PDA

View Full Version : National Championship

JMI
01-08-2007, 13:07
I am telling my fellow fans to look out for Florida. They have a lot of talent at the skill positions and not bad upfront on the D-line. If they are in this game in the latter part of the 3rd quarter I would not put them past the upset - they are that talented. Their offense requires the D to play disciplined football since they like reverses and misdirection plays to take advantage of agressive play.

That being said I think our D-line will take this game over in the 2nd half. This Ohio State defense lost thier top 8 tacklers from last years highly ranked defense - all of whom are in the NFL. Yet this years defense is ranked #2 in scoring. Plus, the offense has 16 turnovers this year, and the defense has given up only 10 points off turnovers (all 10 against Michigan.)

That is pretty impressive. But like I said do not count the Gators out of this game.

Ohio State by 9.

GO BUCKEYES!!!!!

mffjm8509
01-08-2007, 21:00
This is getting ugly fast!

mp

gunnerjohn
01-08-2007, 21:03
Florida 34 Ohio State 14 at the half ugly? Damn!

Goggles Pizano
01-08-2007, 23:10
I had a bad feeling about OSU this past week with all the negative press toward Florida. Then I heard Smith state he was unstoppable (WTF Mr. Heisman trophy winner???). After the Gators scored three quick TD's I could see in the OSU defensive players eyes they were done. They were out hit, out played at the skill positions, and out coached. Lesson: Don't believe your own press and prepare, prepare, prepare.

Congratulations Florida-you earned it.

Roycroft201
01-09-2007, 00:00
A game like this can cause a family to become dysfunctional REAL fast ! :rolleyes:

My brother graduated from Florida.

His oldest daughter graduated from Florida.

His youngest child and only son graduated from Ohio State.

Is my nephew talking to ANYONE at this point ? :munchin

AGaillard
01-09-2007, 08:12
The opening kick off return had me wiping my eyes on the sleeve of my Gators sweatshirt. The rest of the game I was all :D .

It is a Gator Nation.:lifter

x SF med
01-09-2007, 08:30
I am telling my fellow fans to look out for Florida. They have a lot of talent at the skill positions and not bad upfront on the D-line. If they are in this game in the latter part of the 3rd quarter I would not put them past the upset - they are that talented. Their offense requires the D to play disciplined football since they like reverses and misdirection plays to take advantage of agressive play.

That being said I think our D-line will take this game over in the 2nd half. This Ohio State defense lost thier top 8 tacklers from last years highly ranked defense - all of whom are in the NFL. Yet this years defense is ranked #2 in scoring. Plus, the offense has 16 turnovers this year, and the defense has given up only 10 points off turnovers (all 10 against Michigan.)

That is pretty impressive. But like I said do not count the Gators out of this game.

Ohio State by 9.

GO BUCKEYES!!!!!

Ummmm, uhhhh, KARNAK you ain't.... your crystal ball is in need of a tune up.

Five-O
01-09-2007, 08:32
Is it too late to put the house on Florida? :rolleyes:

Roguish Lawyer
01-09-2007, 08:45
Ummmm, uhhhh, KARNAK you ain't.... your crystal ball is in need of a tune up.

LOL, now the question is whether THE Ohio State University will be ranked #2 at season's end . . .

Sdiver
01-09-2007, 11:06
LOL, now the question is whether THE Ohio State University will be ranked #2 at season's end . . .

Why......Florida should be #2 behind Idaho State, who went UNDEFEATED and played one heck of a bowl game. F**k the BCS and their rankings, just because a school is big and pads the pockets of the board of directors of the BCS.

The Broncos had and UNDEFEATED season and should be #1 !!!!

AMP
01-09-2007, 11:11
Dam, talk about team speed. And the offensive schemes Meyer was using were brilliant.

JMI
01-09-2007, 12:39
I think they were outcoached. Then the Florida defense took over. 84 yards of offense? Smith threw the ball 14 times, and was sacked more times(5) then he had completions (4). Losing Ginn to the first play of the game didn't help, bt Ohio State did not have an answer for the Dline. And Urban had offensive schemes that called for a lot of over the middle passes that we did not have an answer for.

Florida shoved Ohio State around the entire game. That sucked to watch to be honest.

Maybe now Smith will slide down to the 2nd round of the draft and Cleveland can pick him there.

Goggles Pizano
01-10-2007, 01:33
I'm betting Smith will be one of the first Heismann winners to go in the third round. He did not show me much last night. NO ability to think on the fly. NO ability to react. NO ability to read and adjust to blitzes. He might be the next Gino Toretta. Urban Myer had his kids ready to go and good on him for that. Enjoy your accolades Herr Meyer.

Roguish Lawyer
01-10-2007, 07:08
I'm betting Smith will be one of the first Heismann winners to go in the third round. He did not show me much last night. NO ability to think on the fly. NO ability to react. NO ability to read and adjust to blitzes. He might be the next Gino Toretta. Urban Myer had his kids ready to go and good on him for that. Enjoy your accolades Herr Meyer.

He looks like another Andre Ware to me . . .

kachingchingpow
01-11-2007, 09:09
Kinda answers the enduring question around here about SEC v Big 12. I think it was both Leak and Harvin that were reported as saying that they can think of 3 SEC teams "off-hand" that could've played at their level against Ohio.

lksteve
01-11-2007, 19:59
Why......Florida should be #2 behind Idaho State, who went UNDEFEATED and played one heck of a bowl game. hoss, Idaho State didn't make it to a bowl game...Boise State, on the other hand...:p

Sdiver
01-12-2007, 02:27
hoss, Idaho State didn't make it to a bowl game...Boise State, on the other hand...:p

Thank you sir, for the correction. Shows you just how much I dislike the BCS. I can't think straight when discussing that "organization". :rolleyes:

Boise State....should be #1

AMP
01-12-2007, 13:59
I feel your pain JMI. I am a ND fan and watching that ND/LSU game just about did me in. That was ugly.

JMI
01-15-2007, 21:54
I feel your pain JMI. I am a ND fan and watching that ND/LSU game just about did me in. That was ugly.
ND does not belong in the BCS. They didn't for awhile now. They need players and they just do not have them. No way they matched up to LSU. Honestly I do not think they could have kept up with Rutgers or Louisville, that is how much I think they lack in talent. Give Weis a couple years (if he stays like he says he will) and they compete with the top programs. They are through living on the past.

Their problem is they have had better negotiating skills than coaching and recruiting skills and hopefully that era is over. They were assured a BCS if they were in the top 8 in the BCS, and if they fell below that they still had a shot. No wonder they're 0-9 the last 9 bowl games. They need to play their way back into contention. These crappy assbeatings against teams that are better than them just for an $11 milllion paycheck is getting old.

Get it done or miss out on the paycheck. Problem is we're a great draw for TV and the tickets. "Hey everyone who wants to see us get our assess handed to us by LSU?" It is like an unlimited sellout, and to be honest I am sick of the "sellout," in every sense of the word.

Goggles Pizano
01-16-2007, 06:47
JMI,

I've had this argument with ND fans for years. Their favorite defense of losing is the "tough" schedule they play. When that is debunked they immediately revert to the recruiting issue since it is so difficult for the players to maintain a 3.0 average ND requires to the 2.5 that the rest of the NCAA requires therefore it is more difficult to recruit quality athletes. That is so much bunk! ND used to be considered a football factory. Did athletes become less intelligent over the last 20 years, or have ND's recruiters relied upon name recognition for too long to draw kids? Notre Dame loses consistently because they prepare for the beginning of the season, then coast until USC (usually a loss since USC plays in the PAC-10 a very tough conference as is the Big-10 and SEC et al). Yeah you have Michigan, Penn State, MSU, and UCLA but then it's....Navy? Air Force? Stanford? North Carolina? ARMY???? Everyone plays tune up games early it's how you finish, and until you play at least 8 tough games toward the end of the season you will lose in a bowl regardless of the coach. Just my two pfennigs.

Side note-your schedule appears to toughen next season (and they moved SC up to October), but you no longer have St. Brady. Enjoy! :p

Go Lions!

JMI
01-16-2007, 09:08
Did athletes become less intelligent over the last 20 years, or have ND's recruiters relied upon name recognition for too long to draw kids? Everyone plays tune up games early it's how you finish, and until you play at least 8 tough games toward the end of the season you will lose in a bowl regardless of the coach. Just my two pfennigs.

Athletes becoming less intelligent over the years is up for debate. No question that it can be tougher to go after kids because of the academic standards. But I have never used that argument. I think if you read my post you will see that I agree with you - ND has done a better job of selling the name than they have been at recruiting and coaching.

ND consistently has one of the tougher schedules in the nation. But so do the other top teams. We need players, plain and simple. I am not sure it matters where you play the tough teams, in the beginning or towards the end. And who plays "8 tough games" towards the end of the season? Not Penn State.

Side note-your schedule appears to toughen next season (and they moved SC up to October), but you no longer have St. Brady. Enjoy! :p

Coach Weis did a great job preparing Brady Quinn, and with Clausen coming in next season I am sure he will have him prepared as well. Every team loses players to the NFL. The key is replacing the talent. Our problem has been lack of overall talent. Like I said go get players that can compete in a BCS game and don't just rely on placing 8th in the poll.

Goggles Pizano
01-16-2007, 10:38
ND consistently has one of the tougher schedules in the nation. But so do the other top teams. We need players, plain and simple. I am not sure it matters where you play the tough teams, in the beginning or towards the end. And who plays "8 tough games" towards the end of the season? Not Penn State.

So THE Ohio State University, Michigan, MSU, and Wisconsin are not tough enough for you out of the last eight? ;) We have creampuff games too but JEEZ stop with the "toughest schedule in the nation" thing already! :D

JMI
01-16-2007, 15:45
So THE Ohio State University, Michigan, MSU, and Wisconsin are not tough enough for you out of the last eight? ;) We have creampuff games too but JEEZ stop with the "toughest schedule in the nation" thing already! :D
I was trying to clarify what you meant. That is 4 games, and I thought you said:

at least 8 tough games toward the end of the season you will lose in a bowl regardless of the coach
Now I know ND plays a tough schedule every year, but 8 "tough games" is asking a lot. No? :p :D

Some teams play their tough schedule later in the season after they have dined on their creampuffs. ND opens the season against Michigan and MSU. That can be just as tough, especially now that USC has come back from the dead to give us a game at the end of the schedule.

The fact still remains that they need to recruit better players - preferably some with speed at the skill positions and size on the O Line.

Goggles Pizano
01-17-2007, 08:13
That can be just as tough, especially now that USC has come back from the dead to give us a game at the end of the schedule.

:eek:

JMI your friendly neighborhood SC fanatic will be along shortly to address this egregious violation of college football (at least in his eyes ;) ) decorum. Say two Hail Mary's and two Our Fathers and beg for leniency. :munchin

Oh and GO LIONS!