PDA

View Full Version : Great deals for military and LE

jatx
01-26-2007, 15:20
Just thought I'd pass on a nice site for LEOs and military members (Active, NG, Reserves) that Arcteryx customer service told me about.

wwwdotleoadventures.com

They act as a sort of trusted intermediary for manufacturers of sporting goods and outdoor equipment that have discounts in place for LE and military customers. After registering with them, you are then able to take advantage of those programs without waiting for a unit buy or jumping through hoops. Purchases are made through the website above and then shipped directly from the manufacturer.

Discounts seem to run in the 40% range and I have had good luck with my orders so far. :lifter

Brands include:
Arc'teryx
Aventura Clothing
Blue Seventy
Brooks Running
Costco Wholesale
Dell Computer
Dryzone
Esportsonline
ExOfficio
Granger's
GU
Helly Hansen
Highgear
Horny Toad
IBEX
ISIS for Women
Jetboil
Kelty
Kestrel
Larabar
MH Bertucci
Mountainsmith
Nuun Hydration
Otterbox
Photoworks
Purefit
Rudy Project
Railriders
Ruffwear
Sherpani alpina
Suunto
Trailflex
Trailtech
Ultima Replenisher
Working Advantage
Waterfronts by Sportif
Zamberlan
Zeal Optics

Smokin Joe
01-26-2007, 16:01
Thank you.

smanders
01-26-2007, 18:07
Sounds good. Thanks for sharing the site.

Hopefully their customer service is better than the mattress discounter...

gtcrispy
01-28-2007, 00:32
If you want to bypass paying the money to join that website you can use www. arcteryx.com/leaf/ and www. patagoniapro.com for those two places.

jatx
01-28-2007, 09:28
If you want to bypass paying the money to join that website you can use www. arcteryx.com/leaf/ and www. patagoniapro.com for those two places.

I love Patagonia but, according to that link, LE and military are not eligible for the program. :confused:

The Reaper
01-28-2007, 12:53
Patagonia Pro gave me the pro program and discount off of my military ID, but Arcteryx would not, nor would they return a reply to my emails to customer service. I visited their booth at SHOT, they have some very lame excuses about the company being "Green" and Canadian.

I would avoid Arcteryx like the plague. They only make one product which I cannot find elsewhere, from a decent manufacturer.

TR

gtcrispy
01-28-2007, 19:14
I love Patagonia but, according to that link, LE and military are not eligible for the program. :confused:

Email them directly telling them who you are and what you do and they should hook you up no problem.

jatx
03-24-2007, 08:22
Lowa offers their Pro discount (45% off) to members of the military. You can contact them at (203) 353-0116. :lifter

jwt5
03-24-2007, 09:31
I thought I would pass this along since I see it as a pretty sweet deal.

SigArms has decent discounts for Active Duty military and LEO. If you email
Cathy.Barton@Sigarms.com she can tell you what she needs from you as far as proof you're one of those two. She told me that for military she needs an email from your .mil address and if you're LEO she needs a faxed copy of your ID, then she'll send you the order forms, however that might have changed.

I think a standard 226R with three mags and night sights goes for $549.00.

Just passing it along...

crash
10-28-2008, 20:22
Anyone know where I can order Lowa boots without ordering from the UK?
Only ones I can fine here are the seeker, looking for desert elite or the urban.

jatx
10-28-2008, 20:31
Anyone know where I can order Lowa boots without ordering from the UK?
Only ones I can fine here are the seeker, looking for desert elite or the urban.

Call the number I provided above - they are in Connecticut.

TOMAHAWK9521
10-28-2008, 20:57
In the past, I have set up wholesale accounts for my unit to purchase anything my guys wanted from Mountain Hardwear and Marmot. The only catch is that the companies request that you be discreet. (ie: Not buying for everyone in your family or trying to resell items you bought from them).

Mountain Hardwear is a military supporter and Marmot has, or at least had, a Special Forces purchasing program. Since my old unit moved to TX, I have been asked to reestablish my contacts/accounts with both companies for my current unit.

jatx
10-28-2008, 21:05
Patagonia Pro gave me the pro program and discount off of my military ID...TR

FYI for those interested in the Patagonia Pro program, the number to call is 805-667-4760. It is available to current military, but not to LE.

crash
10-30-2008, 13:56
Call the number I provided above - they are in Connecticut.

Guess I'm blind and should order glasses while I'm at it; Thanks, I'll give them a call.

jatx
10-30-2008, 16:31
Guess I'm blind and should order glasses while I'm at it; Thanks, I'll give them a call.

I would consider faxing them an outline of your foot, since Lowas tend to run narrow and they do not come in widths.

Rodeo
10-31-2008, 06:51
Thanks.

JGarcia
10-31-2008, 10:03
Arcteryx....

I had the same problem TR had with them. A long time ago TR had a list of kit that he had tried out, on the list was the Arcteryx Knee Caps. I went to through the LEO/Mil application thing online, which took a few minutes, and I never got a reply. So I tried again, never got a reply.

... Canadians.

LongWire
10-31-2008, 10:45
Here's one for The North Face that I have used.......good stuff.

http://thenorthface.3point5.com/action/pro

LongWire
10-31-2008, 10:46
Just thinking, Could we make a sticky for current Mil/Leo Pro sites?

Thanks