PDA

View Full Version : new to here

trig009
08-26-2006, 10:18
as you probably have noticed i am new to the site, givin the intro i am about to type.

i just took the ASVAB test yesterday and scored a "raw" score of 88. i have a very military family and have known alot of people that served and all have good things to say, like tough but rewarding. i have spent over 9 hours in the last day looking at jobs and 6 of them have been on special forces "engineer" i have all the info on the job. what i need to know is what should i expect out of my 88 for line scores, my recruiter cant say and i was woundering if that is above a threshold that would mean my line scores are enough.

The Reaper
08-26-2006, 10:24
Since you missed all of the Intro, Sticky, and "Read This Before Posting" threads, failed to fill out your profile as requested, and decided to create your own personal Intro thread, rather than the one everyone else is using, you are probably too special and your ASVAB too low for SF. Your SA is about right for a grapefruit.

Might be a slot in the Corps for you though.

If you post here again, please try to use proper capitalization and grammar. SF is not for those without basic HS skills.

Good luck, have a very SF day.

TR

trig009
08-26-2006, 10:41
like i said before the 88 was a raw AFQT, not my gt or anything else. plus i was directed to this sight by someone that said you would beat around the bush and give correct answers. i dont want to sound like an ass, but i wont let people say "you cant" if i havnt even givin it my all!

i would just like you to answer if i should retake the ASVAB. this time should i study? my first reasoning was i wanted to do my best with what i know, so i dont get in over my head.

my final though right now is, i am going to do what ever i can to be "SF" and i would like to show you that individuality is a key thing with any group effort.

The Reaper
08-26-2006, 11:12
trig:

I hope that you take this as a good lesson when you leave here. You only get one chance to make a first impression.

You are not at the center of the universe. You must have led a sheltered life up till now, let me clue you in. Other people are not obligated to help you. Especially when you fail to follow their rules. Note: This is not your average internet website. It is the home of SF personnel and you are not yet one of us.

When you arrive in a new area, whether real or virtual, it is a good idea to look around and get a feel for the place before you start making noises and issuing demands. You should make an effort to have all of your senses on high alert and your situational awareness should be very keen. In this case, a few minutes of reading before you started posting would have told you everything you needed to know to fit in, ask the right questions, and be accepted.

If you encounter someone who is a regular there, you would be well served to comply with whatever requests they make before proceding further. That includes reading as requested, filling in your profile, and using proper grammar.

Most people find it better to lurk as a "gray man" for a while before jumping right into an argument with a local and ignoring his suggestions. It is not always a good idea to draw attention to yourself. The bird with bright plumage had better be a fast flyer.

I spent a couple of years making new SF Engineer Sergeants, you are not displaying the characteristics I was looking for in them. Low SA and attempts to argue with physical laws equals a short tenure, if not an abbreviated lifespan.

If you should choose to return and start over again, please keep all of that in mind.

Good luck with whatever career you pursue.

TR