PDA

View Full Version : Dual Purpose Vertical Grip

82ndtrooper
08-31-2006, 16:10
The "Vertical Grip" Thread was interesting, especially the disussion of prone unsupported fire, the use of the mag as a pseudo mono pod, and some of the difficulty with aimed fire from the prone position.

Just today I had UPS deliver a suppressor for my .45 ACP that had been upgraded with a ported booster/LCD device from SWR MFG. Owned and operated by Joe Gaddini, formerly one of Knights chief design engineers. I've purchased a couple of suppressors from him/SWR. The HEMS II .45 ACP suppressor and the .223 Spec War II can. Both superb suppressors compared to other manufacturers.

He threw in one of his GRIP PODS, to my surprise !:) The GRIP POD is merely a vertical fore grip that is able to emply a BI-POD device with the touch of your thumb on a release button, realeasing two titanium bi-pod legs for the transiton from standing to prone fire. Supposedly the Marines and Army have 20,000 of these GRIP PODS on order. It would seem an answer to some of the problematic questions that were raised in the "VERTICAL FOREGRIPS" threads. Simple, easy to mount, and easy to retract the BI-POD legs back up into the fore grip.

Here is where to find a demo and pics. www.grippod.com

7624U
08-31-2006, 16:47
Deja Vu