PDA

View Full Version : Best Military Sniper Competition on TV

Snaquebite
01-30-2007, 17:37
By Gina Cavallaro - Staff writer
Posted : Tuesday Jan 30, 2007 15:36:48 EST

The contest to find the best military sniper in the world took place at Fort Benning, Ga., three months ago, but enthusiasts can re-live the challenge by tuning in to their TV sets.

The sixth annual International Sniper Competition will be featured in a 30-minute documentary on The Outdoor Channel at 5 p.m. and 9 p.m. EST on Wednesday and at 1:30 a.m. EST on Thursday, 1 February.

In its programming schedule at outdoorchannel.com, the documentary is listed under Shooting USA and the show description states that “it is no longer the sniper waiting in the bushes to take the perfect shot. It is the chaos of combat recreated on the ranges at Fort Benning,” the Georgia post home of the Army’s sniper school.

Twenty-six teams from the Army, Marine Corps and Air Force, and service members from Canada, Great Britain and Israel took part in the October competition.

The Army took the five top places in the six-day event.

A two-man team from 3rd Battalion 75th Ranger Regiment — Staff Sgt. Joe Lynch and Staff Sgt. Michael Rach — took first place at the contest, and were each awarded custom-made rifles and pistols and other prizes.

Sponsored by the Army Sniper School, the competition challenged the teams to test their skills with scenarios that match today’s real-world missions for snipers on the battlefield, said a Fort Benning press release.

Sionnach
01-30-2007, 19:18
Nice job, Rangers!

Roguish Lawyer
01-30-2007, 20:03
The Outdoor Channel isn't on DirecTV, is it? Why isn't this on the Military Channel? :munchin

TF Kilo
01-30-2007, 22:57
Lynch and Rach are good guys. I enjoyed any range time I spent with them, always learned something new.

The Reaper
01-30-2007, 23:09
IIRC, at least one of the winners is someone who keeps bouncing back and forth between Regiment and the AMU, winning a lot of the shooting competitions.

When he is not a shooter in the Rangers, he is a national level Army Team member.

I blame Sinister for letting him go back to the Regiment.:D

TR

azmg
01-30-2007, 23:13
The Outdoor Channel isn't on DirecTV, is it? Why isn't this on the Military Channel? :munchin

RL I believe the outdoor channel is 608 on DTV