PDA

View Full Version : Got to respect this guy

Snaquebite
02-03-2007, 13:06
Gotta respect the man!

Feb 3, 7:52 AM (ET)

"KEWASKUM, Wis. (AP) - Police Chief Richard Knoebel says he wasn't about to take the easy way out when he accidentally drove past a stopped school bus with its emergency lights flashing.

For violating traffic laws, Knoebel wrote himself a ticket for $235, docked himself four points on his driving record and paid the fine the next day."

http://apnews.myway.com//article/20070203/D8N28BCG0.html

bandycpa
02-03-2007, 13:13
Now THAT's leadership by example. :lifter

I doubt that anyone else ever asks him "Hey, Officer, give me a break just this once."

Bandy

The Reaper
02-03-2007, 14:49
Reminds me of Confederate General Braxton Bragg, when he was a young officer in the U.S. Army, assigned to multiple simultaneous positions at a post in the West.

He requested supplies as a Company Commander, denied them himself as the S-4, then appealed to himself as the Adjutant, and wrote a memo denying his own appeal back to himself.

Why did the Chief not just stop for the bus?

TR

Roguish Lawyer
02-03-2007, 15:05
Reminds me of Confederate General Braxton Bragg, when he was a young officer in the U.S. Army, assigned to multiple simultaneous positions at a post in the West.

He requested supplies as a Company Commander, denied them himself as the S-4, then appealed to himself as the Adjutant, and wrote a memo denying his own appeal back to himself.

And people wonder why the South lost? :D

bandycpa
02-03-2007, 15:13
Originally Posted by The Reaper

Why did the Chief not just stop for the bus?

From the article:

He said he was on patrol on four-lane U.S. 45 when he was distracted by a stopped dump truck. He saw a car coming from behind and thought it might hit the truck, so he moved to pass the truck before he saw the stopped school bus in the far lane.

He said he didn't realize he had passed the bus until it was too late.

Originally Posted by Roguish Lawyer

Oh no, not again. We'll have to hijack another thread to defend our honor. :D

Bandy

The Reaper
02-03-2007, 15:28

He did it as a Federal officer.

The South just made him a General, for reasons that are entirely wrong.

TR

mugwump
02-03-2007, 16:34
I once heard of a self-employed guy who slipped going down the stairs to his office. He sued himself for negligence (loose carpet) and won medical costs and pain and suffering. His insurance had to pay off. Don't know if it's true, or apocryphal.

The Reaper
02-03-2007, 17:06
I once heard of a self-employed guy who slipped going down the stairs to his office. He sued himself for negligence (loose carpet) and won medical costs and pain and suffering. His insurance had to pay off. Don't know if it's true, or apocryphal.

Do you think they raised his premiums to cover it?

TR

vsvo
02-03-2007, 22:21
For violating traffic laws, Knoebel wrote himself a ticket for $235 . . .
Maybe it boosted him a couple of spots up in the end-of-month drawing for the big-screen TV?:D

spectre919
02-03-2007, 23:39

RL

It's 1-0 at halftime.

bandycpa
02-04-2007, 03:17
Originally Posted by spectre919
RL

It's 1-0 at halftime.

I like that perspective. We didn't lose. We just ran out of time! :D

Bandy