PDA

View Full Version : Non-qualified soldier uniform regulation...

AlwaysReady
12-06-2006, 23:24
I have a couple of questions that I cant seem to get a solid answer on concerning what SF emblems I am authorized to wear on my "Class A" uniform.

First, I would like to know if I am authorized to wear the SF crest with the black beret?

The other question I have is on the collar of the jacket am I to wear the crossed arrows emblem?

I ask here because I am assigned to the 19th, but since I'm not MOSQ'ed I'm actually in a RSP program for drills until I complete assessment, and no one there can tell me either way, I haven't been able to find the answer on the Internet or this forum, and I have 2 formal dress events within a week....... I hate asking such FNG questions, but I don't want to show to the events and look like a soup sandwich knowing there will be former and current QPs attending at least one of them. I thank you in advance for any help you can present and taking your time to read through my inquiries.

18C4V
12-07-2006, 01:19
You need to talk to your NCOIC of the REC. It's hard for me to believe that the 5/19th REC NCOIC would be lacking in squaring you away with AR 670-1.

1) You wear the Maroon Beret with the 19th Flash with the SF Crest.

2) You wear your MOS branch insiginia. If you have not been awarded an MOS but have completed basic you wear the "US" on both sides.

3) If this is an formal event after hours and you're not assigned specific duties (ie color guard), you don't wear head gear. You will wear black bow tie and white shirt with low quarters along with the rest of your Class A's.

Kyobanim
12-07-2006, 04:27
I have a couple of questions that I cant seem to get a solid answer on concerning what SF emblems I am authorized to wear on my "Class A" uniform.

First, I would like to know if I am authorized to wear the SF crest with the black beret?

The other question I have is on the collar of the jacket am I to wear the crossed arrows emblem?

I ask here because I am assigned to the 19th, but since I'm not MOSQ'ed I'm actually in a RSP program for drills until I complete assessment, and no one there can tell me either way, I haven't been able to find the answer on the Internet or this forum, and I have 2 formal dress events within a week....... I hate asking such FNG questions, but I don't want to show to the events and look like a soup sandwich knowing there will be former and current QPs attending at least one of them. I thank you in advance for any help you can present and taking your time to read through my inquiries.

Now, go fill out your profile and read the stickies and introduce yourself properly in the Introductions thread.

You're lucky 18C4V has the holiday spirit.

AlwaysReady
12-07-2006, 23:54
Thank you gentlemen, the question about the collar emblem had perplexed me for a long time, but now I must ask, so I should wear the maroon beret even though I'm not Airborne qualified? I appologize 18C4V, but I actually have had no contact with my unit since I enlisted, I'm drilling with a recruit sustainment program until I become MOS qualified, I will look into AR 670-1.

Kyobanim, I have my profile filled out and up to date, my introduction is on page 110 of the into. thread, and I have read through all stickies that I have come across. I do appreciate the criticism though, it keeps me squared away.

Again, thank you Gentlemen,

AlwaysReady

Mav
12-08-2006, 07:46
The Maroon beret does not mean you're Airborne qualified, it means you're in an Airborne unit. The wings identify you as being Airborne qualified.

NousDefionsDoc
12-10-2006, 17:23
The Maroon beret does not mean you're Airborne qualified, it means you're in an Airborne unit. The wings identify you as being Airborne qualified.
More's the pity.

Mav
12-10-2006, 19:21
More's the pity.

Much agreed. However, to their credit, most of the legs in my unit agreed, as well.