PDA

View Full Version : Spec Ops Chopper STOLEN

Warrior-Mentor
12-10-2006, 20:59
Custom built Special Operations Chopper stolen before being auctioned to raise funds for the Special Operations Warrior Foundation.

http://www.mar-vel.com/jsc_news.cfm

Pass the word.

Huey14
12-10-2006, 21:02
That's one nice bike. I hope they get it back and castrate the thieves.

It'd seem to be pretty hard to fence, though.

I'll also admit I thought someone had nicked a Pavehawk at first glance at the title LOL.

Team Sergeant
12-11-2006, 08:06
MAR-VEL WARFIGHTER CHOPPER STOLEN
Press Release
For Immediate Release
November 6, 2006
Subject: “WARFIGHTER” Custom motorcycle to be raffled to raise money for kids of fallen war heroes has been stolen!

MAR-VEL International Inc. is a 60 year old business located in South Jersey. MAR-VEL has been providing the military with equipment since 1946. MAR-VEL holds a Prime Vendor Contract with the Department of Defense for Special Operations Equipment, serving the elite fighting forces of our military.

A few years ago, a dear friend and South Jersey native, Navy SEAL David Tapper lost his life in Afghanistan. Tom Maddox, President of MAR-VEL had taught David how to SCUBA dive when he was just a teenager. His love of diving caused David to seek out becoming a Navy SEAL.

As a tribute to David and to all Special Operations Warriors, Maddox commissioned a custom motorcycle to be built by premier bike designer and builder Tim Edmondson of Dallas Texas. The bike was to be put on a show circuit with MAR-VEL to raise public awareness of our commitment from our men and women in the military. MAR-VEL was donating the bike for a raffle with 100% of the proceeds being donated to the Special Operations Warrior Foundation, an organization that provides educational opportunities to the children of fallen war heroes. http://www.specialops.org “Warfighter” has a fantastic paint job depicting our Special Forces in action. The bike was sponsored by a number of companies that supply MAR-VEL. MAR-VEL was hoping to raise over $500K for this fantastic organization.

The bike was en route to a number of shows with Fort Bragg, NC being the last stop at a Special Operations show. Last night the bike and trailer were stolen in Florence, South Carolina. Thieves stole the entire trailer with the bike in it, from the hotel parking lot while the MAR-VEL employees who volunteered to drive the bike to the shows stopped for the night.

Information concerning this theft should be directed to the Florence Sheriff’s department at 843-665-2121. A reward is being offered for information leading to the arrest of the individuals involved.

Won’t you please help us? We just want to get the bike back to raise money for the kids, who have lost a parent while protecting America. This bike was a project of American Pride and Love from everyone associated with MAR-VEL, Tim Edmondson Custom Built Motorcycles and all of our sponsors.

Pictures and interviews available and requested.

Tom Maddox

http://www.mar-vel.com/jsc_news.cfm

I posted this in its entirety as its not advertising.
Team Sergeant