PDA

View Full Version : Pedi-Boro Soak Paks

JPH
11-13-2006, 12:45
I hope this is the right place for this if not feel free to move this, additionally I would have thought a search would have turned something about this up, but it didn’t, if I missed something let me know and I will gladly add, change, or delete the information within this post.

Pedi-Boro Sock Paks
Active ingredients: 49% Aluminum Sulfate 51% Calcium Acetate

Directions: Dissolve one packet per pint of water to yield a 1:40 dilution, two packets per pint to yield a 1:20 dilution of a Modified Burow’s Solution of Buffered Aluminum Acetate

I came across over 200 packs of this product for free.

A Google search gives this information:
“A mild astringent solution to aid in reducing foot sweat and for the relief of minor insect bites, itching, and swelling associated with minor bruises.”

Is this worth even keeping; is it worth using in my foot routine every night? The reducing foot sweat is the claim that I would find useful.

I just wanted to run this by the Docs here.

Thank-you for your time,
JPH

x SF med
11-13-2006, 14:18
JPH-
any time you are using Aluminum Sulfate - be care ful of the constricting effects (if you've ever watched Bugs Bunny, when he feeds Yosemite Sam "Alum" this is the stuff he's using), not sure if it's got any long term effects, but I wouldn't think using it every day would be a really good idea. i'd keep it since it was free, but use it sparingly, when you know you are not going to be doing any heavy activity immediately afterwards - or if you're going to stay close to home during heavy activity - until you know how YOU react to it.

If you're worried about your feet - Johnson's Foot Soap is good stuff again, when used only occasionally, and plain old Epsom Salts dissolved in warm water is a cheap and easy way to trat your feet nice.

Caveat - all of these remedies for achy feet will dissolve callouses / soften your feet - are you sure you want to do that?

A FOG 18D speaks, possibly out of his 4th POC.

JPH
11-13-2006, 14:25
thank-you,

No Sir I do not want to soften my feet. thanks for the fast info.

JPH

x SF med
11-13-2006, 14:32
thank-you,

No Sir I do not want to soften my feet. thanks for the fast info.

JPH

The best way to get bitten is to call an NCO "Sir", unless he is/was in the USMC, which I never was. 18Ds are not officers. If you're just trying to make me feel old, you failed. SA youngun, SA.

JPH
11-14-2006, 09:23
Sorry I am a civilian and I still default to calling anyone I feel deserves respect “sir”. A habit I will have to break and soon. No insult or joke intended.

JPH