PDA

View Full Version : Things not to do with your Weapons

NousDefionsDoc
04-09-2004, 18:15
Former Omaha Police Officer Suing Gun Maker Top Stories
04/09/2004 15:01:12

(Omaha, NE) -- Former Omaha Police Officer Jeffrey Holland is suing the manufacturer of a gun that he says wouldn't fire during a bank holdup. Holland had been working security at the Great Western Bank at 47th and L Street when two men tried to rob the bank in March of 2000. Holland tried to shoot one of the suspects, but he said his Glock had been hit by a bullet and jammed. He was then shot by one of the men. Holland grabbed one of the suspects to use as a shield, while trying to get his weapon to fire. Holland was shot two more times before subduing one of the robbers while the other fled. In his suit, Holland is contending that one of the reasons he purchased the Glock is because it was billed as "virtually indestructible." Holland was seriously wounded and is seeking damages for pain, suffering and medical bills. Both robbery suspects have since been convicted and are serving prison time.

But, it was under warranty! (http://omaha.cox.net/cci/portal/_pagr/121/_pa.121/518?view=LocalNewsArticleView&articleId=204639)

Roguish Lawyer
04-09-2004, 18:27
Glock needs to get themselves a competent in-house lawyer. Their web site has no legal disclaimers at all.

http://www.glock.com/home.htm

The Reaper
04-09-2004, 18:28
Guess he didn't believe in back-ups.

TR

NousDefionsDoc
04-09-2004, 18:41
Originally posted by Roguish Lawyer
Glock needs to get themselves a competent in-house lawyer. Their web site has no legal disclaimers at all.

http://www.glock.com/home.htm

Call them.

Roguish Lawyer
04-09-2004, 18:44
Originally posted by NousDefionsDoc
Call them.

Can I use TMC 14 as a reference? LOL

NousDefionsDoc
04-09-2004, 18:47
You can use me for one if you want. I own two of their pistols.

NousDefionsDoc
04-10-2004, 11:15
CLEVELAND, Ohio (AP) -- A federal air marshal accidentally left her gun in a restroom at Cleveland Hopkins International Airport, an airport spokeswoman said Friday.

A passenger found the semiautomatic handgun Thursday and notified an airport employee. The employee then told airport police, who secured the weapon, said the spokeswoman, Pat Smith.

"They later found it belonged to a federal air marshal who apparently was using the restroom and put it up on the shelf while she was washing her hands and forgot about it," Smith said.

Dave Adams, a spokesman for the federal Air Marshal Service, said the marshal, whose name was not released, probably would be suspended.

"The air marshal realized within five minutes that she had lost her weapon, went back to the police department and it was subsequently returned to her," Adams said. "Obviously, we are very concerned about the situation."

There were no delays or other disruptions at the airport.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/TRAVEL/04/09/airport.gun.ap/index.html

NousDefionsDoc
04-10-2004, 11:21
Oh, yeah, let's arm the pilots!

Smokin Joe
04-10-2004, 11:51
CLEVELAND, Ohio (AP) --

"They later found it belonged to a federal air marshal who apparently was using the restroom and put it up on the shelf while she was washing her hands and forgot about it," Smith said.

Are you kidding me. Can we say complacent?

Dave Adams, a spokesman for the federal Air Marshal Service, said the marshal, whose name was not released, probably would be suspended.

Probably? Again are you kidding me. How about a 30 day unpaid suspension plus re-assignement to a desk for about a year so she can fully internalize her mistake.

Ya its a little steep but so is "forgetting" your duty weapon.

NousDefionsDoc
04-10-2004, 11:59
I would hang it around her neck with an Oregon logging chain. She wouldn't forget it again and would have no problem passing her next PT test.

Sacamuelas
04-10-2004, 12:04
I was thinking Barney fife this Marshal-

Unload her gun and make her keep her ONE bullet in her friggin front shirt pocket from now on.

Actually, I think they should follow some of the recommendation
s for ND's I have read on this site. Big boy rules for Big boy toys.

"Can" her. If my daughter had walked in and grabbed that loaded pistol off the counter I would even be more extreme. No excuse for that IMO by a "well trained" air marshal. :munchin

Smokin Joe
04-10-2004, 12:09
Originally posted by Sacamuelas
I was thinking Barney fife this Marshal-

Unload her gun and make her keep her ONE bullet in her friggin front shirt pocket from now on.

Actually, I think they should follow some of the recommendation
s for ND's I have read on this site. Big boy rules for Big boy toys.

"Can" her. If my daughter had walked in and grabbed that loaded pistol off the counter I would even be more extreme. No excuse for that IMO by a "well trained" air marshal.

After further review I have altered my decision.

Can her ass. Zero tolerence. Big Boy consecquense in the Big Boy game.

OOOHH my Sac I CAN'T Believe you refered to NDD as "ND"
tsk tsk tsk....you must not like life very much. :)

NousDefionsDoc
04-10-2004, 12:13
This is a prime reason not to arm the pilots to me. Granted, it wasn't a pilot, but there is a considerable difference in the hours of training received by AMs and pilots. I expect the first incident with an armed pilot to be an ND.

Joe, why you want to get the Molar Mechanic in trouble on Easter?:D

Sacamuelas
04-10-2004, 12:15
Originally posted by Smokin Joe
After further review I have altered my decision.

Can her ass. Zero tolerence. Big Boy consecquense in the Big Boy game.

OOOHH my Sac I CAN'T Believe you refered to NDD as "ND"
tsk tsk tsk....you must not like life very much.

Negligent Discharge... You should not try to jedi mind trick a bunch of plank holder JEDI's with that little ploy coperator. They will not fall for that... this site is the Big leagues!!! LOL

Surgicalcric
04-10-2004, 12:16
Can you say dummy-cord...

If I left my weapon on the sink in a public bathroom I would venture to say I would not be getting it back. Can her butt.

Smokin Joe
04-10-2004, 12:17
This is a prime reason not to arm the pilots to me. Granted, it wasn't a pilot, but there is a considerable difference in the hours of training received by AMs and pilots. I expect the first incident with an armed pilot to be an ND.

Joe, why you want to get the Molar Mechanic in trouble on Easter?:

I still own him from when you and he threw me in front of the Team Sergeants bus last month in the Remington 1100 thread.:D

NousDefionsDoc
04-10-2004, 12:18
Nobody really thinks they are going to fire a female USG federal employee just for leaving a loaded weapon in a public bathroom do they?

Smokin Joe
04-10-2004, 12:19
Originally posted by Sacamuelas
Negligent Discharge... You should not try to jedi mind trick a bunch of plank holder JEDI's with that little ploy coperator. They will not fall for that... this site is the Big leagues!!! LOL

Damn and I though I had you :)

Oh well I guess I will just have to continue to lie in wait

Sacamuelas
04-10-2004, 12:24
Nobody really thinks they are going to fire a female USG federal employee just for leaving a loaded weapon in a public bathroom do they?

These other options form my reasoning about outright Firing her ... Giving her a desk job where she doesn't have to travel away from her family and actually function in her chosenprofession is a ridiculous proposal. You know why? These marshalls are getting paid VERY good money (in comparison to other LE) yet if she is placed at a desk, I guarantee that she will maintain her current grade/paid but not have to suffer travel and long hours and/or endanger herself by being an actual marshall.

I agree NDD... not very likely they will "can" her. Just wishful thinking.

lrd
04-10-2004, 12:26
I'm sorry if this is a silly question, but why did she put it on the shelf in the first place? I don't recall seeing an air marshall walking around the airport with pistol in hand.

NousDefionsDoc
04-10-2004, 12:29
Originally posted by lrd
I'm sorry if this is a silly question, but why did she put it on the shelf in the first place? I don't recall seeing an air marshall walking around the airport with pistol in hand.

Aye, there's the rub.:munchin LOL

Sacamuelas
04-10-2004, 12:29
Damn and I though I had you
Oh well I guess I will just have to continue to lie in wait

You may want to quit eating all those donuts and drinking hot coffee and take off that shiny friggin badge if you are really trying to ambush me. I can smell that crap from miles away and that shiney signal badge is tough to ignore. :lifter

That and try not tell the people you are trying to deceive that you are trying to do it and how you are gonna do it. LOL

back to thread....

NousDefionsDoc
04-10-2004, 12:33
The donuts, the coffee, the tying the squad cars to light poles at speed traps, will it never end? Can't we all just get along? LOL

Smokin Joe
04-10-2004, 12:54
The donuts, the coffee, the tying the squad cars to light poles at speed traps, will it never end? Can't we all just get along? LOL

Oh alright.

But next time Sac...you won't BE SO LUCKY. :D

Seriously though...

Your right Sac they should not confine her to a desk they should fire her out right.

Her actions were gross neglence....around here gross neglence gets you a one sided conversation with the boss. Concluded with the phrase "Your fired".

But this IS the fed gov we are talking about.

Ird,

I don't know maybe she was going numba 2 and took her gun off and hung it on the little hooks in the stalls. Then grabbed it on her way out set it on the shelf thinking "gee thats a handy place to put my gun." then starts thinking about something else and walks out.

Bottom line she was/is complacent and had her head up her ass.

lrd
04-10-2004, 13:03
Ird,

I don't know maybe she was going numba 2 and took her gun off and hung it on the little hooks in the stalls. Then grabbed it on her way out set it on the shelf thinking "gee thats a handy place to put my gun." then starts thinking about something else and walks out.Well, it can't be the first time she's had to go to the bathroom. :rolleyes:
Bottom line she was/is complacent and had her head up her ass. I agree. Fortunately, the person who found the gun turned it in.

Bill Harsey
04-14-2004, 15:20
Bad cop, no doughnut. Loading logging chain with front end loader for shipping now.

Alex F
04-16-2004, 14:57
The people in the first post of this thread boggle my mind.

Sue the gun maker because the pistol was SHOT (talk about your movie shots come to life) and then was unable to be fired? Let's hope the judge tosses that one out.

The marshal leaving her pistol.... just renders me speechless. Time to make her go back through the academy if not fire her outright.

AngelsSix
04-18-2004, 19:35
I am a female military cop, bodyguard, security guard and a civlian LEO cadet. I wouldn't leave my weapon ANYWHERE except on ME. WTH is wrong with this picture??? How did this wench even get hired???
I sent several packages in to the AM's, never even got the courtesy of a reply.......and they hire a girl who can't even keep track of her weapon ???!!???

This is why I drive EVERYWHERE.
:cool:

Solid
04-19-2004, 02:13
Screw firing her, fire AT her...
Couldn't she be locked up for willful endangerment of the lives of all passengers flying from that terminal that day?

And by locked up, I mean shot.

Solid

Smokin Joe
04-19-2004, 12:02
Originally posted by Solid
Screw firing her, fire AT her...
Couldn't she be locked up for willful endangerment of the lives of all passengers flying from that terminal that day?

And by locked up, I mean shot.

Solid

Correct me Roguish Lawyer or Airborne Lawyer if I'm wrong here....

By the letter of the law they could lock her up.

But it would never happen. Its way to political for that to happen. Have you noticed that there is no follow up stories about this?

<shovel, shovel, shovel>

The FAA is trying to bury this as deep as they can. I would be willing to bet that she is back on duty.:(

Solid
04-19-2004, 12:12
I bet next time she gives it to the friendly-looking bathroom attendant "Mohammed" to look after...

Solid

Team Sergeant
04-19-2004, 12:23
Originally posted by lrd

LOL,

I’m betting the reason is because she has already fished one out of the toilet already.

She should be fired. There’s no excuse for what she did. Remember, a US Air Marshal is supposed to pay attention to detail, that’s what they’re paid for…..

As for allowing pilots to carry on planes, it’s time for me to purchase an RV for really long drives….

No carry on bags and issue every person on the aircraft a stun gun as they board.

TS

Roguish Lawyer
04-19-2004, 12:45
Correct me Roguish Lawyer or Airborne Lawyer if I'm wrong here....

By the letter of the law they could lock her up.

Not my area. No idea. Sorry.

Smokin Joe
04-19-2004, 12:47
Originally posted by Team Sergeant
LOL,

No carry on bags and issue every person on the aircraft a stun gun as they board.

TS

Ah the TASER....but that could get ugly.

"Quit kicking my chair you little Bastard."

"Or what"

Zaaaaaaaaaaappp.

"You Son-of-a-bitch! YOU JUST TASERED MY CHILD!"

"I wouldn't have to if you kept that little bastard under control."

Zaaaaaaaaaaaapp....for neglince (as a parent)

Yup thats got my vote Tazers to all who board. No more boarding passes or pre-flight instructions on how to us the seat belts. Serial numbered Tasers will be your new boarding pass and pre-flight instructions will be proper use of the Taser.

"....And if the person next to you rushes the cockpit, turn the Taser on here...aim with the little laser, and depress the trigger."

GackMan
04-19-2004, 13:11
Originally posted by lrd

I'd bet she actually left it in the crapper, not the sink. took it out of the holster to drop trow and never picked it back up again.

some school resource officer did that somewhere in the mid west. teacher went into the bathroom and there was a gun sitting on the toilet tank. oops.

Solid
04-19-2004, 13:53
The worst these days is that stewardesses are well-skilled in the art of generalising all argument as 'air rage'... Total abuse of power, although I understand how helpful it would be in a potentially dangerous situation.

Solid

BadMuther
04-20-2004, 17:42
Originally posted by AngelsSix
I am a female military cop, bodyguard, security guard and a civlian LEO cadet. I wouldn't leave my weapon ANYWHERE except on ME. WTH is wrong with this picture??? How did this wench even get hired???
I sent several packages in to the AM's, never even got the courtesy of a reply.......and they hire a girl who can't even keep track of her weapon ???!!???

This is why I drive EVERYWHERE.
:cool:

Who do you bodyguard?

Team Sergeant
04-30-2004, 13:07
I'd find another line of work.

http://www.local6.com/news/3254509/detail.html

Sacamuelas
04-30-2004, 13:18
Good Job Officer, you Twit... Score one for the anti-gun nuts... check out this little paragraph in the media report due to this officer's incompetence. :rolleyes:

"Everyone was pretty shaken up," Farmer said. "But the point of gun safety hit home. Unfortunately, the agent had to get shot. But after seeing that, my nephew doesn't want to have anything to do with guns."

Bill Harsey
04-30-2004, 17:05
I fully agree with Jawbreaker.

Air.177
04-30-2004, 17:33
Originally posted by Bill Harsey
I fully agree with Jawbreaker.
Mr Harsey,
For the good of yourself and everyone else, please do not make a habit of saying that:)

Sacamuelas
04-30-2004, 22:00
Originally posted by Air.177
Mr Harsey,
For the good of yourself and everyone else, please do not make a habit of saying that

Alright Air.177...

I 've been drinkin at a party tonight.. and if I was as naive as Solid, I might say something smartass back to you.. However, I am not snotknockered enough to forget that Ambush Master cover your six. So ..... very funny!! LOL Smart ass. :D LOL

Bill Harsey
04-30-2004, 22:11
Air.177! Ok, back to "Pigpile on the Dentist" it is. I still agree with him here. Maybe you could make Jawbreaker feel better by letting him customize one of your rifles. You know he's good with tools. (running into the dark woods now)

Sacamuelas
04-30-2004, 22:17
Damn you Bill... I thought we were tight, then the criticism from a man who ran from and cowered from this????:p

Bill Harsey
04-30-2004, 22:21
Still Are tight! Quit posting images of those dangerous man killers here! Those scare me.

Sacamuelas
04-30-2004, 22:23
LOL!! haha Bill, we ever meet and the first ten rounds are on me. :lifter

Bill Harsey
04-30-2004, 22:28
Thank you Jawbreaker, I'll get the next ten!

NousDefionsDoc
04-30-2004, 22:54
Originally posted by Team Sergeant

Holy Mary Mother of God! Where do they get these dumbasses? Oh wait, I know - COLLEGE!

That dumb SOB should have to be the school crossing guard (unarmed of course) for the rest of his natural life so the kids can all go:

"Is that him?"
"Yep, that's officer dumbass that shot himself in the leg!"

And throw things at him.

"The point of gun safety hit home!" Yeah, no shit. Like "Don't do this!"

Freakin' amateurs.

Mr. Harsey, please don't get them started on those pimp guns again - I can't take it. Its offensive!

Bill Harsey
04-30-2004, 23:01
NDD, Sorry, will stop it. Just re-read the article, COLLEGE! I think your right. That bubba is going to need a whole tube of superglue and some duct tape to fix that hole.

Sacamuelas
04-30-2004, 23:06
please don't get them started on those pimp guns again - I can't take it. Its offensive! \

You mean like this...
The ultimate GPS guided, survival weapon.. just for you NDD.:p

Admin edit - No obscene Pics on PS.com! This is your first and final warning! KNOCK IT OFF!

NousDefionsDoc
04-30-2004, 23:23
Oh yeah! :D

Sacamuelas
04-30-2004, 23:35
Bully!!! LOL :D

The Reaper
05-01-2004, 06:59
I would only hope that the round struck in a sentitive area and removed the Agent from the gene pool.

I say we wed him with the Air Marshal who left her weapon on the restroom counter and neuter both of them. Too dangerous to leave even one out there to procreate.

Obviously safe weapons handling is not a prereq to be issued one by the Government, nor to retaining them after demonstrated incompetency.

TR

myclearcreek
05-01-2004, 17:18
And people wonder why I won't purchase a pistol before I get competent training. There are some dumb folks in the world, no doubt.

NousDefionsDoc
01-05-2005, 04:19
Seattle Police Chief's Service Pistol Stolen

POSTED: 4:45 pm PST January 3, 2005
UPDATED: 5:53 am PST January 4, 2005

SEATTLE -- Seattle police are investigating the theft of Police Chief Gil Kerlikowske's service pistol, which was stolen from his police vehicle last week, KIRO 7 Eyewitness News reported.

The chief's unmarked Crown Victoria was parked at Sixth Avenue and Olive Way in downtown Seattle on Dec. 26 when someone broke in and took his city-issued Glock 26.

The loaded gun was in a holster, hidden from view when it was taken, sometime between 10:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. that day.

Seattle police spokesman Sean Whitcomb said thefts of items from cars happened 23,000 times in the city last year.

Whitcomb said there is no policy against an officer keeping a gun in the car and the crime can happen to anyone.

"Your car is vulnerable. There are a lot of car prowls that do happen in the city of Seattle, and not even the chief of police is immune to them," Whitecomb said.

Whitcomb said the value of the gun makes the case a felony.

Endorphin Rush
01-05-2005, 10:50
You've GOTTA be kidding me...

The police spokesman says that 23,000 thefts from vehicles occurred last year. He states that "your car is vulnerable" and that "not even the Chief of Police is immune".

Now, the above information cannot be NEWS to the Chief of Police, can it??? WTF was he thinking???

And the value of the gun makes the case a felony??????

I can't believe that this one even got released to the news...or maybe someone leaked it with intent????

CPTAUSRET
01-05-2005, 11:04
Good Job Officer, you Twit... Score one for the anti-gun nuts... check out this little paragraph in the media report due to this officer's incompetence. :rolleyes:

[/b][/u]"

Not picking on you Saca, but didn't you misspell "Twit"?? In this instance, shouldn't it be spelled with an a?? :D

Terry

Razor
01-05-2005, 12:02
I wonder if the SPD will invest in some vehicle gunsafes in the near future? :)

BamBam
01-05-2005, 12:13
Yeah lock the damn thing up in a gun safe and the next thing you will learn, is he got shot a crime scene try to unlock the gunsafe.

Smokin Joe
01-05-2005, 14:30
Maybe he should wear the pistol?
(F**king administrators)

Trip_Wire (RIP)
01-05-2005, 14:54
Maybe he should wear the pistol?
(F**king administrators)

You are 100% correct! ;) It seems like a lot of the high brass are guilty of not carrying there weapons off duty. (Some on duty too.) In contrast to our previous King County Sheriff who is now a State Senator. He was known to stop felons and actually do some police work on occassion.

This Chief was VERY anti-gun and was pretty outspoken on the "Assault Weapon," laws and was in favor of renewing the law. He is also fairly liberal in his thinking!

I wonder how many days off a patrol officer or Detective would have gotten off had he/she left a firearm in a unlocked vehicle? The least he could have dome was lock it in the trunk. (Update) He does say the vehicle was locked, but there is no evidence or damage as how entry was made

As for the value of the pistol it was a Glock Model 26 with holster. (An issue pistol for Chiefs I guess.) Opps...latest was it was his personal weapon. The where abouts of his issue weapon hasn't been settled on yet.

Gun safes in police cars are almost non-existant in this area. When I was in SWAT and the Bomb Sqd. I carried Binary-explosives, Caps, Det-cord and special weapons in the trunk of my unmarked vehicle all the time. Perhaps some other types of explosives as well (Data-sheet - C-4? Naw, I wouldn't do that!) ;)

Smokin Joe
01-05-2005, 18:35
You are 100% correct! ;)

This Chief was VERY anti-gun and was pretty outspoken on the "Assault Weapon," laws and was in favor of renewing the law. He is also fairly liberal in his thinking!

I wonder how many days off a patrol officer or Detective would have gotten off had he/she left a firearm in a unlocked vehicle? The least he could have dome was lock it in the trunk.

As for the value of the pistol it was a Glock Model 26 with holster. (An issue pistol for Chiefs I guess.)

Gun safes in police cars are almost non-existant in this area. When I was in SWAT and the Bomb Sqd. I carried Binary-explosives, Caps, Det-cord and special weapons in the trunk of my unmarked vehicle all the time. Perhaps some other types of explosives as well (Data-sheet - C-4? Naw, I wouldn't do that!) ;)

We have had certain individuals intiate high risk felony traffic stops on known violent offenders without knowing where there pistol was. :eek:

Of course these are the same morons who turned down some great training offered by one of our board members. :rolleyes:

NousDefionsDoc
02-13-2005, 08:42
Hobart man dies testing bulletproof vest

Associated Press
February 12, 2005

HOBART, Ind. -- A man whose friends initially said he was killed by gunfire outside a Gary liquor store actually died after he donned what he thought was a bulletproof vest and asked a cohort to shoot him.

A friend then shot Daniel Wright with a .20-gauge shotgun, but it turned out the vest Wright had put on Thursday was a flak jacket not designed to stop a bullet.

Wright, 20, was mortally wounded in the shooting and died later at a Gary hospital after two of his friends drove him there.

Three Hobart men who are now charged in the Crown Point man's shooting death said they concocted the story that he was murdered by a stranger outside a Gary liquor store in a panic after the Wright unexpectedly died.

Hobart police Lt. Leo Finnerty said Friday that Wright was going to join the military and wanted some battlefield experience.

So he went to a field in Hobart with his friends, donned what he thought was a bulletproof vest, and then told them: "Shoot me. I'm ready."

"He voluntarily put on the vest because he wanted to experience what a .20-gauge shotgun would do," Finnerty told the Post-Tribune of Merrillville.

The Lake County coroner's office said the plastic cartridge fired from the shotgun's blast pierced Wright's chest and some shotgun pellets ripped into his heart.

Robert Lee Stottlemire, 20, of Hobart was charged with reckless homicide for allegedly shooting Wright in the chest from a distance of between 3 to 6 feet.

Two other Hobart men, Brock Bieker, 19, and Michael J. Searle, 18, are charged with assisting Stottlemire by concealing the homicide.

Bieker and Searle also are charged with giving Gary police false information, a misdemeanor.

Hobart police said that after Wright was mortally shot, Searle reloaded the shotgun and fired a round into the windshield of the car they were driving to make their story of the shooting outside the liquor store more believable.

But Gary Police Detective Thomas Decanter said the story started to fall apart as soon as he began questioning the pair at a Gary hospital.

Sixteen hours after the shooting, a fourth man who witnessed the shooting but ran off after Wright fell to the ground walked into the Hobart police station with his parents and told the actual story of the shooting.

Kyobanim
02-13-2005, 09:02
Evolution in Action

Brother Rat
02-13-2005, 09:22
"Shoot me. I'm ready."

LOL. That cracks me up every time I read it.

BadMuther
02-13-2005, 12:37
And the value of the gun makes the case a felony??????

Anything over $250 in Washington........."Theft over from vehicle"....

CPTAUSRET
02-13-2005, 12:39
Evolution in Action

Evolution does not necessarily mean progress!

Terry

Kyobanim
02-13-2005, 15:09
Evolution does not necessarily mean progress!

Terry

No, but eliminating the dead weight from the gene pool is a step in the right direction.

CPTAUSRET
02-13-2005, 15:35
No, but eliminating the dead weight from the gene pool is a step in the right direction.

Concur!

Terry

NousDefionsDoc
03-07-2005, 20:10
http://www.elysion.com/images/DEA%20Agent%20Negligent%20Discharge.wmv

gits
03-07-2005, 22:06
Yo NDD link didn't work but I think this was the one you were trying to link.
http://www.elysion.com/images/dea_nd.wmv

Roguish Lawyer
03-07-2005, 22:12
Yo NDD link didn't work but I think this was the one you were trying to link.
http://www.elysion.com/images/dea_nd.wmv

Nice attempt to recover: "See, kids, you should never play with guns. Accidents can happen with guns. They happen." LMFAO!

Smokin Joe
03-07-2005, 22:22
ROTFLMMFAO :D :D :D

NousDefionsDoc
03-07-2005, 22:25
That's it, thanks.

My favorite is "This is a Glock Foty, only the police should have aGlock Foty." Or something like that. What an ass clown.

NousDefionsDoc
03-10-2005, 18:55
Cat Shoots Owner With 9mm Handgun
Thursday, March 10, 2005

BATES TOWNSHIP, Mich. — A man cooking in his kitchen was shot after one of his cats knocked his 9mm handgun onto the floor, discharging the weapon, Michigan State Police (search) said.

Joseph Stanton (search), 29, of Bates Township in Iron County, was shot in his lower torso around 6 p.m. Tuesday, the state police post in Iron River reported. He was transported to Iron County Community Hospital.

Michelle Sand, a spokeswoman at the Iron River hospital, said Stanton was treated there before being transferred to Marquette General Hospital for further treatment. But Marcie Miller, a representative of the Marquette facility, said there was no record of the hospital receiving a patient by that name.

A telephone message seeking comment was left Wednesday at Stanton's home.

State police said he was cooking at his stove when the cat knocked the loaded gun off the kitchen counter behind him.

CPTAUSRET
03-10-2005, 18:59
Cat Shoots Owner With 9mm Handgun
Thursday, March 10, 2005

BATES TOWNSHIP, Mich. — A man cooking in his kitchen was shot after one of his cats knocked his 9mm handgun onto the floor, discharging the weapon, Michigan State Police (search) said.

Joseph Stanton (search), 29, of Bates Township in Iron County, was shot in his lower torso around 6 p.m. Tuesday, the state police post in Iron River reported. He was transported to Iron County Community Hospital.

Michelle Sand, a spokeswoman at the Iron River hospital, said Stanton was treated there before being transferred to Marquette General Hospital for further treatment. But Marcie Miller, a representative of the Marquette facility, said there was no record of the hospital receiving a patient by that name.

A telephone message seeking comment was left Wednesday at Stanton's home.

State police said he was cooking at his stove when the cat knocked the loaded gun off the kitchen counter behind him.

The cat in question must have seen Boondock Saints one too many times!

NousDefionsDoc
03-22-2005, 13:58
The DEA guy....

http://www.officer.com/article/article.jsp?siteSection=&id=22400

DEA Agent Suspended After Shooting Self In Foot

POSTED: 11:53 a.m. EST March 18, 2005
UPDATED: 11:53 a.m. EST March 18, 2005

Story by wftv.com

ORLANDO, Fla. -- An undercover D-E-A Agent has been suspended for a week without pay after video surfaced on the internet showing him shoot himself in the foot while giving a gun safety lecture to a group of Orlando fourth graders.

During the lesson, the agent goes through a safety routine and even asks another agent to verify that the gun is not loaded. The agent, holding a Glock 40 handgun, referred to how rappers who tend to boast about this type of gun, and even hold it incorrectly.

With the gun pointed downward, the firearm misfired and the agent shot himself in the right foot.

Despite the shock and injury, the agent continued his lesson warning kids about the danger of accidental shootings, like the one they had just witnessed.

Sources close to the investigation suspect the video was leaked from someone inside the D-E-A.

aricbcool
03-22-2005, 17:55
The DEA guy....

http://www.officer.com/article/article.jsp?siteSection=&id=22400

DEA Agent Suspended After Shooting Self In Foot

POSTED: 11:53 a.m. EST March 18, 2005
UPDATED: 11:53 a.m. EST March 18, 2005

Story by wftv.com

ORLANDO, Fla. -- An undercover D-E-A Agent has been suspended for a week without pay after video surfaced on the internet showing him shoot himself in the foot while giving a gun safety lecture to a group of Orlando fourth graders.

A week without pay? That's a pretty light reprimand for discharging a firearm in a classroom full of schoolchildren. Makes me wonder what the Air Marshal from previous posts ended up getting. Probably a gift certificate to "Shooting World" or something. :rolleyes:

--Aric

NousDefionsDoc
03-24-2005, 09:34
March 24, 2005 5:52 AM

The Associated Press

SEATTLE Seattle police are investigating how an off-duty officer working security at a grocery store shot himself in the leg -- twice.

Spokesman Sean Whitcomb says the officer was adjusting his gun in the holster last night when it fired. It's unclear if there was some mechanical malfunction or mistake.

The bullets went through the officer's leg. Workers heard the shots and found him on the floor in an aisle at the north Seattle store (the Larry's Market at 104th and Aurora).

He was taken to Harborview Medical Center where he is expected to make a full recovery.

Psywar1-0
04-12-2005, 19:52
And now in more recent news that thankfully didnt make the news, here is a hint:

Running around on the beach during Semana Santa in Ranger Panties and a tank top, with your M9 hanging out, and using an embassy ID to try and get out of trouble when the locals call about "Gringo with a gun" only ends up screwing you and your buddies.

Now weapons can only be used during ops, no more Force Protection cause one asshat cant conceal his pistol off duty.

The Reaper
04-11-2006, 11:25

Back from the dead.

But wait, it gets better!

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0411061foot1.html

"DEA Agent Who Shot Self In Foot Sues U.S."

Good thing we have lawyers here to right wrongs.:rolleyes:

TR

airbornediver
11-01-2006, 06:55
from the federal air marshall job description

Federal Air Marshal

As a Federal Air Marshal, you will detect, deter, and defeat hostile acts against U.S. air carriers, passengers, and crews. You will be an armed Federal law enforcement officer, deployed on passenger flights worldwide to protect airline passengers and crew against the risk of criminal and terrorist violence. You will perform investigative work and participate in multi-agency task forces and in land-based investigative assignments to proactively fight terrorism. As a Federal Air Marshal, you will promote public confidence in the safety of the nation’s aviation system as a “quiet professional” in the skies.

here's the link
http://www.tsa.gov/lawenforcement/people/fams_join.shtm

NousDefionsDoc
04-18-2007, 00:31
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Two Secret Service officers were injured on the White House complex on Tuesday after a gun accidentally fired, according to a spokesman, Darrin Blackford.

Their injuries are non-life threatening, the spokesman said.

One officer suffered a shrapnel wound to the face, and the other was wounded in the leg. Both were from the service's uniform division. They were taken to George Washington Hospital.

At the time, President George W. Bush was on a trip to Blacksburg, Virginia, to attend a ceremony at Virginia Tech university following Monday's shooting rampage.

"It appears that at approximately 2:10 p.m. (1810 GMT) there was an accidental discharge of a service issued weapon, which occurred inside the Southwest Gate at a security post near the White House," Blackford said.

Pennsylvania Avenue in front of the White House, Lafayette Park across the street from the White House and other nearby walkways were all shut down to pedestrian traffic due to the incident. Many police vehicles were in the area.

The closures of Lafayette Park and the north gate of the White House were due to a separate investigation of a suspicious package, Blackford said.

http://www.reuters.com/article/politicsNews/idUSN1744505020070417

brianksain
05-23-2007, 15:35
Hey there are booger eaters in every crowd ... but they sure make the rest of us look bad. :rolleyes:

Team Sergeant
05-23-2007, 15:53
Hey there are booger eaters in every crowd ... but they sure make the rest of us look bad. :rolleyes:

And there are slow readers.... that's been news for almost a few months now, you just getting to it?....:p

TS

brianksain
05-31-2007, 13:43
Yes Team Sergeant ... just getting to it !!! LOL

Lost Mom in a car fire two months ago. She was handicapped and couldn't get out.

Dad burned his hands up trying to save her but ... she didn't make it.

PTSD / Nightmares kicking his ass.

Working through it with him. He's tough ... married to my Mom 47 years.

Have seen two cops shot in as many months ... Both right in front of my face.

One an ND:rolleyes: ... and one by BGs.

Supporting GI Joe every day and ...

The wife has had me painting the house ... lol

Life is good.

My site reading however ... is a little slower these days.

Playing catch up TS !!!

Best regards friends,

BK

x SF med
05-31-2007, 15:23
Damn Brian, who wrote that post, Willie Nelson? Your life sounds like a country song right now, no sarcasm intended, it really does sound like a country song. Prayers for your Mom and Dad. Prayers out for your fallen comrades. Painting the house, well, when you buy 'em you gotta maintain 'em.

Hope to see you at SHOT again next year.

brianksain
05-31-2007, 18:10
I could write you a book on personal tragedy.

But this thread is about folks shooting themselves which is just ... stupid. MEDIC !!!!! lol

BK

x SF med
06-01-2007, 13:53
First day of 18B Phase II, prior to anything, the TAC walks to the front of the room and states:

"Nobody in this room will be a casualty of their own weapon, you will clear twice prior to doing anything with or to a weapon, the muzzle of the weapon will not be pointed at anything you do not intend to kill, failure in either point I just stated will send you to the 82nd with no hope of returning to the SFQC, ever."

The Reaper
06-01-2007, 14:13
I had an E-5 18B student come in to my office with a complaint after being rolled back a class in MOS Phase as a Med Drop.

He was telling one of my people how he was getting screwed. I was minding my own business till he mentioned that the "accident" happened with his privately owned Glock.

I came out and looked him over. The cast was on his left forearm and he was right handed. He was just explaining how the "safety" on his Glock malfunctioned.

I asked him to indicate where the entrance and exit wounds were. From the bullet's path up his forearm, it was pretty clear to me that he was doing a muzzle press check into his palm with his finger on the trigger. Not too many other ways for an individual to fire a round from a pistol into his palm and out his elbow.

I asked him where this happened, and it was in government quarters. The bullet continued through an exterior wall and within 20 feet of a mother and children passing by on the sidewalk.

At that point, I took a deep breath before explaining to him calmly that he was a liar, an idiot, a walking safety violation, as well as a potential child killer, and told him that he was very lucky that no one else was hurt and for him not to be in confinement. I believe that I may have expressed to him that I was concerned about his status in the SFQC, as he was a safety risk to himself and others, and that IMHO, the best thing for him would be to leave training, wait for everyone in Training Group who knew him to PCS, and to try again then.

Of course, since the next class had open slots and we needed the numbers, so in he went. I believe that he is out there on an ODA today, if he has not killed himself or someone else yet.:rolleyes:

TR

kgoerz
06-01-2007, 18:28
First day of 18B Phase II, prior to anything, the TAC walks to the front of the room and states:

"Nobody in this room will be a casualty of their own weapon, you will clear twice prior to doing anything with or to a weapon, the muzzle of the weapon will not be pointed at anything you do not intend to kill, failure in either point I just stated will send you to the 82nd with no hope of returning to the SFQC, ever."

Was this after 1983?

The brief should include the TAC's also and go something like this "a TAC should never play with the Guard Weapon in the Class Room. It might go off and put a hole in a Students Desk:eek: In the event this doe's happen. Make up a story about the Secret Green Beret Oath. Swear the Students to secrecy, followed by threats of dismissal;)

allester666
12-17-2007, 14:27
Check out this link:

https://crc.army.mil/Multimedia/detail.asp?iData=75&iCat=58&iChannel=19&nChannel=Multimedia

It will require AKO login to view the Weapon Handling Mistakes videos. Bottom line: 3 different soldiers shot themselves/buddy with a Springfield XD pistol. Not the guns fault obviously, just coincidence that they didnt clear the weapon before proceeding with field stripping the weapon. One put a bullet through 7 walls in a hotel...WTF.

kgoerz
12-17-2007, 17:59
Can someone capture that Video for the non AKO holders.

From I am Legend, Great Movie...SPOILER ALERT............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......
Never leave your M4 behind after you cut yourself out of the trap the Zombies set for you. Always carry extra Mags too. Or your Dog will Die:D

jatx
12-17-2007, 18:12
Can someone capture that Video for the non AKO holders.

From I am Legend, Great Movie...SPOILER ALERT............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......
Never leave your M4 behind after you cut yourself out of the trap the Zombies set for you. Always carry extra Mags too. Or your Dog will Die:D

Agreed, awesome movie! :lifter

The91Bravo
03-27-2008, 12:36
Oh, yeah, let's arm the pilots!

Seems like you looked into a crystal ball a couple years ago...

And you were right....:eek:

http://www.thestar.com/News/World/article/350744

Now, can you tell me the numbers for this next weeks powerball??:D

Claemore
03-31-2008, 16:29
I was thinking the same thing.

The Reaper
03-31-2008, 18:30
Seems like you looked into a crystal ball a couple years ago...

And you were right....:eek:

http://www.thestar.com/News/World/article/350744

Now, can you tell me the numbers for this next weeks powerball??:D

Actually, if you read the report, it was an equipment malfunction, and will happen again if they continue to use that holster.

TR

Team Sergeant
04-27-2008, 13:50
The FBI took an entire year to determine this? My tax dollars at work. I'd sure like to see the report.....

FBI: Gun rules were followed in agent's friendly fire death

By DAVID PORTER
Associated Press Writer

NEWARK, N.J. (AP) -- An FBI agent who mistakenly shot and killed a colleague a year ago during a bank robbery stakeout was within the bureau's guidelines for firing his weapon, a spokesman said Thursday.

An internal investigation determined that the actions of the unidentified agent who fatally shot Barry Lee Bush fell within rules governing the use of deadly force, agent Sean Quinn said.

After an investigation by the FBI's office of professional responsibility, the unidentified agent still could face punishment, ranging from a reprimand to termination.

The agent transferred to another FBI office at the end of last year, Quinn said.

Bush, 52, was shot and killed outside a PNC Bank branch in Readington on April 5, 2007. The alleged bank robbers were armed but did not fire their weapons, according to the FBI.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/A/AGENT_SHOT?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=US

Onuma
04-27-2008, 14:49
Newark, NJ. Home, sweet home.

If they'd allowed the citizens of NJ to legally carry firearms, perhaps there would be less crime in areas like Newark, Camden, Jersey City, etc. Criminals don't want to mess with armed, responsible citizens who are willing to defend themselves - they want a free ride. And that's just what they're getting! Thanks Governors Whitman, McGreevy, and Corzine for upholding our 2A rights so viciously :rolleyes:

To go along with the topic, however, I have a short story about one of the soldiers I deployed with: He was an Airman Medic back in the late 90's, and he had been spending a few months in Saudi Arabia. Supposedly, an intruder had breached the wire and these Airmen were crapping themselves with what to do. Most had loaded and locked, and were carrying hot weapons and had no damned muzzle control. Something startled my friend's buddy and the moron ND'ed into my friend's leg! Luckily it was a grazing wound, and he was in a medical unit, so those combined factors likely saved his limb and his life. Nothing ever came of the numb skull who ND'ed in the first place - I'd have had him strung up for sure.

The moral of the story? Don't give anyone any live ammo without very ample training and safety precautions. These Airmen were military, yes, but they had nowhere near the trigger & muzzle discipline of PFC Joe Snuffy in the Army, fresh out of Basic.

kgoerz
04-27-2008, 17:03
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Two Secret Service officers were injured on the White House complex on Tuesday after a gun accidentally fired, according to a spokesman, Darrin Blackford.

Their injuries are non-life threatening, the spokesman said.

One officer suffered a shrapnel wound to the face, and the other was wounded in the leg. Both were from the service's uniform division. They were taken to George Washington Hospital.

At the time, President George W. Bush was on a trip to Blacksburg, Virginia, to attend a ceremony at Virginia Tech university following Monday's shooting rampage.

"It appears that at approximately 2:10 p.m. (1810 GMT) there was an accidental discharge of a service issued weapon, which occurred inside the Southwest Gate at a security post near the White House," Blackford said.

Pennsylvania Avenue in front of the White House, Lafayette Park across the street from the White House and other nearby walkways were all shut down to pedestrian traffic due to the incident. Many police vehicles were in the area.

The closures of Lafayette Park and the north gate of the White House were due to a separate investigation of a suspicious package, Blackford said.

http://www.reuters.com/article/politicsNews/idUSN1744505020070417

Having just gone thru the same Academy as these guys. I am not surprised that it doesn't happens more often.
The biggest responsibility these Agents have is carrying a loaded weapon. The course is 13 weeks. Total time carrying and firing a live weapon here, adds up to approximately 5 days total.

Team Sergeant
04-27-2008, 17:18
Having just gone thru the same Academy as these guys. I am not surprised that it doesn't happens more often.
The biggest responsibility these Agents have is carrying a loaded weapon. The course is 13 weeks. Total time carrying and firing a live weapon here, adds up to approximately 5 days total.

Thanks, I really needed to hear that.....:rolleyes:

82ndtrooper
04-28-2008, 15:01
Check out this link:

https://crc.army.mil/Multimedia/detail.asp?iData=75&iCat=58&iChannel=19&nChannel=Multimedia

It will require AKO login to view the Weapon Handling Mistakes videos. Bottom line: 3 different soldiers shot themselves/buddy with a Springfield XD pistol. Not the guns fault obviously, just coincidence that they didnt clear the weapon before proceeding with field stripping the weapon. One put a bullet through 7 walls in a hotel...WTF.

This doesn't surprise me.

An awful lot of newbies to pistols are purchasing whatever pistol is harboring the "Best gun of the year" prize. That gun is generally a pistol that is DA type pre-striker component without a manual safety. Take your pic, Glock, XD, M&P etc.

I witnessed a young newbie to pistols shooting in "Gangsta" style. He couldn't figure out why he was getting hit in the head with his spent casings, nor why his hits where on the target in the next lane. :munchin

Team Sergeant
04-28-2008, 15:26
I witnessed a young newbie to pistols shooting in "Gangsta" style. He couldn't figure out why he was getting hit in the head with his spent casings, nor why his hits where on the target in the next lane. :munchin

Hopefully you walked by and said:

"Nice Shooting!"

kgoerz
04-28-2008, 15:58
Thanks, I really needed to hear that.....:rolleyes:

:D:D.....Too Funny

Can I change my screen name to Serpico when I Graduate;)

SF_BHT
04-28-2008, 16:13
TS

You do not want to hear my outlook at the Academy shooting Program in Quantico. None of them would ever make it through our courses. They scare me all the time and they are such Pu$$s when they do not have a gun on them. It is like neutering them...:D

kgoerz
04-28-2008, 16:13
On a serious note. I understand there is mandatory training, classes...etc. We have to accomplish here to become Federal Law Enforcement qualified. But there are also a few things that really don't apply to a lot of people. Things they will never be given the responsibility to do until years from now.
That time could be used to incorporate for repetitions of barricade or shooting on the move. Also I need to add that the Uniformed Secrete Service Agents have to complete additional training after they leave here.

82ndtrooper
04-28-2008, 19:50
Hopefully you walked by and said:

"Nice Shooting!"

Well, it was my target he was hitting in the next lane. :D

tinmanHRSO
06-14-2008, 02:39

I've unholstered my weapon to use a public restroom several times, just so the weight of the pistol wouldnt pull my belt through the loops and drop the gun and holster when I unfasten my belt to "answer the call of nature". I've NEVER been guilty of forgetting to stow my weapon when I'm finished though!

TF Kilo
09-06-2008, 04:23
fwiw concealed or duty, if I have to drop a deuce in a bathrrom with stalls I draw my weapon and put it IN my pants inbetween my legs.

I just don't feel comfortable with a duty belt/concealed holster being on the floor, somewhat visible, and generally oriented towards the stall to my right... to me it sounds like a perfect opportunity for losing positive control of your weapon.

That, and clearing a level 3 holster without it actually being somewhat anchored to your body can be a PITA... The whole caught with the pants down thing is really not something I need as an epitaph.

perdurabo
11-13-2008, 18:05
fwiw concealed or duty, if I have to drop a deuce in a bathrrom with stalls I draw my weapon and put it IN my pants inbetween my legs.

I do the same here. Boxers make quite a nice little hammock for my piece... err firearm. You won't ever forget to re-holster it.

It has an added advantage of hiding the firearm and not scaring the gun-fearing city-folk of Oregonistan, or letting some meth-head grab it.

kellyeod
01-02-2009, 17:52
CLEVELAND, Ohio (AP) -- A federal air marshal accidentally left her gun in a restroom at Cleveland Hopkins International Airport, an airport spokeswoman said Friday.

ATF agent leaves gun in bathroom at Milwaukee airport
BY THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Wednesday, February 6, 2008 8:21 PM CST

A special agent returning to Mitchell International Airport left her firearm in a bathroom there Tuesday night, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives said.

The special agent immediately alerted authorities when she realized she left her weapon, assistant special agent in charge Guy Thomas said Wednesday. He said it was either recovered by local authorities or a civilian.

Thomas said he didn't know how long the weapon was left in the bathroom but said the situation ended quickly.

"The important thing here is that the firearm is in the appropriate control," he said.
The incident is being investigated by the ATF, which is standard procedure, said Thomas, who is based in St. Paul, Minn.

He wouldn't provide details about the Milwaukee-based agent, such as how long she had been with the bureau.

"It's a sensitive situation as you can imagine," he said. "The agent is embarrassed."
She has not been suspended or placed on leave, Thomas said. He could not say what the outcome of the investigation would be.

The agent was returning home from a long detail assignment and there was some question as to whether she was fatigued, Thomas said.

He said he believed the Milwaukee County Sheriff's Department investigated the matter Tuesday night and determined that the agent did not leave her firearm on purpose.

The sheriff's department referred questions on the matter to the ATF.

kellyeod
01-02-2009, 17:59
Actually, if you read the report, it was an equipment malfunction, and will happen again if they continue to use that holster.

TR

Thats what the Airline Pilots Association (ALPA) want you to believe. The holster is a DeSantis and is used and issued by numerous FED LEO agencies to include; all components of DHS, USSS, DOD...etc.;)

Mycroft
02-04-2009, 14:24
Another woman leaves her gun at the toilet...

http://www.thelocal.se/17338/20090203/

This was not in the US, but I'm curious how many of these incidents do not get reported.

The Reaper
02-04-2009, 16:06
Thats what the Airline Pilots Association (ALPA) want you to believe. The holster is a DeSantis and is used and issued by numerous FED LEO agencies to include; all components of DHS, USSS, DOD...etc.;)

Do the other agencies try to lock the weapon while it is in the holster?

TR