PDA

View Full Version : SUPER BOWL XLI

smanders
02-05-2007, 06:00
How much was weather a factor in last night's game?

Regards,
Finally proud to be a Hoosier

82ndtrooper
02-05-2007, 06:44
How much was weather a factor in last night's game?

Regards,
Finally proud to be a Hoosier

Since the odds makers would have given the Bears the edge in inclimate weather, it seems the weather had little or no affect on the Colts.

There's no arguing that alot of plays, both Bears and Colts, were fubbed due to the rain, extra points, turnovers, etc, but as predicted, the Colts managed the clock, managed the pocket pressure, and Urlacher had a so-so game. Grossman sat on the bench most of the game. He really never had a chance to damage the clock, and put forth any rythim with his offense.

Prince needs to practice that guitar some more:munchin

Guess Indy is going to be parading at 4pm Eastern time.

bandycpa
02-05-2007, 11:14
It appeared that the weather had more affect on the Bears than the Colts...especially on Rex Grossman. I firmly believe that the interception he had on the pass attempt to Berrian was directly related to the weather (I saw the same route completed successfully against the Saints, and Rex through the ball very well then). Then, there are the fumbled snaps to consider as well, and the botched PAT (for the Colts).

To me, though, the rainy conditions were a better test to determine the better team than putting them both in a dome and letting them duke it out. We knew what each teams strengths and weaknesses were going in. The elements showed what their character and resolve was. In this case, the Colts proved to be the better team.

Fantastic Super Bowl.

Bandy

x SF med
02-05-2007, 11:34
The commercials really sucked this year - but the weather had no bearing on that....

82ndtrooper
02-05-2007, 12:11
The commercials really sucked this year - but the weather had no bearing on that....

In past years the commercials were as much entertainment as the game. I remember actually sitting through each commercial for the "Super Bowl Merit" This year seemed to be sucker.

Although Kevin Federlines commercial was pretty good, even though it had been promoted all week long prior to the game. What's the sense in that ?