PDA

View Full Version : recon mountaineer

docbuxton
01-12-2007, 17:46
has anyone used this bag yet? (the TC3 from recon mountaineer) I had one sent to me to test and check out. What are your comments on this bag for all around use? www.reconmountaineer.com

Doc B.

crash
10-21-2007, 18:35
has anyone used this bag yet? (the TC3 from recon mountaineer) I had one sent to me to test and check out. What are your comments on this bag for all around use? www.reconmountaineer.com

Doc B.

Seen it only in pictures, don't know anyone who's used one either.. How did your test go?

justanotherdude
02-18-2009, 03:40
I have a few, prefer the TT FRB. When worn as a waistpack I found the straps to be overkill. Couldn't find any reason to stop using it the TT FRB and start using their TC3 bag.

Dan

fritzscorner
03-17-2009, 15:01
My unit recieved 150 or so of these and they were issued out to the cls guys. They came fully stocked of course. All hextend was replaced with sodium or lr PA doesnt want cls pushing hextend.

I rather like these bags myself. Im new to the army so I have no experience with other cls bags keep in mind. I wouldnt mind having one as a drop bag stocked how I want it, detachable from my aid bag.

For quick access and can toss to someone easily.

Have mainly arterial bleeding necessities in it, kerlex, ace wrap, combat gauze, tape, sheers, a few cat's, and maybe some israeli bandages (I like kerlex and ace wrap better myself.)

ReconDoc242
04-27-2009, 11:18
It is a bit uncomfortable to carry and works best as a supplemental casualty bag that is kept in the vehicle. I find that its best used as a supplemental equipment bag that can be setup to allow you to care for an additional 2 casualties. This way you can keep it out of the way in a vehicle until needed and it will lighten your primary med bag a bit. Just my 2Cents.