PDA

View Full Version : Lyme Disease sucks

chuterigger
01-30-2007, 15:41
Since most of you guys have done your fare share of tromping through the woods in deer-tick infested North Carolina I hope my story can save someone a lot of problems. If this is the wrong place please move it.

Lyme can cripple you with or without a "bullseye rash" or fever, even if you test negative for the disease.

Just found out that I have had Lyme disease for 2-1/2 years.

It all started when I went camping and one week later I started twitching, first the big-toe on my right foot, the next night the big toe on my left. The next few days this twitching spread to other muscles, but was oddly symmetrical.

I never noticed the so called "bulls eye" rash, only had a small circular burning rash under my armpit that I attributed to changing deoderants.

Then I started getting pins and needles feelings in my knees.

Went to a Doc and she told me to come back if I started dropping stuff.

Thank the lord I have not, but I started having other symptoms, major fatigue, tremors, heart beat skips (10-20 per day) and even peeing my pants a little bit (dont tell nobody;).

About a year into it I start seeing "things", lines, dots etc. One night I woke up, peed myself, and couldnt move my arms or legs:eek: , when I finally got up and to the bathroom, the room would "flash" when the light turned on or off.

So at one year into it, I decide to go to a "Lyme Literate doctor",

He hears my story and thought I might have lyme, I was tested and the tests came back NEGATIVE.

Lyme tests are only 50% accurate, so doc wants to go ahead and treat, against the doctors advice, I did not want to take an intense and expensive regimine of antibiotics without a positive test. Plus my wife was bitching without end, telling me it was all in my head.

Long story short, I put off seeing a doctor for another year and a half, and when I finally did, he thought I might have MS. To his suprise, the MRI, nerve conduction study, blood tests all come back negative, so he tells me that I am fine, I tell him I'm still twitching and seeing things, he completely ignores me.

So I take a look at the lyme disease symptom list again and now I have almost every symptom on the list.

This disease is debilitating and sometimes fatal, and sadly most every doctor is completely ignoring Lyme disease, this has taken away much of my quality of life, nearly ruined my marriage, and taken me to the brink of insanity. The only blessing that Lyme has given me is that it has made me have a solid faith in the Lord (everything happens for a reason).

Please circulate this checklist within your units and forward anyone to the Lyme disease association web page or Lymenet.org

http://www.angelfire.com/biz/romarkaraoke/Lymekjr.html