PDA

View Full Version : Ballistic Question

JHB
11-21-2006, 14:13
Has anyone during testing of firearms and ammo ever heard of a FA or the discharge of the round leaving a burn mark from a distance of 6-8 feet? Apparently this mark was left by a hand gun. The mark was found on the fender of a car as it was traveling down the road. I have never heard of it from this distance, and also to mention there was no dents and/or penetration from a "Mystery Bullet". Just a mark!

Just asking for another view, I am tired of thinking outside of the box.

Team Sergeant
11-21-2006, 16:15
Has anyone during testing of firearms and ammo ever heard of a FA or the discharge of the round leaving a burn mark from a distance of 6-8 feet? Apparently this mark was left by a hand gun. The mark was found on the fender of a car as it was traveling down the road. I have never heard of it from this distance, and also to mention there was no dents and/or penetration from a "Mystery Bullet". Just a mark!

That does sound strange......very strange.

Ambush Master
11-21-2006, 17:03
Possibly a Flare or Bird-Bomb?!?!

The Reaper
11-21-2006, 21:09

Unless it was a wadded blank or a Sims round, it sounds like someone is trying to get over on the insurance company.

TR