PDA

View Full Version : Army 10 Miler

Warrior-Mentor
10-08-2006, 18:31
Was a well run race today...couldn't have asked for a better day.

What struck me most was the number of veterans running the race missing a limb.

My hats off to these troopers...impressive as hell to see them gutting it out despite the life changing situation they are now dealing with...

:lifter

mffjm8509
10-09-2006, 06:31
I agree about the heart of our wounded.

I've visited Walter Reed a few times since moving to the area. I go specifically to see our SF wounded when we've got someone in there, but often end up talking to other Soldiers while there too.

Its inspiring to see how some of these guys have overcome thier wounds and are working to get back into Group. You know we've got a couple of amputees still out there working in the operational Groups today.

mp

CPTAUSRET
10-09-2006, 09:03
Its inspiring to see how some of these guys have overcome thier wounds and are working to get back into Group. You know we've got a couple of amputees still out there working in the operational Groups today.

mp

God bless them!

Mav
10-09-2006, 09:19
That's very humbling..

I was running by the Polo Field on Ft Bragg not too long ago, by where the Iron Mike used to be. I kept hearing this weird repetitive noise. I was doing horribly, could barely breathe, etc... and everything was frustrating to me, so this noise was exceptionally so.

So I turn around to figure out what it is and there, passing me by with a determined look on his face with a double leg amputee.

I was so humbled, honored, and just blown away. I couldn't even speak. But I did run with a lot more respect and less selfishness from then on. I'll never forget it, either.

I had a few friends in the Army 10 miler, this year, I'm planning on running it next year, hope to see some of you all there. :)