PDA

View Full Version : Army-wide Training Calender

bosljeff
11-12-2006, 11:29
I've been looking all over AKO and still can't find anything. Does anyone know how to get a hold of some sort of generic training calender with holidays and stuff on it? Like when Exodus is, you know...army specific dates...

Thanks.

LongWire
11-13-2006, 07:56
I dont know aout AKO, but most ISP's and email provider's have calender programs with options for adding whatever flavor of holidays that you need........Look there

bosljeff
11-13-2006, 18:52
Yeah, I shouldn't have used the word 'generic'. I actually meant a calender that is not specific to one unit or one base, but generic to the whole army i.e. a calender that shows when the army celebrates exodus, when the army does this and that....got my drift...?

LongWire
11-14-2006, 05:22
Yeah, I shouldn't have used the word 'generic'. I actually meant a calender that is not specific to one unit or one base, but generic to the whole army i.e. a calender that shows when the army celebrates exodus, when the army does this and that....got my drift...?

You must be an X-Ray, because Exodus is a word used for training units. The Army dont do Exodus as a whole........Commanders are allowed to let their men go home on leave at the appropriate times, but the whole Army dont do Exodus at one Time.

You want holidays, look at a calendar with the American holidays, and figure thats what you got to play with. American Holidays you figure are at least 3 day weekends, and when you get to Group you can look at taking 4 day weekend's usually.

But if your Looking for an Army Wide Training Calender, Yeah Good Luck!!!!!!!

bosljeff
11-14-2006, 17:28
Gotcha. Thanks for your input. Consider me "edumacated"...

I appreciate your time.

Marauder06
11-15-2006, 12:16
In addition to what was already said, holiday schedules are often installation-specific. Some installations give days off for so many days of no vehicle fatalities, some installations have different 3- or 4-day weekends, etc. What specifically do you need?

x SF med
11-15-2006, 14:18
Gotcha. Thanks for your input. Consider me "edumacated"...

I appreciate your time.

Hey jeff - since you are now "edumacated" - let's see if we can follow simple instructions. Hint - your friggin profile is incomplete - finish it. You must have something more to say than: Age 28.

A resounding, "Yes, Sergeant" is all I need to hear SF Candidate, are we clear?
Fall out, Beat your Boots, and get on it.

(Damn, I feel like Lee-Al)

Masochist
12-19-2010, 20:14
Holy necro-post, I know, but in case someone else is looking for something like this ...

The NCO Journal (https://usasma.bliss.army.mil/NCOJournal/default.asp) puts out a 14-month calendar each year that includes pertinent national holidays as well as Army-related events past and present. Go to the website or Google "NCO Journal" for the handy-dandy little pdf. I'd post it here, but the file is 7.81MB and exceeds the forum's 1MB limit.

1stindoor
12-20-2010, 09:28
I can't imagine what you were doing that made you decide to find a four year old thread...but thanks for the link.

Richard
12-20-2010, 09:53
Major component commands as well as subordinate commands usually put out long-range calendars such as this one for planning purposes.

http://www.hqusareur.army.mil/calendars/2010-TrainingHolidays-EU_2009-12.pdf

Check with your G3 Training section - I'd wager they can help you. ;)

And so it goes...

Richard :munchin

Masochist
12-20-2010, 13:06
I can't imagine what you were doing that made you decide to find a four year old thread...but thanks for the link.

Searching for threads on the public calendar function of the forum.