PDA

View Full Version : SF unit in Missouri

Verruckt
09-28-2006, 18:23
I'm pretty sure I'm posting this in the correct area..

Does anyone have any information on a Special Forces unit that was stationed at Ricards Gebauer Air Force base in Grandview Missouri? This would have been in the 80's to mid 90's. They were with a Civil Affairs unit there. I "believe" they were Reserve, though I've read that there was never any reserve SF units. But then, I've also read that there was. Have not been able to find anything out about this particular group. Mainly this is just out of curiosity's sake, and would like to see what happened to them.

If anyone has any information they could share, I would appreciate it.

Jack Moroney (RIP)
09-28-2006, 19:31
They were part of the 12th Special Forces Group, Headquartered in Arlington Heights, Illinois, which was one of the two US Army Reserve Groups at the time.

Verruckt
09-28-2006, 20:02
They were part of the 12th Special Forces Group, Headquartered in Arlington Heights, Illinois, which was one of the two US Army Reserve Groups at the time.

Awesome, thank you. Do you know anyone that was in this unit, or just familiar with them? I'm curious how they did that. Did they just close the unit down, or were they moved into another group, and the members of that unit offered to move? I'm not familiar with how the army does this.

The Reaper
09-28-2006, 20:44
Awesome, thank you. Do you know anyone that was in this unit, or just familiar with them? I'm curious how they did that. Did they just close the unit down, or were they moved into another group, and the members of that unit offered to move? I'm not familiar with how the army does this.

Other than burning bandwidth and boosting post counts, what is the point?

The COL answered your question.

TR

Verruckt
09-28-2006, 21:05
Other than burning bandwidth and boosting post counts, what is the point?

The COL answered your question.

TR

Sorry. But I mentioned that I was just curious about this unit. Not trying to boost post count, it means nothing to me.