PDA

View Full Version : "Uncovered Meat!"

CPTAUSRET
10-26-2006, 11:15
I debated posting this here, but I believe this is what we are up against!

There can be no civilised (or otherwise), discussion with hatred of individual freedoms as deeply rooted as those espoused here!

Outrage as Muslim cleric likens women to 'uncovered meat'
By RICHARD SHEARS Last updated at 12:45pm on 26th October 2006

A Muslim cleric's claim that women who do not wear the veil are like
'uncovered meat' who attract sexual predators sparked outrage around
Australia yesterday.

Sheik Taj Din al-Hilali, the nation's most senior Muslim cleric, compared
immodestly-dressed women who do not wear the Islamic headdress with meat
that is left uncovered in the street and is then eaten by cats.

Politicians including Prime Minister John Howard, community leaders and a
large number of Muslims condemned the mufti's comments amid calls that he
should be deported to Egypt, his country of origin.

In a Ramadam sermon in a Sydney mosque, Sheik al-Hilali suggested that a
group of Muslim men recently jailed for many years for gang rapes were not
entirely to blame.

There were women, he said, who 'sway suggestively' and wore make-up and
immodest dress "and then you get a judge without mercy and gives you 65
years. But the problem, but the problem all began with who?" he said,
referring to the women victims.

Addressing 500 worshippers on the topic of adultery, Sheik al-Hilali added:
"If you take out uncovered meat and place it outside on the street, or in
the garden or in the park, or in the backyard without a cover, and the cats
come and eat it..whose fault is it - the cats or the uncovered meat?

"The uncovered meat is the problem."

He went on: "If she was in her room, in her home, in her hijab (veil), no
problem would have occurred."

Women, he said, were 'weapons' used by Satan to control men.

His comments, reported yesterday in the nationally-circulated newspaper The
Australian, created a storm of outrage.

It follows anger that erupted among Muslims in Britain earlier this month
when MP Jack Straw said women who wear veils over their face can make
community relations harder.

But Sheik al-Hilali's has created an even bigger storm by using the
uncovered meat example to accuse women who do not cover their heads and
faces of tempting men.

Prime Minister Howard labelled the mufti's comments as 'appalling and
reprehensible', adding: "They are quite out of touch with contemporary
values in Australia.

"The idea that women are to blame for rapes is preposterous. I not only
reject the comments, I condemn them unconditionally." Treasurer Peter
Costello urged the Muslim community to condemn the comments and take action
against the Sheik.

"If you have a significant religious leader like this preaching to a flock
in a situation where we've had gang rapes, in a way that seems to make it
justifiable, or at least lighten the dehumanising and degrading extent of
the offence."

A close associate of the sheik, Keysar Trad, said the speech was about
adultery, not rape. "He wasn't talking about standard norms of dress in
Australia or any country, he wasn't talking about the hijab, he was talking
about people who engage in extramarital sex."

But Federal Sex Discrimination Commissioner Miss Pru Goward said there could
be no backtracking over the comments. "He could be guilty of incitement to
the crime of rape and should be deported," she said.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...in_article_id=
412697&in_page_id=1770

CPTAUSRET
10-26-2006, 11:29
"In a Ramadam sermon in a Sydney mosque, Sheik al-Hilali suggested that a
group of Muslim men recently jailed for many years for gang rapes were not
entirely to blame."

"gang rapes"!! They get a pass from this POS!

sf11b_p
10-26-2006, 12:31
The muslims established this mindset in Norway years ago. It wasn't their young mens fault they raped Norwegian women, it was the womens fault for dressing like prostitutes and inflaming the anger of the muslim men.

There were news articles on the subject, here's a couple blogs.

http://gatesofvienna.blogspot.com/2006/07/norwegian-authorities-still-covering.html

http://fjordman.blogspot.com/2005/02/muslim-rape-epidemic-in-sweden-and.html

incommin
10-26-2006, 14:14
It is all about what you are taught as a child and led to believe. It will take generations to win this war even if the religious training stopped today.

I heard on the news this week that some are asking for sharia law in cities in America.

Jim

Surgicalcric
10-26-2006, 14:29
...I heard on the news this week that some are asking for sharia law in cities in America.

Jim

I just dont see this happening in the South...

Crip

incommin
10-26-2006, 17:35
"I heard on the news this week that some are asking for sharia law in cities in America."

I'll have to correct this statement I made. The statement should be that 81% of Detroit Muslims want sharia law maintained in Muslim countries.

My wife corrected me and told me I need to go get hearing aids or stop listening to NPR!

Jim

Surf n Turf
10-26-2006, 19:19
I debated posting this here, but I believe this is what we are up against!

There can be no civilised (or otherwise), discussion with hatred of individual freedoms as deeply rooted as those espoused here!

CPTAUSRET,

Now the excuses start --- He was quoted “out of context” ---- Sound familiar

Australia 'blessed' by Sheik: visiting Muslim
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,20653542-29277,00.html

AUSTRALIA was blessed by the presence of the Muslim leader who compared immodest women to uncovered meat, sparking accusations that he condoned rape, a visiting British Muslim cleric has said.

Muslim leaders at Sydney's Lakemba mosque last night met for four hours to determine the fate of Sheik Taj Aldin Alhilali, who outraged Muslim community leaders and federal and state politicians with his comments, which he made during a Ramadan sermon last month.
Alluding to rapes in 2000 where four women were separately gang-raped by a group of young Muslim men, the sheik said there were women who "sway suggestively" and wore makeup and inappropriate clothes, The Australian reported.

But British Muslim Council of Great Britain chairman Imam Abdul Jalil Sajid today said it appeared to him that the comments had been taken out of context.
"I know that he is one of the greatest Muslim scholars on earth and Australia is blessed with him, and I know he went to Iraq to get released an Australian national (Douglas Wood) from the clutches of a heinous regime at the time," Dr Sajid told the Nine Network's Today program.

"We have to appreciate and give him the credit with the result (Mr Wood's release) but I agree and take your point that he must communicate better.

"Probably his comments have been taken out of context.

"Probably he needs to restrain himself to get the words right before he says anything.

"Probably he needs to look into the wider implications of his comments. I think all these will take time. I have no doubt of his integrity, his leadership and also his belonging to this country, which he has adopted to live (in)."

SnT

lksteve
10-26-2006, 19:32
"My wife corrected me and told me I need to go get hearing aids or stop listening to NPR!listening to NPR will give you hearing AIDS...

SF18C
10-26-2006, 19:41
"We have to appreciate and give him the credit with the result (Mr Wood's release) but I agree and take your point that he must communicate better.

"Probably his comments have been taken out of context.

"Probably he needs to restrain himself to get the words right before he says anything.

"Probably he needs to look into the wider implications of his comments. I think all these will take time. I have no doubt of his integrity, his leadership and also his belonging to this country, which he has adopted to live (in)."

SnT

Sheik Taj Aldin Alhilali probably needs to STFU!

CPTAUSRET
10-26-2006, 19:50

I also have no doubt as to his integrity, he has the integrity af a turd eating hog!

Sure hope that's not taken out of context!!

x SF med
10-26-2006, 20:04
T-
You insensitive baby killing kerry saving dog - you just might offend somebody.
tag, you're "it". :D

Oh, yeah all of that was taken out of context, uh huh, right, what's a cubit?
(you just might get that final reference)

Razor
10-26-2006, 20:26
Let's see, in the last year and a half -
A newspaper prints satirical cartoons of Allah, and Muslims everwhere riot and kill/injure non-Muslims
Rumor of a Koran being dessicrated is published, and Muslims everywhere riot and kill/injure non-Muslims
The Pope quotes a 14th century text saying Islam is a violent religion, and Muslims everywhere riot and kill/injure non-Muslims (oh, the irony)

Sounds like there's been precedent set here for all who oppose this cleric's statement.

Surf n Turf
10-26-2006, 22:19
I thought it was curious, and was wondering why the following comment was in the article defending Sheik Hilali
" I have no doubt of his integrity, his leadership and also his belonging to this country, which he has adopted to live (in)."

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...-29277,00.html[/url]

It looks as if the Australian authorities have tried, at least twice to deport this bastard ---

"Troubles for the Egyptian-born mufti stretch back to the 1980s, soon after he arrived in Australia. Before yesterday, he had most recently sparked anger with a sermon in which he questioned the Holocaust.
The cleric was once again reaching for a credibility lifeline in July when The Weekend Australian revealed that he had called the Holocaust "a ploy made by the Zionists" and trivialised the number of Jews killed by the Nazis.
But the imam's ability to manoeuvre his way out of controversy by claiming that hateful or divisive remarks he had made were "taken out of context" by listeners - especially the media - enabled him to escape deportation on at least two occasions before he was granted permanent residency in 1990.

Four years after his arrival in Australia in 1982, the then Labor immigration minister Chris Hurford tried to deport him for allegedly inciting "hatred", but failed because of pressure from other Labor figures.
Sheik Hilali again avoided being expelled from the country in 1988 following comments he made about Jews being the "underlying cause of all wars".
Labor's then new immigration minister, Robert Ray, agreed not to deport him after the cleric insisted he was misquoted"

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,20652783-601,00.html

Wonder if he is a candidate for deportation now

SnT

incommin
10-27-2006, 05:30
Does anybody see a 10th Crusade coming????

Jim

CPTAUSRET
10-27-2006, 06:26

Jim

I think they are "bringing it" to us!

Surf n Turf
10-27-2006, 07:36

Jim

Jim,

Let's hope that we have time before the liberals enact "gun control" to protect us.

SnT

sf11b_p
10-27-2006, 08:18
The cleric was taken out of context, and this is supposed to be a more acceptable excuse for gang rape? It's similar to the reasoning and justification of the rapes in Norway a few years ago.

women who "sway suggestively" and wore makeup and inappropriate clothes

Jim,

Let's hope that we have time before the liberals enact "gun control" to protect us.

SnT

It's an election year, may not have long.