PDA

View Full Version : Another introduction

Maple Flag
04-05-2004, 19:55
I just wanted to introduce myself prior to participating.

I live in Toronto, and have been involved involved in private security management for 15 years and, more recently, the corporate emergency preparedness field.

My training background up until 12 months ago was all L.E. related. Starting 12 months ago, I started branching out into EMS and HAZMAT operations. I've also done some SAR and rope rescue training on my own (personal interest). My principle career interest now is the prehospital care field, which is primarily what led me here.

Currently, I'm a certified EMR (a Canadian designation that ranges from the U.S. First Responder to EMT-B scope of practice, depending on whether you do the 1,2, or 3 week EMR program). I also have BTLS, Ped. BTLS, and WFR certs, all of which doesn't hold a candle to the people I've seen post here. I'm planning on doing my paramedic certification next year.

My personal interests and experience include all season wilderness distance backpacking and world travel (U.S., Dominican Republic, Panama, Colombia, Norway, Denmark, and Germany so far). My greatest interest is in wilderness and 3rd world travel, which I hope to be doing more of in the coming year.

Well, that's me in a nut shell. I'm looking forward to learning from the group here.

Cheers.

Surgicalcric
04-05-2004, 20:14
Welcome!

Best of luck with your future career.

Sacamuelas
04-05-2004, 20:15
Welcome

Roycroft201
04-05-2004, 22:02
Welcome, Maple Flag.

However, you need to edit your introductory post. It's ColOmbia, NOT Columbia. Very important. Do it ASAP. Just trust me on this one.

;)
Roycroft201

The Reaper
04-05-2004, 22:20
Originally posted by Maple Flag

My personal interests and experience include all season wilderness distance backpacking and world travel (U.S., Dominican Republic, Panama, Columbia, Norway, Denmark, and Germany so far). My greatest interest is in wilderness and 3rd world travel, which I hope to be doing more of in the coming year.

Well, that's me in a nut shell. I'm looking forward to learning from the group here.

Cheers.

Heads up, roycroft is right.

If you can't spell COLOMBIA correctly, How are we supposed to remember which way the maple leaf goes on the flag?

Welcome aboard, BTW.

TR

Maple Flag
04-06-2004, 04:41
Good catch on the spelling. Corrected, and thanks.

It's difficult to walk proudly while also trying to kick yourself in the ass. :mad:

Cheers.

Surgicalcric
04-06-2004, 07:00
Dont kick yourself too hard. You are not the first to misspell it.

Be thankful you corrected it before NDD caught it. ;)

Roycroft201
04-06-2004, 09:37
You're welcome !

It's the least I could do for a neighbor. When you are in this direction, do you like your wings hot, medium or mild ?

:)
Roycroft201

P.S. I lived in Colombia for a short while many, many years ago. I think I may be on a personal crusade to correct any misspelling whenever I see it ! (and I am a teacher so you really didn't stand a chance of sliding thru when I saw it . It may be on next week's spelling test so you might want to practice. !!)

Maple Flag
04-12-2004, 10:12
Hot wings, cold beer.

Maple Flag
09-26-2015, 08:28
Shockingly, it's been almost 8 years since my last post (and 11 years since signing up here), so I thought a refresh on my introduction might be reasonable. Since my introduction back in 2004, I've traveled much more, trained much more, and learned a lot more about the world (I think) and about myself (I know).

I post this refresh on my introduction because so much time has passed and because I'm planning to again regularly participate in this forum, which I consider to be among the most level headed of forums that talks about things I'm interested in.

With respect, I look forward to the conversations.

(Edited to add that I'm not sure why this re-introduction, and my original introduction at the top, landed in the General Medical section. I'm sure I would have been corrected back in 2004 if I had originally posted my introduction here... Maybe the board structure was different back then? Apologies for any confusion.)