PDA

View Full Version : Question about 18X contract

mhesi
12-10-2006, 16:10
I want to get an 18X contract and give SFAS my best shot. But I would like to get experience and a college degree first. Right now, I lack the experience and maturity for SF. Anyways, is it possible to join the gaurd or reserves (so I can get a degree and military experience) and when I reenlist as active duty can I get an 18X contract? I was wondering if you could start an 18X at airborne school, because I will have already been through infantry OSUT. I know it would be hard to get a contract after enlisting, because I would have to go through PLDC and all that. Is that possible? Thanks in advance.

itsanarmything
12-10-2006, 16:46
I'll save you a tongue lashing... the first thing you need to do is go to the introductions section at the top of the forums page and introduce yourself. Then fill a profile out.

As for your question -I hope Im not stepping on anyone's toes by answering this, but I came in from the National Guard onto Active Duty.

You will not be able to get an 18X contract, that's for initial entry only, so what will happen is you'll have to join the guard, go to school, and after you're ready, talk to your unit about filling out the form 368 which will get you into Active Duty. You'll attend airborne school, PLDC and BNCOC after SFAS. So don't worry to much about that, and just focus on your 25 meter target.

After you get a little time with a rucksack on your back, and a little experiance in your choosen MOS, go talk to your local SF recruiter, and he will set you up.

The Reaper
12-10-2006, 18:00
No profile, no intro, no SA, failure to read or follow instructions.

Thread closed.

Leave the spot corrections to the QPs and staff, itsanarmything.

TR