PDA

View Full Version : Gutterfighting Site is back up

NousDefionsDoc
09-05-2006, 19:33
http://www.gutterfighting.org/WARNING.html

Some of the pages still need a password, but I think they're working on it. Most of it is open.

BoyScout
09-05-2006, 19:52
Like the article on Jelly Bryce best. It's an interesting site to say the least.

Smokin Joe
09-05-2006, 21:29
SCCHHHWEEETTT!!!!

Its about friggin time!

trent
09-06-2006, 08:47
Thank you for posting this site, as a wannabe medic I realize the validity of these attacks and the fact that if it comes down to it, these techniques will work. Very interesting and loved the references there. Thanks again. -Lyle

NousDefionsDoc
09-09-2006, 13:59
C fixed the pages that needed a password. It's back up now.

MAB32
09-11-2006, 08:32
That has to be one of the best sites on "unorthodox" fighting there is. Glad it is finally back up!:lifter

Roguish Lawyer
09-02-2007, 11:15
Bump. Interesting reading on this site.

kachingchingpow
09-05-2007, 08:43
Anyone have any strong opinion of weak lead vs. strong lead when knife fighting/edged weapons engagement? Long ago, I was taught the weak lead approach as depicted in one of the pictures on the Gutterfighting site. (The Applegate Method). I understood and appreciated what I thought was the reasoning behind it, and considered it superior due to the mindset of protecting the weapon at all cost. That said, over the years I've trained quite a bit in Kali and have very much changed my tune. After once completely adopting the weak lead concept, it was a struggle for me to adopt Kali's approach. My training partners and I have sparred many times in various combinations of weak vs. strong, and haven't found a single reason for utilizing a weak lead. We're all heavily biased toward the strong side due to our Kali backgrounds though.

Help me consider the valid points of the weak lead.

SF-TX
09-05-2007, 11:48
Thanks for the link. I particularly liked the story about Jelly Bryce, an 'old-school' FBI agent and legendary gunfighter.

http://www.gutterfighting.org/jellybryce.html