View Full Version : Shot Show 2007

Team Sergeant
11-20-2006, 11:11
I will be in attendance.

Orlando Convention Center
11-14 Jan.

Kyobanim
11-20-2006, 11:58
I will be available for assisting in transportation, setup and tear down if needed.

Simple Simon
11-20-2006, 13:00
Love to go but I will be at SFAS.

The Reaper
11-20-2006, 13:17
Roger.

TR

BrianH
11-20-2006, 14:34
I'll be there.

Team Sergeant
11-20-2006, 14:45
When we arrive I'll find out what room Mr. Harsey is staying in and we can all meet there.;)

(Hell you'll probably see what room Harsey is staying in written on every bathroom wall I can find in Orlando.......payback:lifter ......)

TS

NousDefionsDoc
11-20-2006, 20:15
Y'all suck...:p

Ambush Master
11-20-2006, 20:27

We may all suck, but we'll all be sucking LARGE!!!!!:D :D :munchin

x SF med
11-20-2006, 20:32
Damn, AM, that was cold - BTW, are there any rooms left, I might just have to make a trip to Orlando to catch you guys.

TS- shoot me the details via PM.

NDD - Psych! Brother Medic.

gunnerjohn
11-20-2006, 21:06
I'll be there. PM me if you need my cell since I might be easier to get a hold of than Harsey. I also have hotel information if TS or Harsey doesn't respond. Our hotel is booking up fast. NDD sorry about your luck. :D

BrianH
11-20-2006, 21:27
Hotel room? Man, I was just planning on bringing a poncho liner and a few singles to stuff in Mr. Harsey's garter.

Surgicalcric
11-20-2006, 21:53

I second that. I will be on SOC-T rotation then..

Dammit

Crip

x SF med
11-20-2006, 22:13
I second that. I will be on SOC-T rotation then..

Dammit

Crip

Your job is to study medical knowledge young jedi - you must increas your medi-fu before you can have fun with the old guys. Plus it's only guns and knives and tactical gear - you don't like that stuff anyway.

Now go way, or I shall taunt you a second time - you silly English k-nig-it!!!!

gunnerjohn
11-20-2006, 22:19
x_sf_med... you forgot about the manufacturers models and freebies.

x SF med
11-20-2006, 22:24
At least I didn't ask Crip if he was on his 3rd enlistment trying to get out of the Q, tis time at least. I forgot about the feebies and 'boat show specials', almost forgot about them anyway, plus all those really neat metalworkers, knifemakers, gunsmiths, and QPs that are likely to show up.... oh yeah, and the beer, fun, and bikini clad women. Have we forgotten anything this time?

gunnerjohn
11-20-2006, 22:26
Once again..... Sorry to rub it in NDD and Crip:D

Team Sergeant
11-21-2006, 08:35
I'll be there. PM me if you need my cell since I might be easier to get a hold of than Harsey. I also have hotel information if TS or Harsey doesn't respond. Our hotel is booking up fast. NDD sorry about your luck. :D

I've secured a room at your hotel. I've sent x_sf_med the info.(In the comments section I asked for a room far from Mr Harsey's.)

NDD if you do by chance hop a plane you'll have a free place to stay.

x SF med
11-21-2006, 09:56
TS-
pm out - expecting RON loc prior to infil, sorry NDD, stole your bunk.

Bill Harsey-
Is it true that a Cat D-9 actually cringes when you snore?

CPTAUSRET
11-21-2006, 15:15
Just called my wife's secretary to see if we are going to be out of the country during that timeframe, she's checking...

So, how do I get in?

x SF med
11-21-2006, 15:30
Just called my wife's secretary to see if we are going to be out of the country during that timeframe, she's checking...

So, how do I get in?

T-
I got contacts, how much are you willing to pay?:D Louie, Fingers and Vito are gonna want their cut, and the FL 'tourist tax', undercoating, extended warranty, processing fees, and profit margin.... total is, oh, $29,999.99 before the 7% sales tax. At least that's what I was quoted by the guys here, think it's too much? Oh yeah, TS told me there is a 2 drink minimum too.

x SF med
11-21-2006, 15:31
I've secured a room at your hotel. I've sent x_sf_med the info.(In the comments section I asked for a room far from Mr Harsey's.)

NDD if you do by chance hop a plane you'll have a free place to stay.

Time to practice snoring, so TS doesn't miss Mr. H too badly.....

CPTAUSRET
11-21-2006, 15:33
T-
I got contacts, how much are you willing to pay?:D Louie, Fingers and Vito are gonna want their cut, and the FL 'tourist tax', undercoating, extended warranty, processing fees, and profit margin.... total is, oh, $29,999.99 before the 7% sales tax. At least that's what I was quoted by the guys here, think it's too much? Oh yeah, TS told me there is a 2 drink minimum too.

Well, I can cover the two drink minimum...

gunnerjohn
11-21-2006, 21:11
TS-

Bill Harsey-

I have been warned about that snoring, but he gets the outer room and I am packing the ear plugs and duct tape. :D

HOLLiS
11-22-2006, 21:11
Florida will never be the same :D

Team Sergeant
11-23-2006, 07:12
I have been warned about that snoring, but he gets the outer room and I am packing the ear plugs and duct tape. :D

I've heard he snores so loud that anytime he leaves the state of Oregon he must first file an environmental impact study before he arrives at his destination.......:D

Bill Harsey
11-23-2006, 15:57
TS-
pm out - expecting RON loc prior to infil, sorry NDD, stole your bunk.

Bill Harsey-
Yes.

Really feelin' the love around here but will be sucking large right along with GunnerJohn, AM, the Team Sergeant and company.

Bill Harsey
11-23-2006, 18:36
I've heard he snores so loud that anytime he leaves the state of Oregon he must first file an environmental impact study before he arrives at his destination.......:D

:D , Gunnerjohn, Team Sergeant gets the award for this one. When he gets to SHOT we'll pick out one of these for his cell phone: http://msf.m-qube.com/larrythecableguy/

check 'em out by turning up your speakers and clicking "preview".

gunnerjohn
11-23-2006, 20:24
If you think we can get his cell phone away from him, I'm game. Figure out a way to distract him and we will work on it. Maybe get him in a snoring competition. :D

x SF med
11-23-2006, 22:06
Yes.

Really feelin' the love around here but will be sucking large right along with GunnerJohn, AM, the Team Sergeant and company.

Make sure to bring your knife signing stuff, i'm gonna get the Harsey GB if CR is there and has one for sale. I would be honored to have THE Bladesmith personalize it since I'm not getting the Yarborough.

We'll make up for picking on you by feeding you a couple of barley pops.

Air.177
11-24-2006, 00:42
Not sure if I'm going or not this year. Hopefully everyone will stay alive this go round and I will be able to work the company booth at the show. It's not as cool as just running Amok like AM and TS do, but the pay is considerably better.

Good times,
Blake

CPTAUSRET
11-24-2006, 13:54
OK, we will be in country. I got permission, I have a means of ingress, I just called Amerisuites, and there is "No room at the Inn"!

Suggestions??

Monsoon65
11-24-2006, 15:01
OK, we will be in country. I got permission, I have a means of ingress, I just called Amerisuites, and there is "No room at the Inn"!

Suggestions??

Poncho tent??? Nothing like being one with nature!!

x SF med
11-24-2006, 16:11
T-
Cab fare will be a real bite on the wallet - but you can always sleep in the plane at the airport, right? Assuming, of course you're flying yourself in....

Kyobanim
11-24-2006, 16:57

Suggestions??

How far are you willing to drive from the hotel?

CPTAUSRET
11-24-2006, 17:44
How far are you willing to drive from the hotel?

I don't think the driving distance is as meaningful as the amount of alcohol I will have imbibed!

In this situation (I know Bill will hogtie me, and force me to drink), I don't think I want to be driving!

CPTAUSRET
11-26-2006, 11:29
Anyone staying at the Amerisuites hotel, who is willing to share a room?

If I go I'll be arriving on Wednesday, and departing on Sunday.

Ambush Master
11-27-2006, 21:51
Anyone staying at the Amerisuites hotel, who is willing to share a room?

If I go I'll be arriving on Wednesday, and departing on Sunday.

Per our commo this evening it is a GO!!

Rally Point Co-ords, Callsigns and Passwords to follow!!

I'm not cleared HOT, but am proceeding to the Objective!! :D

Later
Martin

x SF med
11-28-2006, 07:59

Later
Martin

AM-
Is TS going to issue the travel orders for all of us on this mission? When do we get the the official mission brief? IRP has been established, secondary RPs, Callsigns (who gets to choose the letter for all of the callsigns?) Passwords, and comms locs still need to be established. We also need Team assignments - are we going to be light on any MOS?

CPTAUSRET
11-28-2006, 09:32

Later
Martin

A M:

ROGER, on all the above!

My plans have changed, in that I now need to fly back Saturday as opposed to Sunday. I have the option of ingressing one day earlier, Tuesday vs Saturday, any thoughts?

BrianH
11-28-2006, 10:25

AM, you're NEVER cleared HOT, but somehow I always manage to see you firing for effect. Must be the climate change.

As of now, I'm going. I might be headed for a little Survival love MacKall-style on the 2nd, but as of right now I'm not on that list. I'll still be there with my gear, though, stand-by or not.

BrianH
11-28-2006, 10:27
AM-
Is TS going to issue the travel orders for all of us on this mission? When do we get the the official mission brief? IRP has been established, secondary RPs, Callsigns (who gets to choose the letter for all of the callsigns?) Passwords, and comms locs still need to be established. We also need Team assignments - are we going to be light on any MOS?
My limited experience working as an attachment to this outfit tells me that the only relevant part of THAT OPORD is going to be the E&E.

x SF med
11-28-2006, 11:47
My limited experience working as an attachment to this outfit tells me that the only relevant part of THAT OPORD is going to be the E&E.

Don't need E&E if we can't coordinate our positions, tasks and command structure - so shush, look, listen and learn and you'll see how the FOGs plan a mission correctly. We will need to conduct a full map recon for all public houses and food establishments within crawling distance - we should leave that to Kyo, he can actually do a full on-site, and annotate the strip maps with Beer/Liquor stores in close proximity (secondary resupply points).

STR8SHTR
11-28-2006, 20:18
This will be my first trip to the Shot Show.

NousDefionsDoc
11-28-2006, 20:46
Case of beer Jarhead....:)

Bill Harsey
11-28-2006, 21:22
Case of beer Jarhead....:)
I'll be the contact for this detail.

Ambush Master
11-28-2006, 21:46
A M:

ROGER, on all the above!

My plans have changed, in that I now need to fly back Saturday as opposed to Sunday. I have the option of ingressing one day earlier, Tuesday vs Saturday, any thoughts?

If you come in on Tuesday, it will give you a chance to get acquainted with everybody before the Show starts. Once it's going, many will not be able to chill except at night and they will be worn out!!

I'll make commo with you and explain further. After all, this is an open channel!!:D

gunnerjohn
11-28-2006, 22:14

A SHOT show virgin... guess he gets to buy the first round.

CPTAUSRET
11-28-2006, 23:44

gunnerjohn:

WHOA! Good catch!

First round for sure!:D

x SF med
11-29-2006, 08:11

Str8shtr-

Admit nothing, deny everything, make gross counteraccusations, attempt escape at every turn.

Remember this little axiom, it will keep you from buying multiple rounds of adult beverages while enjoying the cameraderie of the QPs and their entourage - also, always bring personal trinkets to protect yourself in adult beverage country (QPs know what I mean).

STR8SHTR
11-29-2006, 08:37
Case of beer Jarhead....

NDD where is the love...:D

Admit nothing, deny everything, make gross counteraccusations,

Thanks for the advice. Being a career LEO I have practiced this for a long time.;)

lso, always bring personal trinkets to protect yourself in adult beverage country (QPs know what I mean).

Got you covered. ;)

x SF med
11-29-2006, 09:22
STR8SHTR -
completely unrelated pm out to you.

Team Sergeant
11-29-2006, 10:11
Str8shtr-

Admit nothing, deny everything, make gross counteraccusations, attempt escape at every turn.

I think that's;

Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter accusations and take hostages only when necessary.:D

x SF med
11-29-2006, 12:00
I think that's;

Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter accusations and take hostages only when necessary.:D

Or the SHOT corrolary:

spend money, drink beer, and have fun without regret as long as osama bin mama has given permission....

brianksain
11-29-2006, 18:43
I'm there with my band of merry marauders ... LE Section as usual.

Team Sergeant
11-29-2006, 18:56
I'm there with my band of merry marauders ... LE Section as usual.

I'll see you then Brian!

7624U
11-29-2006, 19:06
Don't need E&E if we can't coordinate our positions, tasks and command structure - so shush, look, listen and learn and you'll see how the FOGs plan a mission correctly. We will need to conduct a full map recon for all public houses and food establishments within crawling distance - we should leave that to Kyo, he can actually do a full on-site, and annotate the strip maps with Beer/Liquor stores in close proximity (secondary resupply points).

Make sure you FOGs stay off the natural lines of drift,
when you set up your PB.
would be bad news to hear you got rolled up while crawling to the resupply point :D

Ive got a class going after Xmas so no Shot Show for me :(

brianksain
11-29-2006, 19:18
You guys are alright ... looking forward to meeting Mr. Harsey.

Missed him last year.

CPTAUSRET
11-30-2006, 07:09
Make sure you FOGs stay off the natural lines of drift,
when you set up your PB.
would be bad news to hear you got rolled up while crawling to the resupply point :D

Ive got a class going after Xmas so no Shot Show for me :(

We will have dedicated CAS. Us FOG's have participated in similar actions in the past.

I had two MPs attempt to apprehend me in VN 1966, I was where I shouldn't have been, when I shouldn't have been there. I still have one of their helmet liners, somewhere.:D

x SF med
12-05-2006, 21:28
bump

gunnerjohn
12-05-2006, 21:36
A friend of mine suggested that Bahama Breeze in Orlando would be a good place to meet to take in desired refreshments. Anyone else know of any other good places around the area?

x SF med
12-05-2006, 21:42
A friend of mine suggested that Bahama Breeze in Orlando would be a good place to meet to take in desired refreshments. Anyone else know of any other good places around the area?

My Company headquarters used to be in Orlando - Bahama Breeze is excellent for refreshments and 'sights'. Right next door is Joe's Crab Shack - caveman cuisine at it's best - they even give you mallets to smash your food, and plenty of cold beer too... there's a whole entertainment mall right around the Convention Center area - Church Street Station (I think). The small local watering holes tend to be pretty good in the area too.

Bill Harsey
12-05-2006, 21:50
I want NDD to be there, anything we can charge him with in Florida and get him extradited in time for SHOT?:D

The Reaper
12-05-2006, 22:02
I want NDD to be there, anything we can charge him with in Florida and get him extradited in time for SHOT?:D

Seconded. I want my medic! He deserves a vacation, I mean a business trip, to the world's biggest gun show. I think they share sticks with pointy nails there as well.

Anyone who has never been to SHOT better start their daily walking program to get ready now.

TR

gunnerjohn
12-05-2006, 22:08
IIRC.... Last years show in Vegas listed 20+miles of aisles. The "refreshment" stands every 100 feet were a godsend. Gonna need a vacation to recover from my vacation.:D

PS, anyone know a good judge that we can get a warrant from?

gunnerjohn
12-11-2006, 20:52
One month to go. I need the vacation! :D

x SF med
12-11-2006, 21:35
One month to go. I need the vacation! :D

A working vacation, with some drinking thrown in.

x SF med
12-18-2006, 09:25
23 and a wake up. Any news on extraditing NDD? TR, can you do some arm twisting on the ham fisted medic, to get him to show? I need another 18D at the show to help distribute aspirin every morning.

CPTAUSRET
12-18-2006, 10:12
23 and a wake up. Any news on extraditing NDD? TR, can you do some arm twisting on the ham fisted medic, to get him to show? I need another 18D at the show to help distribute aspirin every morning.

You can never have too many 18D's!

Air.177
12-18-2006, 16:42
Just got my confirmation, I'll be arriving around noon on Wednesday and leaving around 1900 on Monday. I will be working the XS Sights booth for the duration of the show, therefore my walkabouting will be severely limited during show hours, but after show hours, I am open to suggestions.

Good times,
Blake

gunnerjohn
12-18-2006, 22:14
Just got my confirmation, I'll be arriving around noon on Wednesday and leaving around 1900 on Monday. I will be working the XS Sights booth for the duration of the show, therefore my walkabouting will be severely limited during show hours, but after show hours, I am open to suggestions.

Good times,
Blake

Blake, get one of those life sized cardboard pictures of yourself. After the first day everyone from XS will be so dazed that the will not know the difference. That should give you a little free time to run around.:D

Better pack plenty of that aspirin, we may need it. Got any lines on cheap dark sunglasses?:D

x SF med
12-19-2006, 08:44
Gunner-
We are talking Orlando, the home of the shiny green suit, oh, sorry wrong movie - the home of cheap dark sunglasses - actually, right across from the ORP.

x SF med
12-22-2006, 09:06
Anybody from the Ft Bragg area going to SHOT; I'd like some Supply help. el Jefe has given me a packing list and some items are not available in this AO, if anyone could hit one of the 'decent' shops and pick me up a couple of SF Crest golf shirts preferably white or green in large (42-44 chest) and possibly a couple of SF MOS related T-shirts (Bravo and Delta) I will be in compliance with above stated requirements from the TOP. (The SF Museum shop online only has hats - will order one today).

I will have cash on hand upon arriving Mission area, interest payment will be made in the form of the preferred adult beverage of the first reponder - I only need a single POC prior to infil, surprise supply missions will be at one's own risk of carrying that same merchandise home. Hey I want to spend money at the show on booze, broads, knives, guns, and other toys (not necessarily in that order) not have 2 duffle bags of SF logo gear.

Thanks guys
x

Edit - JFK Museum is shipping hat and golf shirts - still in need of MOS Delta and Bravo T-shirts.

Surgicalcric
12-22-2006, 11:26
...still in need of MOS Delta and Bravo T-shirts.

I will not be back on Bragg til 2 Jan. If one of the others doesnt square it away before then I will get the t-shirts and send them to your residence USPS or UPS before I leave for SOC-T rotation. PM inbound

Crip

x SF med
12-22-2006, 11:38
I will not be back on Bragg til 2 Jan. If one of the others doesnt square it away before then I will get the t-shirts and send them to your residence USPS or UPS before I leave for SOC-T rotation.

Crip

Crip-
Thank you. I will refrain from any comments about your length of service as a candidate, or attemp to at least.

Keep driving little bro, keep driving!

Surgicalcric
12-22-2006, 11:42
Crip-
...I will refrain from any comments about your length of service as a candidate, or attemp to at least.

Keep driving little bro, keep driving!

I am pretty sure that making comments about not making comments is still considered making comments. lol

Crip

x SF med
12-22-2006, 11:53
I am pretty sure that making comments about not making comments is still considered making comments. lol

Crip

huh? Who's on First?

I do believe I've been sharpshot by the Crip. touche!

All that training is paying off.:D

TXSWAT
12-27-2006, 16:58
I will be there.

gunnerjohn
12-28-2006, 21:21
2 weeks to go folks!:D

Snaquebite
12-28-2006, 21:27
Possible I might be there if I get the job I'm interviewing for on Wednesday...

x SF med
12-28-2006, 22:18
2 weeks to go folks!:D

flight - booked
room - secured
SF logo gear dictated by TS - <supposedly in the mail> received!!!! from SF museum Gift Shop
pass - ready to go
vacation time - taken
money to spend - ready
Let's get it on !!

CPTAUSRET
12-29-2006, 17:05
flight - booked
room - secured
SF logo gear dictated by TS - supposedly in the mail from SF museum Gift Shop
pass - ready to go
vacation time - taken
money to spend - ready
Let's get it on !!

I too am ready, looking forward to this!

x SF med
12-29-2006, 22:38
I have it on good authority that passes can still be had at the 'early bird' price until the 9th, rack space is tough to get though. If you want to join in the fun post your intentions here and you will be contacted by 'the guy', yeah the guy, from the place, with the stuff.

Bill Harsey
01-03-2007, 07:48
SHOT Show is coming up? I'd almost forgot.

x SF med
01-03-2007, 08:51
SHOT Show is coming up? I'd almost forgot.

Liar, Liar pants on fire!! Now that's at least a 3 alarm, Firebeef, we are in dire need of your services in putting Mr. Harsey out!!!

Um, Bill - uh, all in jest, ok?

gunnerjohn
01-03-2007, 22:44
We're down to one week. Those unsure better decide soon. Like x sf med stated earlier, passes can be had, rooms are tough, but I am sure floor space can be found.

Ambush Master
01-03-2007, 22:52
Liar, Liar pants on fire!! Now that's at least a 3 alarm, Firebeef, we are in dire need of your services in putting Mr. Harsey out!!!

Um, Bill - uh, all in jest, ok?

Careful here SPORT!!!

It CAN still be arranged for Mr. Bill to be YOUR...... ROOMIE!!!!:D

Unless you bring a GAS MASK, you would not be able to suppress his SNORING!!!

Later
Martin

gunnerjohn
01-03-2007, 22:58
Unless you bring a GAS MASK, you would not be able to suppress his SNORING!!!

I sure hope some vendor has come out with some real industrial strength snore proof earplugs at the show and have samples they are giving out.:D
(I am still bringing duct tape)

x SF med
01-04-2007, 09:42
Gunner - the old issue 3 baffle soft rubber earplugs still work great! And remember, Bill isn't a prisoner - allow him to use chapstick or put vaseline on his lips before you use the duct tape, you don't want to rip his lips off. And protect that mustachio, like Alfalfa, it's his 'charm', a Harsey without the mustache just would not be right.

gunnerjohn
01-04-2007, 21:22
I figure a roll away bed would be great for Harsey. If the snoring gets too loud, then I can just roll him out in the hallway so the rest of the hotel can enjoy his chorus. Maybe we can make a challange of it..... "Hide Harsey" Roll him around the hotel and let people identify that snore. :D

x SF med
01-04-2007, 21:27
Damn Gunner, you told me that you were having the Kitchen save all of the egg crates for the week prior to arrival - and then have housekeeping build a sound suppressed Harsey room out of them.

gunnerjohn
01-04-2007, 21:29
Egg crates won't cut it. Gonna need to bring super spray foam to coat the walls. I am thinking a white noise machine might help too.:D

x SF med
01-04-2007, 21:31
How 'bout "the Harsey Egg Carton Room" coated with low density, low rise HILTI foam Insulation

gunnerjohn
01-04-2007, 21:34
I think a second opinion from AM would be appropriate at this point. He may have a solution to dealing with the human chainsaw.

x SF med
01-04-2007, 21:38
could you design a Harsey Muffler by Sat?

gunnerjohn
01-04-2007, 21:39
Hell, I can machine anything!

x SF med
01-04-2007, 21:52
go for it!

x SF med
01-08-2007, 13:43
Commo from initial man on the ground - Wx is warm and muggy, Lots of foreign Nationals in AO, ETOH and comestible resupply points easily accessible, Transport available on local economy, ORP secure.

Secondary infil today.

Main body infil 20070110, staggered times.

Stand in the Door!

Roycroft201
01-08-2007, 16:11
Prep Team Infil Report

LOL ! You do a great job with sitreps, x SF med ! Keep us posted !

;)
RC201

x SF med
01-08-2007, 16:16
RC-
Are you cleared for attendance? Huh, are you? Will we see your smiling face in Orlando? Inquiring minds want to know! (Although we will have to mind our manners should you grace us with your presence)

Roycroft201
01-08-2007, 16:39
RC-
Are you cleared for attendance? Huh, are you? Will we see your smiling face in Orlando? Inquiring minds want to know! (Although we will have to mind our manners should you grace us with your presence)

LOL !

That's a negative, x SF med.

:( :mad:

Complications here on the homefront. Actually didn't cancel my flight reservation until 24 hrs before I was to leave ( I was flying on the 6th) because I was optimistic all would work out .........but such is not the case for this year.

It was going to be great meeting you all......... and my brother ( MUCH older :D ) who lives in Orlando just retired after working for Arnold Palmer for 25 years so I was hoping to get a foursome together on the golf course if you all had a break on one of the days. ( Team Sergeant once said he knew how to swing a golf club but have not had comfirmation of that. ) Will the SHOT Show ever return to Orlando or is this just a one time stop ?

Keep us informed so we know what we are missing and don't forget we need a couple pictures, too ! ( opsec and persec apply, of course !)

RC201

gunnerjohn
01-08-2007, 16:46
Keep us informed so we know what we are missing and don't forget we need a couple pictures, too ! ( opsec and persec apply, of course !)

RC201

Don't worry, I have Adobe Creative Suite to do lots of editing where needed. (Sorry, I have not figured out how to make people lose weight or grow hair with it yet)

Roycroft201
01-08-2007, 16:53
(Sorry, I have not figured out how to make people lose weight or grow hair with it yet)

LOL ! LOL ! That's great !

Kyobanim
01-08-2007, 19:23
Don't worry, I have Adobe Creative Suite to do lots of editing where needed. (Sorry, I have not figured out how to make people lose weight or grow hair with it yet)

I can help you with that. Who need's to go on a diet?

gunnerjohn
01-08-2007, 20:07
I plead the fifth:rolleyes:

STR8SHTR
01-08-2007, 20:14
Not as long as it has been. The last thing on my list to do is wash the truck prior to departure on Wednesday morning. I will be in town on Wednesday evening.

TR I have room for a drafting partner while heading south.:D

The Reaper
01-08-2007, 21:02
Not as long as it has been. The last thing on my list to do is wash the truck prior to departure on Wednesday morning. I will be in town on Wednesday evening.

TR I have room for a drafting partner while heading south.:D

Up in DC right now.

Rolling out of Fayettenam after servicing my vehicle first thing Weds morning.

Probably on I-95S by 1000 or so, should be in Orlando by 2000. Will not be running more than 10 over unless there is an emergency. You have the digits if you need anything.

TR

x SF med
01-09-2007, 12:42
We have a report of a flying Harsey (brings to mind the flying monkeys in the Wizard of Oz) headed toward AO. Said Harsey has been stressed as today is his natal anniversary (BD, guys n gals, BD) addition to mission - said Harsey is to be plied with adult beverages without payment for one round from each of us in congratulations (Sorry Bill, you had to know this was going to happen). Last report prior to my iso and infil, ground team will remain in place and can offer transpo if you have the freq and bona fides. Out.

CPTAUSRET
01-09-2007, 13:33
We have a report of a flying Harsey (brings to mind the flying monkeys in the Wizard of Oz) headed toward AO. Said Harsey has been stressed as today is his natal anniversary (BD, guys n gals, BD) addition to mission - said Harsey is to be plied with adult beverages without payment for one round from each of us in congratulations (Sorry Bill, you had to know this was going to happen). Last report prior to my iso and infil, ground team will remain in place and can offer transpo if you have the freq and bona fides. Out.

I may need the aforementioned "transpo", am due to arrive 1417 Wednesday.

Air.177
01-09-2007, 14:19
I may need the aforementioned "transpo", am due to arrive 1417 Wednesday.

I am due in 1126 wednesday. CPTAUSRET, Team Sergeant, or Harsey; Please contact me at soonest convenience after that time. I can be reached any time at:817-999-9270.

Team Sergeant
01-09-2007, 15:03
I am due in 1126 wednesday. CPTAUSRET, Team Sergeant, or Harsey; Please contact me at soonest convenience after that time. I can be reached any time at:817-999-9270.

Roger, and I'm placing that cell phone number on every bathroom door I can find.......;)

Air.177
01-09-2007, 15:06
Roger, and I'm placing that cell phone number on every bathroom door I can find.......;)

Eh, It sounds fake enough most people dismiss it outright:lifter

Team Sergeant
01-09-2007, 15:12
Eh, It sounds fake enough most people dismiss it outright:lifter

They won't when I place your "handsome" and "young" face next to the number.... you'll be getting calls all night, from women and men.:D

CPTAUSRET
01-09-2007, 15:13

You are due to arrive prior to me, so I'll call you when I hit the ground!

Air.177
01-09-2007, 15:21
You are due to arrive prior to me, so I'll call you when I hit the ground!

Very good sir.

Kyobanim
01-09-2007, 15:56
They won't when I place your "handsome" and "young" face next to the number.... you'll be getting calls all night, from women and men.:D

Considering the area you will be in, it will be mostly men.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

CPTAUSRET
01-09-2007, 16:08

The problem is, he'll do it!:D

x SF med
01-09-2007, 16:11
The only problem is TS will only place the number in the men's rooms, just to make it interesting.....

gunnerjohn
01-09-2007, 19:10
Already started the posting of the number around town. Air should be getting calls within the hour. Harsey just posted it in the leather clad bars!:D

Gypsy
01-09-2007, 19:16
Ya'll have fun...leave the city standing if you can. :D

Sacamuelas
01-09-2007, 19:45
Harsey just posted it in the leather clad bars!:D
WTF are you guys doing in leather clad bars? :eek: :p LOL

CPTAUSRET
01-09-2007, 19:49
Just got a phone call from the "Birthday Boy" and his partner in crime describing the sumptouos dinner they shared; ribs, hot wings, Margaritas, cold beer, cold beer, etc, etc...

Can hardly wait!

gunnerjohn
01-09-2007, 20:31

I said Harsey, not us. What he does on his own........

Plus a heads up, the temperature has dropped down here, so a light coat might be in order at times.

x SF med
01-09-2007, 20:42
Gunner, you sadistic f%^&, why did you post that avatar? Where's my flyreel, huh?

The Reaper
01-09-2007, 21:24
Plus a heads up, the temperature has dropped down here, so a light coat might be in order at times.

A light coat of what? Break-Free? Coppertone?

TR

Bill Harsey
01-10-2007, 05:19
Selling a phone no. to the highest bidder. Can't remember if it was the Team Sergeants or Air.177's... anyway, we have beer money.

Now it's time to get to work, set up day today. SHOT always looks impossible right up until it's open to the public.
In the other part of the Orlando Convention Center is the Surfboard Show featuring all the bikini babes to do promotional work.

Very cool venue here.

x SF med
01-10-2007, 10:31
Selling a phone no. to the highest bidder. Can't remember if it was the Team Sergeants or Air.177's... anyway, we have beer money.

Now it's time to get to work, set up day today. SHOT always looks impossible right up until it's open to the public.
In the other part of the Orlando Convention Center is the Surfboard Show featuring all the bikini babes to do promotional work.

Very cool venue here.

Bikinis, Beer and Blades - be still my heart.
or is that Blades, Beer and Bikinis
Beer, Bikini, Blades
Whatever, it's 3 really great things all at one time.

Bill, take some time to strain your eyes rather than your back, ok? Actually, make Gunner do all the set up, for the persec violation.

x SF med
01-11-2007, 17:51
the day starts - my brain hurts.
we decided to follow instructions from the hotel desk, and walk to the show, the illustrious QP with me was a bit whiny about walking - with good reason - there is no place to sit.

Oh so much to see and more days to see it!

Off to eat dinner, and possibly have a beer, maybe.

82ndtrooper
01-11-2007, 19:03
Bikinis, Beer and Blades - be still my heart.
or is that Blades, Beer and Bikinis
Beer, Bikini, Blades
Whatever, it's 3 really great things all at one time.

Bill, take some time to strain your eyes rather than your back, ok? Actually, make Gunner do all the set up, for the persec violation.

I'm jealous !! I'm stuck here in Kentucky wondering how much more money I'd spend on AR gadgets if I were there ? This may be a good thing.

As for the Blades, Beer, and Bikini's..................I'd be more interested in what's beneath the Bikini's..............shame on you. Pics please !!

lksteve
01-11-2007, 19:41
the day starts - my brain hurts.hmmm...tell us more...
we decided to follow instructions from the hotel desk, and walk to the show, the illustrious QP with me was a bit whiny about walking ...just tell me said illustrious QP was not a 10th Group guy...:munchin

x SF med
01-11-2007, 20:52
hmmm...tell us more...
just tell me said illustrious QP was not a 10th Group guy...:munchin

there was still some beer left in Orlando last night.

the illustrious QP was a 5th Group guy

Tonight was Thai - excellent meal and for a couple of us alcohol free... yes we are old and take a long time to recover.

Mr Harsey gave me my signed GB today and SGM Cavaiani was presented his Yarbrough #838 by Messers Harsey and Reeve.

Pictures will be posted in a little bit.

gunnerjohn
01-11-2007, 21:31
When the morning started out with "I think my hair is screaming", you know the night before was interesting. Until those around last night are clear of the area, we will not discuss details. "You've lost that loving feeling" was sang by some. That gives a hint of how the night had gone. Meeting and greeting today was great. Products at SHOT Show are wonderful and will cause many sleepless nights and lightened pocketbooks.
More entries to come.

Roycroft201
01-12-2007, 00:58
"You've lost that loving feeling" was sang by some.

:D

Glad you're all having fun !

gunnerjohn
01-13-2007, 01:27
Friday night in Orlando........ O My God!!!
Technically it is Saturday morning, but what a night! Howl at the Moon is now a hang out where everyone knows your name. A night with SGM Cavaiani and many others to go down in history. (if anyone has any remaining brain cells to remember)

More to come after the sun rises.

Quote of the day:

"Dougie, you are now the Team Sergeants B@%#H"

Roguish Lawyer
01-13-2007, 02:36
"You've lost that loving feeling" was sang by some.

There are Navy guys with you? :munchin

gunnerjohn
01-13-2007, 06:48
Well the sun has risen and it hurt to shave. My teeth hated me and I am typing with one eye. Other than that, no one else wants to deal with the world so I guess I will give a report.

QP's, soon to be QP's, Marines, 1 airman, a knife maker and a machinist went out on the town. (damn my head is hurting) Many beers were served, Jack for the SGM, and many more beers for everyone else. (damn my head is remembering those beers now) It seems that after you have been to an establishment more than once around here, that every bouncer remembers you and your group and positions more staff around your area. I don't remember any of us breaking anything the last time we were in there (damn, who bit my chest...... oh I remember... Dougie, hope your head hurts more than mine) The beverage consumption donation was used up last night and much thanks to the donor. (Damn, why did I mix St.Louis beer and Colorado beer?) It should be interesting to see when everyone else crawls out from under their rocks. I think I saw a poncho liner being set up out in some bushes next to the bar. (Damn Harsey snores)

Anyway, time to head over to the SHOT Show and see who is alive.
More later
Out

x SF med
01-13-2007, 07:58
hehehehehehe I slept in till 0830. thank you Gunnerjohn for the commentary- shhhhhhh, my keyboard is too loud. Dougie, yooohoooo, you have chores to do. And remember, SHOT is an experience, not a hangover, or is it the other way around, or both, oh, hell, MY Brain is dented..

gunnerjohn
01-13-2007, 21:13
Well, all bodies have been accounted for at the 2007 SHOT Show in Orlando Florida as of this time stamp. Packing for the journey home is done and the great memories of this trip have been logged.
Meeting many of the PS.com members has been a great experience. For those wondering, X SF Med looks just like his avatar, and acts the same too.:D I hope the pains in my abdomen from all the laughter go away soon and that my liver heals. I am now gonna stop drinking until October. At that point I will begin conditioning for SHOT Show 2008 in Las Vegas. I hope all that came had fun and travel home is safe for all.

Signing off from Orlando
Gunner

P.S. Once appropriate editing has been done, pictures will be presented for those to enjoy. Incriminating photos will be hidden or burned.

Gypsy
01-13-2007, 21:21
Gunner I've enjoyed all of your AAR's, you are very witty and informative!

I was disappointed, however, to read x SF's comments that there was still beer left in Orlando. Tsk tsk.

Safe travels home to all...

x SF med
01-14-2007, 06:18
I'm in the lobby of the ORP, waiting to meet up with Mr. Harsey....

Well, two of the infil team are on their way out of the AO, safe trip guys, we had fun. I'm doing 1/2 a day here at the show then jumping on the silver bird myself. SHOT is an amazing experience - true gun and knife porn for those that get into that kind of thing.:lifter

Yesterday was a bonus day - MAJ Plaster and SGM Cavaiani together in one place, along with the hospitality of The Reeve Family and Mr. Harsey!!!:D

I'm going to check in to Betty Ford or AA upon arriving home - my liver needs a rest. I will follow the machineheads advice for next year - start rucking now, and wait until October to start reacquainting my liver with ETOH.

Hope to get a bigger turnout next year - will give a better AAR upon arrival at my PDS.

Ambush Master
01-14-2007, 09:29
Yesterday was a bonus day - MAJ Prosser and SGM Cavaiani together in one place, along with the hospitality of The Reeve Family and Mr. Harsey!!!

Did you mean Maj John (Plasticman) Plaster??

LibraryLady
01-14-2007, 15:50
For those wondering, X SF Med looks just like his avatar, and acts the same too.:D

There was a nekkid, purple long-haired, earring-wearing midget running around the show modeling all the new cool eyewear? :eek:

Incriminating photos will be hidden or burned.

Sure, they can't be bought? :D

LL

The Reaper
01-14-2007, 16:46
SHOT 2007 is officially closed.

We opened it up Thursday while some were still sleeping and shut it down at 1600 today. Great seeing old friends, and making new ones. Thanks to all for their cameraderie and generosity.

Helped some friends pack up their booth, now off to dinner.

TR

Team Sergeant
01-14-2007, 17:19
Did you mean Maj John (Plasticman) Plaster??

Yes, yes indeed it was Maj Plaster........ And guess who had a "SOG" book on hand for both SGM and the Maj to sign.....;)

I've returned.:rolleyes:

TS

CPTAUSRET
01-14-2007, 18:20
I haven't posted anything yet, waiting to see just how incriminating the photos are.

I had a great time! Props to Gunner John, Bill Harsey, TS, xsfmed, TR, (CSM ret) Jon Cavianni, Ann and Chris Reeve, Blake, and a few others, I am not remembering at the moment.

Looking forward to next year!

gunnerjohn
01-14-2007, 20:06
The Gunner has landed. And there is snow everywhere. Glad everyone got home safe. Great to see everyone. I'm tired, my bed is calling.

x SF med
01-14-2007, 20:57
My feet hurt, but the new steel made it home safely, untouched by the TSA!!

It was a fantastic time, a nice break from the reality of the normal working days for some of us, and a way to cement friendships. Thank you Mr. Harsey, TS, Gunner, and Reeve family for inviting me. I'm already looking forward to next year.

Glad everybody that's already left has made it home safely, and a safe trip to those still in Orlando.

Now everybody knows, why I chose my avatar, thanks Gunner for letting the secret out. And, I'm still not Brittney Spears.

Kyobanim
01-14-2007, 21:26
And, I'm still not Brittney Spears.

God, ain't that the truth.

BrianH
01-14-2007, 22:31
Home at last, and ready for a short night's sleep before I head out to Camp MacFun in the morning.

Thanks to TS, x SF med, gunnerjohn, TR, Bill Harsey, Chris and Anne Reeve, Air .177, Dwayne Dwyer, Rotor Strike, and everyone else who made SHOT such a memorable experience.

Meeting SGM Cavaiani, MAJ Plaster, and Chuck Mawhinney were all honors that will be remembered forever.

Brian

CPTAUSRET
01-14-2007, 22:49
Home at last, and ready for a short night's sleep before I head out to Camp MacFun in the morning.

Thanks to TS, x SF med, gunnerjohn, TR, Bill Harsey, Chris and Anne Reeve, Air .177, Dwayne Dwyer, Rotor Strike, and everyone else who made SHOT such a memorable experience.

Meeting SGM Cavaiani, MAJ Plaster, and Chuck Mawhinney were all honors that will be remembered forever.

Brian

Brian:

Did I meet you?

BrianH
01-14-2007, 23:06
Brian:

Did I meet you?
I don't think so, sir. Or maybe we did, and were all too drunk to remember.

Doug and I were at Howl at the Moon on Friday, and then at SHOT Sat and Sun.

Prester John
01-14-2007, 23:29
Thanks to everyone. I had the most enjoyable and memorable weekend of my young life. I don't think I've ever been surrounded by so many truly accomplished men.

Next year I'll try not to let the SGM drink me under the table. Excuse me... I have to train up with a handle of Jack... a night.

Doug

x SF med
01-15-2007, 09:12
Dougie - we may have to have your title changed to .... TS's Biatch .... Jefe, can this be done?

Kyo - How's your new toy? Tried it out on any of your unsuspecting students yet? It's Israeli, y'know? A real disappointment, thinking I was going to meet Chuck, and getting - well, you. :D

Kyobanim
01-15-2007, 10:49
A real disappointment, thinking I was going to meet Chuck, and getting - well, you.

Life's a bitch, isn't it? How're those lungs, by the way?

Prester John
01-15-2007, 11:13
Dougie - we may have to have your title changed to .... TS's Biatch .... Jefe, can this be done?

Buy one round of beer that he doesn't like and you hear about it forever. I'm going to get offline to give myself my third IV of the day. I'm beginning to see why I quit drinking after SERE.

Doug

x SF med
01-15-2007, 11:25
Life's a bitch, isn't it? How're those lungs, by the way?

I'm still not Brittney....

Doug- go ruck, that'll cure you, sweat the beer out!

Roycroft201
01-15-2007, 16:11
Even these little tidbits of conversation between you SHOT Show goers make me laugh !

No more stories ? no pics ? :munchin

RC201

The Reaper
01-15-2007, 21:00
Anyone who needs a little lightweight ruck, I can help you out.

TR

Bill Harsey
01-16-2007, 08:48
"Howl At The Moon" is an odd name for such a quiet and relaxing tea room but it was a good place to spend some time with the already mentioned crew.

Home here too, more later.

Bill Harsey
01-16-2007, 08:51
Anyone who needs a little lightweight ruck, I can help you out.

TR
It took both hands for me to just barely break TR's ruck free of the ground. He told me it wasn't loaded yet.

I'm still doing the volume/density study to try and guess the contents.

The Reaper
01-16-2007, 09:58
"Howl At The Moon" is an odd name for such a quiet and relaxing tea room but it was a good place to spend some time with the already mentioned crew.

Home here too, more later.

Hey, look, there is a sleazy bar in Orlando with exactly the same name and a website. I hear that every night is karaoke night there.

http://www.howlatthemoon.com/

What a coincidence!

It took both hands for me to just barely break TR's ruck free of the ground. He told me it wasn't loaded yet.

I'm still doing the volume/density study to try and guess the contents.

You know, lead and steel have serious density, or so I have heard. Probably another coincidence. Not the load this time, but I have put just under 4,000 rounds of 7.62x51 NATO in a Large ALICE for a short trip when I was younger. Not very good for the ruck though.

TR

gunnerjohn
01-16-2007, 20:55
I just heard that the SGM was looking for volunteers to partake in the consumption of barley infused beverages this weekend. Any takers? :D

Gypsy
01-16-2007, 20:58
It's October already? My how time flies... :D

Really enjoyed this thread, glad all are home safe.

mugwump
01-16-2007, 21:19
So what'd y'all see? Was surefire showing any lights with the new CREE LEDs? These have amazing specs in the Fenix P1D CE :

Digitally Regulated for Constant Brightness
5 Output Levels: 72 lumens (2.8hrs) -> 135 lumens (1hrs) -> 12 lumens (21hrs) -> Strobe -> SOS
Use one CR123A battery

I'm wating for a Surefire model.

Any word on the new H&K .45?

The Reaper
01-16-2007, 21:29
So what'd y'all see? Was surefire showing any lights with the new CREE LEDs? These have amazing specs in the Fenix P1D CE :

Digitally Regulated for Constant Brightness
5 Output Levels: 72 lumens (2.8hrs) -> 135 lumens (1hrs) -> 12 lumens (21hrs) -> Strobe -> SOS
Use one CR123A battery

I'm wating for a Surefire model.

Any word on the new H&K .45?

SureFire had an L1 and an L2 with the Krees in their booth, IIRC.

Not much being said about them.

Did not see the new .45 in HK's booth, but they had at least 20 handguns there, and everyone wanted to play with the long guns and the 40mm Machine Gun.

TR

The Reaper
01-16-2007, 23:00
Okay, since few of the promised photos seem to be appearing, here are a couple to demonstrate the size of this show.

Hope this helps those who did not attend to realize how just how large it is.

A couple of shots from one of the bridges over the show floor, one is to an end, the other you can only see to the next bridge and the wall below. Last is a shot of the exterior of one end of the show, the other had about the same amount of packaging sitting there.

Allegedly, this takes just two days to assemble, and less than two days to tear down.

Hope you enjoy.

TR

Roycroft201
01-17-2007, 01:42
Amazing ! First thoughts that come to mind are "really interesting marketing strategies" and, with the last pic, " Logistics !"

Thanks, TR !

Prester John
01-17-2007, 03:10
The HK .45 is in the pipes, scheduled release should be in 4+- months market price should be around 1100 dollars. They had two of them at their booth. I want to be one of the first in the U.S. with a DA/SA model.

Doug

x SF med
01-17-2007, 08:10
I believe the pictures are being 'cleaned' by our illustrious photochopper and being vetted by TS.

Kyobanim
01-17-2007, 09:29
I have seen no pictures to clean up. I have a few to post but I am hesitant to do so. I don't think our members could stand seeing the real you since they all think you look like Brittany.

x SF med
01-17-2007, 10:24
I have seen no pictures to clean up. I have a few to post but I am hesitant to do so. I don't think our members could stand seeing the real you since they all think you look like Brittany.

Feel the love!!! Have Gunner blast you a set, If he can't get them to you I can send them over for cleaning, since you are the 'professional'.

I will never, even in an acid induced nightmare, ever be mistaken for Brittany.

gunnerjohn
01-17-2007, 21:00
Kyo now has all the pics now. Including the one of TS with an Airsoft. :D

Max_Tab
01-18-2007, 06:56
LFMAO, I'm sure we could get a fund together to pay money to post that picture.:D

Kyobanim
01-18-2007, 06:59
Gunner, I seem to be missing one photo. Are you sure it didn't get intercepted?

gunnerjohn
01-18-2007, 22:16
Gunner, I seem to be missing one photo. Are you sure it didn't get intercepted?

Are you talking about the one of X SF Med in the TuTu at Howl at the Moon or the one of Harsey on the street corner in drag?

x SF med
01-18-2007, 22:21
Gunner: see previous post re: revenge, as a cold dish.

Ciao.

Kyobanim
01-19-2007, 04:18
Are you talking about the one of X SF Med in the TuTu at Howl at the Moon or the one of Harsey on the street corner in drag?

Make that 3 missing pics

x SF med
01-19-2007, 07:56

It was not a tutu, it was an 80's era Donna Karan Dress that I borrowed from Cyndi Lauper. As to Harsey's out fit, well, it was just hideous, a Wal-Mart, no class....... :D

And Kyo, I bet Gunner didn't send the pic we got of him (on his own camera) doing the Macarena with Sergio, and all Gunner was wearing was that camo thong..... ugly, truly ugly......

Prester John
01-19-2007, 09:09
I don't even know what all this misdirection is for... I rolled up to Fishbone's and there was a bunch of guys huddled up with their junk out and a biscuit on the ground. Who won anyway? I arrived moments too late for the results.

x SF med
01-19-2007, 10:27
I don't even know what all this misdirection is for... I rolled up to Fishbone's and there was a bunch of guys huddled up with their junk out and a biscuit on the ground. Who won anyway? I arrived moments too late for the results.

Ummmm, Dougie - do you really want the stories about your antics with the 'boys in the band' to be spread around, Gunner and I saw the whole thing. Especially the one with you trading Skoal with that Navy guy, in public?:eek: (old age and treachery.....)

Sdiver
01-19-2007, 11:04
Kyo now has all the pics now. Including the one of TS with an Airsoft.

LFMAO, I'm sure we could get a fund together to pay money to post that/those picture(s).:D

Would $100.00 be enough to start THIS fund ??

Check or PayPal and to who's account is this to be sent to?

:munchin

gunnerjohn
01-19-2007, 20:21
Ummmm, Dougie - do you really want the stories about your antics with the 'boys in the band' to be spread around, Gunner and I saw the whole thing. Especially the one with you trading Skoal with that Navy guy, in public?:eek: (old age and treachery.....)

Don't forget Dougie trying to get in the sack with that gal that just puked all over the bar. :munchin

Monsoon65
01-19-2007, 21:43
Don't forget Dougie trying to get in the sack with that gal that just puked all over the bar. :munchin

Damn, you guys did have a great time!!!

Bill Harsey
01-20-2007, 20:45
I'd have thought that with this group priding themselves on the ability to observe, collect intel and their collective situational awareness that some one by now would have commented on the content of the show and the current state of the industry.

TR, Good pics.

Sdiver
01-21-2007, 04:19
I'd have thought that with this group priding themselves on the ability to observe, collect intel and their collective situational awareness that some one by now would have commented on the content of the show and the current state of the industry.

TR, Good pics.

There was a Gun/knife/outdoors show ???:eek:

I had thought the title of the Thread "Shot Show 2007", meant Tequila shots, JD shots, Jagermeister shots, ect......and from the responses in this thread, that's what it looked like.

gunnerjohn
01-21-2007, 05:10
There was a Gun/knife/outdoors show ???:eek:

I had thought the title of the Thread "Shot Show 2007", meant Tequila shots, JD shots, Jagermeister shots, ect......and from the responses in this thread, that's what it looked like.

Yes there was the largest gun show on the planet and it has taken a whole week to clear my head in order to type about the new products that were there. More to come later.
Gunner

Roycroft201
01-21-2007, 10:54
Yes there was the largest gun show on the planet and it has taken a whole week to clear my head in order to type about the new products that were there. More to come later.
Gunner

Yeah, yeah, yeah, .........that's what you SAY but from what we've READ here it seems like some of you were attending a 'cooking show' (TS's smoker), a bling-bling display (everyone has new watches !) and a coyote hang out ( Howl at the Moon).

Mr. Harsey, I think you were at a different venue,sir !;)

:D RC201

LibraryLady
01-21-2007, 11:45
Yeah, yeah, yeah, .........that's what you SAY but from what we've READ here it seems like some of you were attending a 'cooking show' (TS's smoker), a bling-bling display (everyone has new watches !) and a coyote hang out ( Howl at the Moon).

Mr. Harsey, I think you were at a different venue,sir !;)

:D RC201

Didn't Mr. Harsey say,

I bet they just sat around, swapped recipes and such; all else must be a figment of someone's imagination!

LL

gunnerjohn
01-21-2007, 16:27
Ok folks, here is a report on new products. My concentration on new products was towards the sporting trade. Remington came out with a few new products and improvements on existings ones. The most significant was for the varmint hunter with the release of the .17 Fireball. Some people will remember the .17 Mach IV that had been a wildcat since the 60's. Now Remington has realized that the .17 is the hottest caliber on the market and brought out the cartridge that will last a lifetime. It uses a 20 grain bullet at 4000fps compared to the .17 Remington at 4250. This 250fps lower speed will give a longer life to the barrel and still vaporize little varmints. Remington also came out with a new trigger in their rifles. After chatting with the folks in the booth, they admitted that it was basically an economically priced 40x trigger.
Leupolds great advancement was with the VX-7 scopes. These offer 30mm tubes, new lead free glass and a different gas used to keep them moisture free. These scopes were very impressive. They have covered all sports with the models, from dangerous african game to long range big game. Leupold talked that these will be their premier series scope and the excitement was evident.
Winchester would not give any straight answers to Model 70 lovers as to wether or not we would see any import model 70's. This was also true from Browning who is with Winchester. Browning did have some new varieties of the A-Bolt rifle.
Black Hills reported that we won't be seeing any of the bulk .223 ammo till at least August. (that is if you were to order now) Hornady had some new products out in some old classic cartridges 400/450 nitro and 9.3x74R and a new one with Ruger being the .375 Ruger. This cartridge is a 30/06 length fat cartridge with more hit than the .375 H&H. The rifles for this will be a wood stocked african model and a stainless hogue stocked model for Alaska. Both are comfortable rifles and the new Hawkeye triggers are nice.
Hope this breaks away from the stories of "after the sun set in Orlando"

More later

CPTAUSRET
01-21-2007, 16:57
John:

I am going to need a "varmint" rifle, what is the projected cost of the .17 rifle? Guestimates of barrel life, number of rounds, etc?

gunnerjohn
01-21-2007, 17:07
John:

I am going to need a "varmint" rifle, what is the projected cost of the .17 rifle? Guestimates of barrel life, number of rounds, etc?

The rifles will retail from $685 to $1050 depending on which model you want. The barrel life will be very long since you are not breaking over that 4000fps mark. Proper reloading will make this affordable too. I have one of the wildcats in a 16" barrel and my velocities are around 3875fps. This rifle has had close to 1000 rounds fired through it and there is no sign that the barrel is going away. Being built on a full size model 700 action and stock there will be absolutely no recoil, so you can watch that prairie dog go bye bye.

CPTAUSRET
01-21-2007, 17:09
The rifles will retail from $685 to $1050 depending on which model you want. The barrel life will be very long since you are not breaking over that 4000fps mark. Proper reloading will make this affordable too. I have one of the wildcats in a 16" barrel and my velocities are around 3875fps. This rifle has had close to 1000 rounds fired through it and there is no sign that the barrel is going away. Being built on a full size model 700 action and stock there will be absolutely no recoil, so you can watch that prairie dog go bye bye.

Thanks for the response, sounds like what I need, course I'll need scope advice also!

Roguish Lawyer
01-21-2007, 17:48
Any cool new knives on display, like perhaps a new Harsey folder? :munchin

CPTAUSRET
01-21-2007, 18:02
Any cool new knives on display, like perhaps a new Harsey folder? :munchin

S:

Great question!

There are a couple I'd like to see!!

Prester John
01-21-2007, 19:03
One of the coolest things we saw was a collaboration between Mystery Ranch and Camelback. The two offerings they had for General use and Commo equipment were perfectly thought out, and all fit on their NICE frame system. It's a frame that will fit a standard alice pack, but is MUCH more versitile, state of the art suspension system, and uses custom combination Fastex/slide release buckles that eliminate all the problems I've ever seen with Fastex.

Seriously a couple of the nicest packs I've seen as far as function and comfort.

I might also add... Quikclot's newest offering won't burn patients. It never peaks 105* when being utilized.

Crye had some body armor on the horizon that was AWESOME. Comfortable and extremely breathable.

I can't for the life of me remember the company's name, Ops-core maybe? Had a serious revolution in ACH and MICH chin straps on display next to Crye.

Doug

x SF med
01-22-2007, 07:39
Gunner - you forgot The Sako single Bolt 52" barrell in .308 WM, with the fully adjustable stock (length and weld height) sweet long rifle - a bit heavy but sweet rifle - can't remember the optics on it right now....

Tuukka
01-22-2007, 09:23
Gunner - you forgot The Sako single Bolt 52" barrell in .308 WM, with the fully adjustable stock (length and weld height) sweet long rifle - a bit heavy but sweet rifle - can't remember the optics on it right now....

52" barrel ?

x SF med
01-22-2007, 11:48
OOOps - the Sako was 42" it was the LMT .50 with the 52" rear chambered barrel (chamber under cheek weld, gonna be a loud one) my bad.

Air.177
01-22-2007, 12:29
Did anyone else see the rifle chambered in 20mm Vulcan/14.5 russian? Reach out and touch someone.

x SF med
01-22-2007, 12:31
Blake-
That was one evil looking bullet launcher.... how'd you like to have to carry that bad boy around for a couple of days? or the .50 above?

The Reaper
01-22-2007, 12:34
Did anyone else see the rifle chambered in 20mm Vulcan/14.5 russian? Reach out and touch someone.

Over .50 cal, that would be a DD, baby.

BTW, Ronnie Barrett already has a rifle chambered for the 25mm Bushmaster.

TR

Air.177
01-22-2007, 13:01
Over .50 cal, that would be a DD, baby.

BTW, Ronnie Barrett already has a rifle chambered for the 25mm Bushmaster.

TR

That is correct sir. I talked to One of the Barrett folks about their 25mm "Payload rifle", sounds quite interesting.

This particular 20mm rifle could be configured to weigh between 49 and 110 pounds depending on intended user and mission. They claimed hits on man size targets with the 14.5mm bbl out to 2 miles :eek:

X-SF:
None for me thanks, that's why I'm a Civilian and in Texas we have Pick up trucks for that.

Good times,
blake

Tuukka
01-22-2007, 15:00
OOOps - the Sako was 42" it was the LMT .50 with the 52" rear chambered barrel (chamber under cheek weld, gonna be a loud one) my bad.

I am still puzzled by this. The longest barreled Sako rifle I am aware of is the Sako TRG-42, with a 27.125" barrel.

x SF med
01-22-2007, 15:46
there was a HUGE can screwed onto the end, could have been a custom too.

x SF med
01-27-2007, 18:00
Here's a photo of Chris Reeves, SGM and our Bill at the Reeves Knives booth.

Kyo-
LMMFAOROFLTIPMP
But, I think the real Harsey is actually bigger than than the Paul Bunyan blow up you put in there.
Keyboard cleanup, and screeen cleanup in progress. to borrow a word - I snoorked!
Thanks, I needed that.

Roguish Lawyer
01-27-2007, 18:40
Kyo-
LMMFAOROFLTIPMP
But, I think the real Harsey is actually bigger than than the Paul Bunyan blow up you put in there.
Keyboard cleanup, and screeen cleanup in progress. to borrow a word - I snoorked!
Thanks, I needed that.

I don't get it. That's not him? :munchin

gunnerjohn
01-27-2007, 18:53
Kyo-
LMMFAOROFLTIPMP
Thanks, I needed that.

You'd think he could get the hands the right size. He's the only person that I know that can hold a large fixed blade knife his hand and make it look like a butter knife. :D