PDA

View Full Version : Menton Day Ball

Trip_Wire (RIP)
12-09-2006, 21:40
I just attened Menton Day in Tacoma, WA at the Tacoma Visitors center. The host was the 1st SFG(A) at Ft. Lewis, WA.

The Special Forces General from Ft. Bragg, who was the guest speaker MG Thomas R. Csrnko, said that the FSSF Association had agreed to continue with reunions and the next one would be in Toronto Canada in 2007.

He vowed that the Special Forces Regiment would be there and would continue to support the FSSF Assn.

There were maybe eight Forcemen in attendance at Menton Day. One of them played 'Lily Marlene' on his harmonica, as well as the Army song. He was good!

There were over 1,000 People in attendance from the 1st SFG(A), Canadian Princess Pat Regiment, the New Canadian SF Regiment, SF Retiress and SF Assn, and friends of the Special Forces Regiment.

The Drum Line from the Princess Pat Regiment put on their usual black light
show! It was great as usual!

Earlier in the week other activties were conducted to include a combined airborne operation. Lot's of new Canadian wings and american wings on the dress uniforms.

My wife Diane & I had a great time! :lifter

gtcrispy
12-09-2006, 22:55
I was also there last night. It was a nice event though hard to hear at times being seated in the far back of the room.

I had the chance to earn my Canadian Jump wings on Friday after they scraped Wednesday's attempt due to the fog. Unfortunatly they only gave out metal wings to the E1-E4's and a few E5's. Everyone else was given cloth wings like the Canadians wear and of course no where around post had the correct ones in stock so I was unable to add them to my uniform.

It was my first time jumping out of a CH-47 and also my first time jumping a T-10 like parachute since Airborne school. The Canadians said it descended bit quicker then our own T-10 at around 22ft/sec. I attempted to pull some slips in the air but I don't think I was too successful. Luckily I missed landing on part of the tarmac by about 2ft. One team guy broke his ankle out there as well.

Trip_Wire (RIP)
12-09-2006, 23:43
I was also there last night. It was a nice event though hard to hear at times being seated in the far back of the room.

I had the chance to earn my Canadian Jump wings on Friday after they scraped Wednesday's attempt due to the fog. Unfortunatly they only gave out metal wings to the E1-E4's and a few E5's. Everyone else was given cloth wings like the Canadians wear and of course no where around post had the correct ones in stock so I was unable to add them to my uniform.

It was my first time jumping out of a CH-47 and also my first time jumping a T-10 like parachute since Airborne school. The Canadians said it descended bit quicker then our own T-10 at around 22ft/sec. I attempted to pull some slips in the air but I don't think I was too successful. Luckily I missed landing on part of the tarmac by about 2ft. One team guy broke his ankle out there as well.

I'll have to agree with you on the 'hard to hear' business. I had a couple of real noisy tables nearby. I think they were from the support company.

Wait until you try to find a miniture set of Canadian wings. I had to go to Canada to find a set to wear on my Mess Dress. (Yeah, I know according to regs foreign wings are a no-no on mess dress.) Ever since I saw the 1st Grp. CMDR wearing a set on his mess dress, I decided I would too. (Besides who cares what retirees do. ;)

A lot of people get the wrong metal ones too. Americans should wear the ones with the red maple leaf, not the white maple leaf.

Do you belong to SFA Chapter 16?

mffjm8509
12-10-2006, 00:01
It was my first time jumping out of a CH-47 and also my first time jumping a T-10

Thats a case of beer! :lifter