PDA

View Full Version : MMA Event - 13 Jan 07 - Columbus, GA

H2H
01-09-2007, 15:17
Hello all,

This weekend on the 13th of January, the "Georgia Fighting Championships I - FIrst Blood" is holding it's first MMA event in Columbus, GA.

The event is sponsored by Armyfighter.com. I have 4 fighters from Bragg making the trip down to Georgia to fight, including a great fighter from SWMG (A).

If any of you are near the area and want to check out a great MMA event, please stop by. Make sure to hunt me down and say hello.

Hope to see some of you down there. More information can be found at www.armyfighter.com

Thanks,

Jeff

kachingchingpow
01-10-2007, 12:30
Who's promoting it? Has the fight card been released yet?

H2H
01-10-2007, 16:05
Promotor's are Aaron Cooper, and Iako Kalili, both from the USAMACS (Combatives School) in Columbus, GA.

So far the fight card has not been released, but I know Damien Stelly and Nate Ford are both fighting on the card.

kachingchingpow
01-11-2007, 09:48
Thanks H2H, and God speed while at assessment.

I taught Muay Thai here north of Atlanta for a while, and have trained with a ton of people from the area. The small gym we ran here had a reputation that anyone from any school could train with us, and were welcome. One of my fellow students at another local school promotes a lot of ISCF fights in the SE. He's the owner/founder of "The Fight Party Productions."

I like to keep up with what's going on in the area, just in case one of my old students or partners is on the card.

Not familiar with Nate, but I've seen Damian fight before. Good luck to him and the rest of your team. One of the guys from RTB at Camp Merrill and I used to train quite a bit together, and knew Damian. Good folks.

H2H
01-14-2007, 20:36
Well, we had a great showing at the Georgia Fighting Championships I – First Blood.

This weekend we took our fight team, Combat MMA, along with 1 fighter from Team ROC here at Fort Bragg, down to Columbus, GA for the GFC.

Combat MMA had 5 fighters on the Card with Woody from Team ROC fighting as well. The results are as follows:

1) James Tomko – (WIN) 1st Round TKO (Ref stoppage due to strikes)
2) Joshua Winter – (WIN) 1st Round Submission (Armbar)
3) Richard Gaona – (Loss) KO (Strikes)
4) Carpaccio Owens – (WIN) 1st Round TKO (Ref stoppage due to strikes)
5) Trey Robbins – (WIN) 1st Round TKO (Ref stoppage due to strikes)
6) Woody (Team ROC) – (WIN) 1st Round TKO (Ref stoppage due to strikes)

Overall, as a group, we finished 5-1 with all fights ending in the 1st round.

We had a great time and the guys all fought well.

Gypsy
01-14-2007, 20:39
Congrats to you and your team H2H!

Surgicalcric
01-14-2007, 21:00
...Woody (Team ROC) – (WIN) 1st Round TKO (Ref stoppage due to strikes)...

Well atleast it turned out better than his run in with one of the SFMS students a few months ago... :munchin

Congrats to you and the team

Crip

Kyobanim
01-14-2007, 21:24
Congrats to you and the team!