PDA

View Full Version : Next Poser Please Step Forward

LongWire
11-19-2006, 19:53
http://www.fayobserver.com/article?id=247392

AngelsSix
11-19-2006, 19:59
The dude is a knucklehead. Out of his mind.....where do they come from??:rolleyes:

Warrior-Mentor
11-19-2006, 20:18
Disturbing that this freak would have the nerve to show up at a military funeral purporting to be a retired GO.

Unbelieveable.

beedlesw
11-19-2006, 20:56
Some people are just compulsive liars. This dude (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleksey_Vayner) got a lot of press about a month ago for sending out a ridiculous video resume to some big banking firms. Yale's paper did this piece on him where it listed all his outlandish claims, and it really sounded like the above mentioned 'general' there. I can't believe that guy had the nerve to attend a funeral though.

Monsoon65
11-19-2006, 20:59
Wow, the PIRA, Air Rescue, General Officer, Special Forces. Boy, oh, boy, he's really lived a full life!!

What a dirtbag. Throw his ass in jail for a while.

Longwire, you're really digging up a lot of these losers!!

Monsoon65
11-19-2006, 21:03
Some people are just compulsive liars. This dude (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleksey_Vayner) got a lot of press about a month ago for sending out a ridiculous video resume to some big banking firms. Yale's paper did this piece on him where it listed all his outlandish claims, and it really sounded like the above mentioned 'general' there. I can't believe that guy had the nerve to attend a funeral though.

Man, that's just too much!! I never heard of this guy before and I laughed my butt off at him. What's funny is that MSNBC would hire him sight unseen!!

LongWire
11-20-2006, 01:38
Wow, the PIRA, Air Rescue, General Officer, Special Forces. Boy, oh, boy, he's really lived a full life!!

What a dirtbag. Throw his ass in jail for a while.

Longwire, you're really digging up a lot of these losers!!

Cant take credit.........My Gmail account alerts me once a day on SF stuff thats out there in the news.........this one came out of Fayetteville, so I was surprised to see that I caught it first.

Simple Simon
11-20-2006, 07:15
What a turd. Don't these guys understand they're stories just don't make any sense. You would think they would do some research to make the story semi-believable.

x SF med
11-20-2006, 07:30
I wish I was as cool as these guys, and had actually been in SF... wow, my life seems so boring, I'm an underachiever - can you guys help me come up with some stories to tell people? Can I borrow somebody's life, or should I just make one up?:confused: :eek:

soldierdoc_2005
11-20-2006, 13:18
http://www.fayobserver.com/article?id=247392

Is that a "smoke" shop he's leaving in the picture? Looks like a bunch of water-bongs on the shelves.

Could explain his delusional state of mind....;)

x SF med
11-20-2006, 13:27
Is that a "smoke" shop he's leaving in the picture? Looks like a bunch of water-bongs on the shelves.

Could explain his delusional state of mind....;)

Nah, not bongs, Absinthe bottles, possibly real Turkish Retsina or Greek Ouzo? Any of those 3 will ruin your mind, since they're opiates.

Cincinnatus
11-20-2006, 14:50
Nah, not bongs, Absinthe bottles, possibly real Turkish Retsina or Greek Ouzo? Any of those 3 will ruin your mind, since they're opiates.

Que?

Absinthe's got something in it that resembles LSD, IIRC a wormwood derivative (just looked it up, from Wikipedia - "a distilled, highly alcoholic, anise-flavored spirit derived from herbs including the flowers and leaves of the medicinal plant Artemisia absinthium" and this "At the height of this popularity, absinthe was portrayed as a dangerously addictive, psychoactive drug; the chemical thujone was blamed for most of its deleterious effects. By 1915, it was banned in a number of European countries and the United States. Even though it was vilified, no evidence shows it to be any more dangerous than ordinary alcohol.[2] A modern absinthe revival began in the 1990s, as countries in the European Union began to reauthorize its manufacture and sale.")

Ouzo, AFAIK, is little different from the rest of the anise based liquors - Sambucco, raki, arak, Pernod, anisette, etc.

Retsina is wine with pine sap in it.

Don't think there's an opiate in the bunch.

FWIW, a trick that IIRC I actually learned from an SF officer in Ankara many years ago is when invited to partake of any of the anise liquors (all wretched IMHO) to take yours straight. Most Turks and Greeks will dilute the raki or ouzo with water which causes it to turn sort of milky. The straight stuff is clear and after a couple, if you're clever you can switch to drinking water sparing yourself a particularly miserable (on a par with Tequila) hangover.

soldierdoc_2005
11-20-2006, 17:19

Any recommendations for a good mixer with those? LOL

kgoerz
11-20-2006, 18:29
Wife showed me it yesterday and I told he it would be on everyone one of these Boards in 24 hours. Here it is on the two boards I read. Good work busting these guys out.