PDA

View Full Version : Captain Jack Patch

82ndtrooper
10-20-2006, 17:46
Lately, at least a couple of years, I have noticed that some released photos of Spec Ops soldiers show "Captain Jack" insignia's on their sleeve, or sometimes on the velcro patch on a chest harness. Is this a resurgence of the "Mike Force" type patch ? Perhaps a "TF" type designation ? or merely a morale booster ?

The Reaper
10-20-2006, 18:10
Lately, at least a couple of years, I have noticed that some released photos of Spec Ops soldiers show "Captain Jack" insignia's on their sleeve, or sometimes on the velcro patch on a chest harness. Is this a resurgence of the "Mike Force" type patch ? Perhaps a "TF" type designation ? or merely a morale booster ?

What are you talking about?

TR

82ndtrooper
10-20-2006, 19:26
What are you talking about?

TR

Skull with two swords crossed underneath. Black on a lighter background.

I've seen this on several photos of Special Ops soldiers, maybe a Navy SEAL thing for Piracy and anti-piracy ship board ops teams, but it is the same as the "Mike Force" "Yards" had on their sleeves. Just wondering.

The Reaper
10-20-2006, 19:31
Skull with two swords crossed underneath. Black on a lighter background.

I've seen this on several photos of Special Ops soldiers, maybe a Navy SEAL thing for Piracy and anti-piracy ship board ops teams, but it is the same as the "Mike Force" "Yards" had on their sleeves. Just wondering.

Yep, they're pirates, no doubt about it.

Harrr!

TR

Spartan359
10-20-2006, 21:49
The patch you are refering to is called the Calico Jack. Last I knew the patch stood for "Ready and willing to to go into harms way".

HTH

SF18C
10-21-2006, 06:28
Calico Jack: John Rackams notoriety as a pirate captain is attributed more to the colorful clothes he wore and the female crewmembers he lead than any notable conquests.

Get your colorful female clothes pitate patchs here!

Patches (http://www.tadgear.com/x-treme%20gear/apparel%20main/patches.htm)

More Patches (http://www.optactical.com/cajapa.html)

504PIR
10-21-2006, 08:53
I've seen allot of " Morale patches" on body armour over the last couple years.

With so much velcro on our kit and uniforms now, its kinda a novelty.

At my last duty site there was a customized patch that was made up. At the one previous we had "Team America, F%^* Yea" patches made up. still have mine on my kit. We gave a bunch of them to some GI's we were working with. When some of them started putting them on their ACUs and wearing them around camp...the COC had to say "Whoa, don't wear that shit in garrison".

Razor
10-23-2006, 17:24
Skulls, devils and evil smiley faces are all fine and dandy when your only job is shooting bad guys in the face. They're a potential liability (IMO) when you're trying to establish and build rapport. Tailoring your equipment to the mission has taken on an expanded meaning in this age of Velcro-individuality.

Surgicalcric
10-23-2006, 18:38
..."America, F%^* Yea"

That was our class motto at SOPC-1, class 10-04.

Crip

Matta mile
10-23-2006, 19:01
"That was our class motto at SOPC-1, class 10-04"
That was also our team motto in Fallujah 05' :D

The Reaper
10-23-2006, 21:09

Crip

And yet it seems like only yesterday....

TR

gtcrispy
10-24-2006, 00:33

Crip

That's better then ours. "When in doubt, choke them out"...Class 11-04. Ahh that was so long ago ;)

Surgicalcric
10-24-2006, 04:12

TR

Not hardly Sir, not hardly...

Crip

racing_snake
10-24-2006, 07:35
The best novelty patches I saw in Iraq were on a bunch of bearded guys with long hair in modified DCU's who were also wearing REI Monarch boots. I have compiled a list by memory:

An Area 51 patch
A smiley face possessing three eyes
A shitbag tab

However, a funnier instance at this particular firebase were the SF guys with sterilized uniforms who I recognized by name from a recently viewed National Geographic Documentary sold to me from an Iraqi vendor.

NousDefionsDoc
10-24-2006, 12:00

TR
LOL
Wonder what the record is?

The Reaper
10-24-2006, 12:35
Longest I ever saw was a guy who took three years to graduate.

Several long med holds with him eventually working in the 1st Battalion S-3 shop.

I think Crip is well on the way to a new record.

TR

CPTAUSRET
10-24-2006, 12:39

Several long med holds with him eventually working in the 1st Battalion S-3 shop.

TR

Well, I wish him luck!

x SF med
10-24-2006, 13:29

TR

Will he have to reenlist / extend for the good of the service by the time he graduates, or will he be ready for retirement?

Surgicalcric
10-24-2006, 13:47
Keep it up guys and you wont be getting an invitation to my retirement...err...I meant my graduation.

And for the record there are a couple guys in the 18-D course who have been in the course (SFQC) longer than I. There is also a Bravo who just graduated who had been in the course 4 years. :p

With the changes to language school and the round-about way the 18D's are getting shafted (with all other MOS's taking language blocks during PH-III) it will take 7 months for me to get thru a 4 month language because once I graduate the medic course in Feb I get teamed up with a student ODA that hasnt been to CLT (PLDC/BNCOC) yet. And I cant attend Sage til they are completely done with CLT, SFPC, PH-II, PH-III, and Language. Sooo I may set a new record.

Crip
(Happy to be in the SFQC)

x SF med
10-24-2006, 13:54
Crip-
Hope you get lots of clinical time in the Womack ER to keep your skills up, Fri and Sat nights are usually pretty good. The Docs will love you, the nurses are jealous but forgiving.... and the young female 91Hs might be all over you. If we didn't think you'd make it, we wouldn't be feeding you 4 courses of crap sandwiches, would we? Now go study your languages, and put in for clinical rotations at Womack.

Surgicalcric
10-24-2006, 14:14
Actually I am trying to go to either Ft Sam or Ft Carson on SOC-T rotations. I need a break from Ft Bragg. I have a feeling I will be doing sick call rotations at Clark Clinic while awaiting SERE and Sage... :munchin

I am trying to learn enough French to DLPT out of language school so I dont get caught up in the Charlie Foxtrot that seems to have become language blocks. Ive been studying on my own using the Rosetta Stone stuff along with the language material I received at the SOAF after SFAS. The reading and listening is coming along but the speaking isnt so much.

Had I drawn Spanish I would have it whipped by now. I could eat at Mi Casita's and watch TeleMundo and learn the language. No slight intended toward the 7th Group guys, but there are alot more opportunities to learn Spanish here than there are for French.

Crip

LongWire
11-05-2006, 14:36
Actually I am trying to go to either Ft Sam or Ft Carson on SOC-T rotations. I need a break from Ft Bragg. I have a feeling I will be doing sick call rotations at Clark Clinic while awaiting SERE and Sage... :munchin

I am trying to learn enough French to DLPT out of language school so I dont get caught up in the Charlie Foxtrot that seems to have become language blocks. Ive been studying on my own using the Rosetta Stone stuff along with the language material I received at the SOAF after SFAS. The reading and listening is coming along but the speaking isnt so much.

Had I drawn Spanish I would have it whipped by now. I could eat at Mi Casita's and watch TeleMundo and learn the language. No slight intended toward the 7th Group guys, but there are alot more opportunities to learn Spanish here than there are for French.

Crip

What Group do you want to go to?

NousDefionsDoc
11-05-2006, 22:06
What Group do you want to go to?
He's going to be in the Senior Citizen's Group if he doesn't hurry the hell up!

He thought he was a reservist, but my and Reaper's Plan worked to a "T". He's been in training so long, all his reasons for not going AD are OBE.:lifter

LongWire
11-05-2006, 23:16
Yeah thats right......Thanks Doc........was sittin there trying to figure out why his language wasn't Arabic!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

Surgicalcric
11-06-2006, 06:06
You guys are killing me...

The Reaper
11-06-2006, 08:46
Can you be a FOG while still in the pipeline?:D

TR

racing_snake
11-06-2006, 08:48
Maybe he could be grandfathered in to the Warrant Officer program. Since he's also spent more time at the SWC than the instructors, maybe he'll be exempt from SWC Cadre instructor time.

NousDefionsDoc
11-06-2006, 09:07
Can you be a FOG while still in the pipeline?:D

TR
BWAAAA!

LongWire
11-06-2006, 12:13
While I was in the course I gave myself the honorary title of "The Mayor of SWC", he could definitely fit that title.............I'm sure that we could get him the keys to the White House, or Somed for the Day............I've got some buddies whom I'm sure know him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D

Surgicalcric
11-06-2006, 13:03
Maybe he could be grandfathered in to the Warrant Officer program. Since he's also spent more time at the SWC than the instructors, maybe he'll be exempt from SWC Cadre instructor time.

Who the hell are you to make such comments about me?

If you had any SA about you, you would have noticed those guys giving me crap are either QP's or guys that otherwise know me. That being said, maybe since you a) neither know me or the circumstances surrounding my having been here as long as I have or b) arent here (in the SFQC) living "The Dream" you should consider keeping your comments to yourself.

If you want to talk the talk then you need start walking the walk. Until then stay in your lane; this one is Cleared Hot.

Have a very SF day.

Crip

x SF med
11-06-2006, 13:12
NDD, TR, TS -
Our boy's all growed up!!! Sick 'em Crip!

Crip
Oh, yeah, try to get Ft Sam for the clinical rotation - most excellent scenery, if you are not otherwise spoken for by a Mrs Crip:D

Surgicalcric
11-06-2006, 13:58
While I was in the course I gave myself the honorary title of "The Mayor of SWC", he could definitely fit that title.............I'm sure that we could get him the keys to the White House, or Somed for the Day............I've got some buddies whom I'm sure know him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No Thanks!! :D

Thanks to TR, the Dean has stopped me on several occassions in the hall to say hi and ask about how the course is going. Dont think it can get much worse, from a students perspective anyways.

Crip

NousDefionsDoc
11-06-2006, 14:33
LOL - Silly wabbit. You're so far out of your lane, you're standing in oncoming traffic.

(I've been waiting all day to use that one - thanks M4G)

Crip, if you want we can give him one of those "special" titles....

NousDefionsDoc
11-06-2006, 14:36
Dont think it can get much worse, from a students perspective anyways.

Crip
Oh yea of little faith...;)

Surgicalcric
11-06-2006, 16:23
Oh yea of little faith...;)

Oh no Sarnt. I have plenty of faith, I just wish to think positively sometimes. :lifter

As for the "Special Title" for my new friend, lets see if he can unass himself first.

Crip

racing_snake
11-06-2006, 19:22
Well, I meant no harm. But, think of this when Surgicalcric is meeting close with the enemy, and performing emergency medicine in a third world country--I will most probalbly be asking someone if they want a Strawberries, and Cream Frappucino. Whereas he will be a professional soldier--I will be a professional college student. So I respectfully disavow my comments towards Surgicalcric, and surrender to NousDefionsDoc's pointy stick with a nail on the end. I will now draw fire, and cappucinos.

regards,
Snake

If I must take on a funny title--maybe, roadkill, is appropriate.

LeapingGnome
11-12-2006, 21:54

Crip

Sirs,

If I may intrude on this thread I can't resist commenting on Cric's French accent. Having just finished studying for our test tomorrow and hearing his best "Arviour" during dinner at On the Border I recommend he works on his English for now. Don't worry bro, the coffee is set to brew at 5:30.

Surgicalcric
11-12-2006, 22:14
Sirs,

If I may intrude on this thread I can't resist commenting on Cric's French accent. Having just finished studying for our test tomorrow and hearing his best "Arviour" during dinner at On the Border I recommend he works on his English for now. Don't worry bro, the coffee is set to brew at 5:30.

It would seem you left the "Well-Fed," or was it Well Rounded, out of your name here. I am sure I can have that changed for you if you like. :p

I have no idea what the hell an "Arvious" is. Or was that your feeble attempt at spelling "Au Revoir?" If so I suggest you sticking to english yourself.

Crip

LeapingGnome
11-12-2006, 22:26
You're welcome for the coffee. Looks like your reading is better than your speaking Pierre. You might be able to change my handle...but I can cut off the access to Chez Eden. And I will stick to Russian and Arabic fuckyouverymuch.

Dosvedanya,
'Gnome (Feeding Cric's ass since 2005)

Razor
11-13-2006, 15:18
If you two could cut your virtual heavy petting short for a moment, it'd be awfully swell if Cric's bestest friend could read the evidently hard-to-find sticky posts with the rules for being here, and maybe, if he's up to it, make his third post in the Intro thread.

Roguish Lawyer
11-13-2006, 15:54
So Crip, you're not going to 7th Group? :munchin

Surgicalcric
11-13-2006, 20:03
...it'd be awfully swell if Cric's bestest friend could read the evidently hard-to-find sticky posts with the rules for being here, and maybe, if he's up to it, make his third post in the Intro thread.

Sir:

He actually made an Intro a while back. For some reason his post count isnt reflecting it though. :) Here it is. (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=139642&postcount=1691)

Also, theres a possibility I may be heading out that way after the first of the year for about 3 weeks. Maybe I could interest you in a few adult libations...

Crip

Surgicalcric
11-13-2006, 20:04
So Crip, you're not going to 7th Group? :munchin

Not unless they are being reflagged Aco 1/20th SFG(A)... :p

Crip

Razor
11-13-2006, 22:34
My bad, LeapingGnome. I saw two posts here, and a post count of two; turns out it didn't add up as I thought it did.

Crip, give a call when you're in town.

deanwells
11-14-2006, 03:22
Well, I meant no harm. But, think of this when Surgicalcric is meeting close with the enemy, and performing emergency medicine in a third world country--I will most probalbly be asking someone if they want a Strawberries, and Cream Frappucino. Whereas he will be a professional soldier--I will be a professional college student. So I respectfully disavow my comments towards Surgicalcric, and surrender to NousDefionsDoc's pointy stick with a nail on the end. I will now draw fire, and cappucinos.

regards,
Snake

If I must take on a funny title--maybe, roadkill, is appropriate.

Yeah you do that...and while your at it, why don't you
do your homework on QP's before you run your mouth again:mad: