PDA

View Full Version : Ex-paratrooper lives for golf

Team Sergeant
01-09-2007, 14:56
This hit our online "news" just a few hours ago.
Anyone heard of this guy?

Ex-paratrooper lives for golf

Russ Christ
Special for The Republic
Jan. 9, 2007 12:00 AM

ARCADIA - Chris Morrison loves his life in golf.

In 1978, Morrison, the head golf professional at historic Arizona Country Club, began a 23-year career in the U.S. military.

As a private, he went through basic training in Fort Jackson, S.C., and started his first duty station in Fort Knox, Ky. With stints in places like Berlin, life for Morrison was never boring.

That's an understatement.

A top-flight paratrooper

Morrison's operational experience included many years as an Army paratrooper. He was recruited and served for five years in a special operations force called Delta Force, a secretive counterterrorism, rapid-deployment group fully capable of taking on any number of mission profiles. It was rigorous and stressful work.

Continued....

http://www.azcentral.com/community/scottsdale/articles/0109sr-morrison0109Z8.html

Jack Moroney (RIP)
01-09-2007, 15:02
PM sent.

Five-O
01-09-2007, 17:02
Did not think D boys were allowed to play golf due to "Don't ask don't tell." :)

504PIR
01-10-2007, 03:54
In his picture he is showing off BDU cap with pin on insigna. In every Airborne unit I was in, it was SOP to have sew on rank on your PC. Granted I have not been everywhere or even seen the 'Delta Force' movie with Chuck Norris.

Seems a bit odd to me.

Back to lurk mode.

dave_az
01-10-2007, 08:03
Just a local guy waiting on what everyone thinks.