PDA

View Full Version : Military Credits

Wiseman
09-01-2006, 13:47
My university does not give physical education or wellness credit if you went through Basic training http://gened.binghamton.edu/appeals.html. This is interesting because the university is a member of the Servicemember Opportunity College program that mandates these colleges to accept credit. I went through OSUT at Benning. My adviser told me to try to appeal it on the basis that you went through the infantryman portion of the training it, but she thinks I still have a very small chance that it will be granted. Does my state university have the right to do this? Has anyone on here received physical education credit or wellness at their university that they went too?

x SF med
09-01-2006, 14:02
Wiseman-
Why are you getting wrapped around the handle for 1 or 2 hours at a State school? The paperwork and hassle are more trouble than a couple of courses in kinesiology, or PT - you can get the credits by doing a couple of ROTC level 1 classes, for free....

Suck it up, drive on, don't worry about PT - you can never get enough.

Oh yeah, one of my pet peeves - structure, grammar, spelling, usage and punctuation - since you are a college student, use them.

Wiseman
09-01-2006, 14:04
I am in ROTC and they told me that they do not accept that either. I'll do as you suggested and take their physical education classes.

Goggles Pizano
09-01-2006, 19:35
I'll do as you suggested

Now THAT is living up to your moniker!

x SF med
09-01-2006, 21:33
Wiseman-
Since you let me know you want to be an 18D - take as much kinesiology as you can, it'll serve you well, and your possible future Teammates will appreciate it.

Eagle5US
09-02-2006, 09:14
Wiseman-
Since you let me know you want to be an 18D - take as much kinesiology as you can, it'll serve you well, and your possible future Teammates will appreciate it.
He's not going to be an 18D if he's going through ROTC...unless he declines his ability to be commissioned and goes enlisted after he graduates school. Not the smartest route IMHO.

PA

huntcg
09-03-2006, 02:32
When I was a student at Vincennes University (Vincennes ,IN), I recieved PE credit for Basic and AIT. I also recieved "unattached" credit for first aid and another class or two. However, skip forward about 6 years, Okaloosa-Walton College of Ft. Walton Beach, FL does NOT give any credit for PE. When you really get down to it, it's up to the school in which you are enrolled in. My experience with VU may be unique, as they are a huge participant in military distance learning courses. Just my $.02. Why not do more PT as the QP's have already suggested?