

edited-not rewarding this query with information when he failed to follow the simplest of instructions...Eagle

Crip

Eagle5US
02-09-2007, 04:36
You have one leg to stand on, and it has put the wrong foot forward.

1. Read all the sticky's
2. FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE
3. Post an appropriate introduction in the appropriate thread
4. Research your question
5. READ

Eagle

ogshooter
03-04-2007, 04:55
Sorry, I've been kind of pre occupied. I realize I made my initial post in the wrong area. This was partly due to the little time I had to navigate the site. I have looked around the site since then and corrected myself. This site has been very helpful in giving me the info I need to secure a smoother transition and I hope to make good friends here. Thanks, ogshooter