hoot72
01-09-2007, 21:08
Not a good start to the year....

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16549316/site/newsweek/

The Reaper
01-09-2007, 21:32
What a scummy, one-sided report.

And they wonder why we do not like the MSM.:rolleyes:

LTG Boykin is a warrior and a great American.

F the media, and Gates too. Maybe he can pick a squid to replace General Boykin as well.

I did see that GEN Schoomaker is also leaving. IIRC, GEN Brown leaves this summer too, probably for retirement. Changing of the guard, and it does not bode well for SF.

TR

37F5V
01-09-2007, 21:53
Seems to me that the powers that be are willing to listen to the commanders on the ground.... until they don't like what they are hearing.

Books
01-09-2007, 21:55
Garbage. . .

Warrior-Mentor
01-09-2007, 22:12
"...if these Green Berets had been allowed to run the show,
there's little doubt in my mind that the outcome of the war
would have been quite different."
- COL David H. Hackworth
About Face, Page 767

Don't we ever learn?

incommin
01-10-2007, 06:21
It seems the government never learns!

Jim

rubberneck
01-10-2007, 08:31
What a sad day for America. The President, whom I have supported through thick and thin, really blew it on this one. After getting spanked in the mid term elections he made the mistake of listening to his fathers advisors who have always shown a lack of resolve when it comes to tough matters.

There is no indication that new Defense Secretary Robert Gates disagrees with the Somalia operation this week.

Let me get this straight. If this article is to be believed Boykin will lose his job for doing exactly what the President said we would do shortly after 9/11. Why should Somalia be any different? If AQ is working there they should expect that we'll come after them. Besides does Gen Boykin have the authority to launch such an attack without the approval of the SefDec and President? If he doesn't how the hell can you be pissed off at him for doing something wither you or your boss signed off on?

Sionnach
01-10-2007, 09:33
Are we trying to win, or not?

The soldiers, sailors, airmen, and marines are doing everything that has been asked of them, meanwhile, those leaders that achieve success are being thrown under the bus. I need to learn some QP tricks for not being completely irate about things such as this.

Be safe, gents.

GreenSalsa
01-10-2007, 09:59
In a word…pissed

I am tired of wasting our time, money, resources, doctrine and effort for it to be squandered over petty political bickering.

:mad:

ABN_FO
01-10-2007, 11:20
LTG Boykin should be allowed to run with the successes he has directed. I mean hell, at least he has the cajones to take the fight to the enemy. Instead he will "retire" for doing too much good. What a waste of leadership.

Max_Tab
01-10-2007, 12:16
Seems to me Gates is sick of SF doing intel work, and getting rid of SF supporters in high places. I foresee less work for SF in the future, but of course, I also see fewer things getting accomplished.

NousDefionsDoc
01-10-2007, 12:53
Turf battle. He's throwing a bone to the spooks. And he doesn't want DOD competition.

And, the admin is pandering to the libs. They are scare of 08.

If General Boykin should ever wander in here, I'd like him to see my thanks when he searches his name. Thank you Sir.

Trip_Wire (RIP)
01-10-2007, 13:00
In a word…pissed

I am tired of wasting our time, money, resources, doctrine and effort for it to be squandered over petty political bickering.

:mad:

I agree with you 100%.