BMT (RIP)
01-02-2007, 18:12
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2007/1/2/164146.shtml?s=ic :mad:

:munchin

BMT

bandycpa
01-02-2007, 18:41
Uh, no....

In a stunning example of pollspeak, the same Zogby poll (as referenced in the article) that states that 75% of the 545 troops interviewed were comfortable around gays & lesbians also showed that 74% were either opposed to gays in the military or unsure or neutral (37% opposed plus 37% unsure or neutral).

So, it kind of says to me that the soldiers polled were comfortable around gays and lesbians, as long as they're not in the military. Contrast this with the following quote.

"These conversations showed me just how much the military has changed, and that gays and lesbians can be accepted by their peers," Shalikashvili wrote in an opinion piece in Tuesday's New York Times

To quote an adage from my industry, "Figures don't lie, but liars figure".

Bandy

Warrior-Mentor
01-02-2007, 19:34
One could easily rack this up as another secular-progressive step in the Culture War currently under way.

About 75% through Bill O'Reilly's CULTURE WARRIOR.
It's worth picking up a copy.

CDRODA396
01-02-2007, 19:49
"These conversations showed me just how much the military has changed, and that gays and lesbians can be accepted by their peers," Shalikashvili wrote in an opinion piece in Tuesday's New York Times.

Its easy to sit back and talk about your "peers," when they're not your peers anymore, and you dont have to serve with anyone of any type anymore.

The Reaper
01-02-2007, 19:49
The day I have to share a shower and a latrine with another guy who is checking me out with lust in his eyes, I am going to demand access to the female showers as a lesbian trapped in a man's body.

Shali has lost his grip on reality. I could get answers like that too, if I asked 500 GIs whether they minded serving with lesbians or bi-females. The answer changes if you ask if they would want to share a shower, an OP/LP, or a transfusion with a flaming butt-pirate.

Liberal BS.

TR

BMT (RIP)
01-02-2007, 19:54
In '62 we had 16 of those jokers in a 46 man AIT-Inf Plt. Worst plt in the Co. until they were ID'd.

BMT

Jack Moroney (RIP)
01-02-2007, 20:27
Anyone know what his position (no pun intended) was on this when he was on active duty? Isn't it amazing how all these GOs come out of the woodwork with solutions to every challenge facing the military today when they did not have the balls (again no pun intended) to do anything about it when they should have.

LibraryLady
01-02-2007, 21:42
The day I have to share a shower and a latrine with another guy who is checking me out with lust in his eyes, I am going to demand access to the female showers as a lesbian trapped in a man's body.

Shali has lost his grip on reality. I could get answers like that too, if I asked 500 GIs whether they minded serving with lesbians or bi-females. The answer changes if you ask if they would want to share a shower, an OP/LP, or a transfusion with a flaming butt-pirate.

Liberal BS.

TR

I didn't terribly appreciate sharing the showers with lesbians/bi's...

;)

LL

sg1987
01-02-2007, 22:19
The answer changes if you ask if they would want to share a shower, an OP/LP, or a transfusion with a flaming butt-pirate.

Liberal BS.

TR

Lol.....Reaper for POTUS!!!!:D

Warrior-Mentor
01-03-2007, 05:23
... I am going to demand access to the female showers as a lesbian trapped in a man's body.

This is what'll get him elected! :lifter

The Reaper
01-03-2007, 07:16
I didn't terribly appreciate sharing the showers with lesbians/bi's...

;)

LL

Something like 90% of the military is male and 100% of SF, hence my generalization.

Just basing it on the guys I know, and their twisted perspective.

We can be very tolerant under the right conditions, and less so with others. :D

TR

Guy
01-03-2007, 07:37
Its easy to sit back and talk about your "peers," when they're not your peers anymore, and you dont have to serve with anyone of any type anymore.

Liberal BS.

Anyone know what his position (no pun intended) was on this when he was on active duty? Isn't it amazing how all these GOs come out of the woodwork with solutions to every challenge facing the military today when they did not have the balls (again no pun intended) to do anything about it when they should have.

Stay safe.

Joe-Boo
01-03-2007, 07:58
I have to question why they want to be in the military anyway. I always thought it was funny that GEN Kennedy and the the NOW ilk wanted to allow women in "Combat Roles", yet there was hardly any women who even wanted to do the jobs...let alone those that could.

If these dudes seek solace in the arms of another man...then what kind of position does that put Sergeants and Commanders in? What about "lover's" tifts? Fraterization?? How about your boss being a Gazer? You think women in support roles and on ships was an issue...this would bring whole new challenges to military leadership that are not even combat related...this sounds like the '90s to me.

incommin
01-03-2007, 09:13
It is when crap like this pops up that feel grateful to have retired long ago!

Jim

x SF med
01-03-2007, 10:29
TR covered it fully.
I am going to demand access to the female showers as a lesbian trapped in a man's body. is classic, and should be part of the 18 series MOS.

LibraryLady
01-03-2007, 13:59
Something like 90% of the military is male and 100% of SF, hence my generalization.

Just basing it on the guys I know, and their twisted perspective.

We can be very tolerant under the right conditions, and less so with others. :D

TR

It's all good. Twist away!

I am going to demand access to the female showers as a lesbian trapped in a man's body.

Can I trade ya showers? :cool:

LL

rubberneck
01-03-2007, 15:24
Can I trade ya showers?

:munchin

Monsoon65
01-03-2007, 15:44

I tried using this angle on a deployment in 2001 when women were the only one with hot water showers. It didn't fly, but doesn't mean I won't keep trying!

Joe-Boo is right. Sections that have male and female troops have enough problems at times when the hormones start raging. Add gay troops and it can get ugly. I don't care what happens, I'm taking the assault charge if I catch some meat-gazer trying to get a glimpse of my gear in the latrine.

longrange1947
01-03-2007, 16:08
There are some comments here that are almost too good to pass up. :munchin

CPTAUSRET
01-03-2007, 16:26
There are some comments here that are almost too good to pass up. :munchin

"Hold Hard guys"

Couldn't resist!

stakk4
01-03-2007, 18:01
"Hold Hard guys"

Couldn't resist!

Dangit Sir, now I wasted the last of the eggnog and rum....right through the nose.

longrange1947
01-03-2007, 21:01
Dangit Sir, now I wasted the last of the eggnog and rum....right through the nose.

And a perfectly good glass of El Bastardo wine. :D

And here I was trying to act like I had some class, hard to do when you are shooting wine out the nose and down the moustache!

The Reaper
01-03-2007, 21:36
"Hold Hard guys"

Couldn't resist!

Thus the results of marginal grammar.:D

"Hold hard, guys." is not the same as "Hold hard guys."

I understand your challenge though, LR.

TR

longrange1947
01-03-2007, 21:41
Oh crap, and now the secret is out. :munchin

Edited to add a :D

CPTAUSRET
01-03-2007, 21:53
And a perfectly good glass of El Bastardo wine. :D

And here I was trying to act like I had some class, hard to do when you are shooting wine out the nose and down the moustache!

I'll buy you a glass of wine one of these days!:)

CPTAUSRET
01-03-2007, 21:54

Sorry about the eggnog!

CSB
01-03-2007, 22:27

Reminds me of the old golfers joke:

1st Golfer: "If there is reincarnation, I'm coming back as a lesbian!"
2nd Golfer: "Why?"
1st Golfer: "So I can still eat p---y, and tee off from the red tees."

mconrad
01-05-2007, 20:02
I live in 60 man per room barracks right now, and it's bad enough with straight guys. :rolleyes:

Warrior-Mentor
01-05-2007, 20:14
I live in 60 man per room barracks right now, and it's bad enough with straight guys. :rolleyes:

I'm just glad you didn't say it's "hard enough"... :p

longrange1947
01-05-2007, 21:08

Any bets on whether he edited it before he punched the "Submit Reply" button? :munchin

82ndtrooper
01-06-2007, 01:46

Liberal BS.

TR

I just spit up beer on my keyboard !! :D

mconrad
01-06-2007, 16:39
Too funny. I could've said the most popular diss among the soldiers and said it was "gay enough."