PDA

View Full Version : Losing an SFAS slot

DaddyWilk
01-06-2007, 13:10
Two company grades that I am friends with recently received GOMORs. Friend-A had been selected for ACS, Friend-B for SFAS. Friend-A received notification from HRC that his ACS has been pulled because the GOMOR. As a result, Friend-B is sweating bullets. Does anyone know if Friend-B will be similarly handled? If so, will an appeal be entertained?

The Reaper
01-06-2007, 16:33
Two company grades that I am friends with recently received GOMORs. Friend-A had been selected for ACS, Friend-B for SFAS. Friend-A received notification from HRC that his ACS has been pulled because the GOMOR. As a result, Friend-B is sweating bullets. Does anyone know if Friend-B will be similarly handled? If so, will an appeal be entertained?

With the quantity and quality of candidates coming to the 18A program, I seriously doubt that any oficers with a GOMOR or UCMJ are going to be invited to attend SFAS.

That is going to take some strong justification, like a letter from the GO who signed the GOMOR explaining the action and why the officer should be allowed to come to SFAS.

Let me guess. General Order Number One violations?

TR

Snaquebite
01-06-2007, 20:20
99% sure he's a done deal....

DaddyWilk
01-07-2007, 09:05
Neither was a General Order #1 violation. If it were, I wouldn't even bother posting. A dangerous, unforseeable, no-win situation arose. Friend-B did the very best he could despite. But sometimes higher has more to consider and often enough a good Officer is going to roast as a result.

The good news is that it sounds like an appeal would at least be entertrained. It's important to give a man a chance to fight for his name, which is all any of us have at the end of the day. Friend-A never got that chance. Thanks for the replies.