PDA

View Full Version : Interview

Loadsmasher
08-24-2006, 20:50
I just wanted to put an update of sorts on where I am in the pipeline. After a few months of e-mails and phone calls with MSGT Edwards and SSGT Shedd and massive amounts of work on their part to secure my discharge from the Air Force, I'm taking the next step. Within the next week or two I will be given the opportunity to interview with the 20th SFG. Not a big step but I'm taking it 25m at a time.
After searching the forums and coming up empty I also wanted to solicit the advice of the QP's on the board as to what to expect from the interview. My current train of thought after reading Get Selected is to treat it like the board at SFAS. This isn't my first rodeo but I have a feeling that this will be unlike any interview I have ever had. Although that might just be a by product of the importance I'm placing on it.
As always any advice would be much appreciated.

The Reaper
08-24-2006, 20:57
Not to be too facetious, but in the words of some people you may meet in the future if you are lucky...

Do the best that you can.

TR

NousDefionsDoc
08-24-2006, 21:17
and don't lie.

Loadsmasher
09-06-2006, 11:09
I am now the newest member of B company 1/20 SFG. I wish I could say that I went in there and really impressed the hell out of them and that it was thanks to the advice I found here.
In reality I took some advice my father gave me a long time ago, when he said "Son, shut the f**k up".
At the end of the interview I was told "Well, you fit through the door and we need guns. You need some work but we'll take care of that." When he said that last part he gave me an evil little grin.
I went over to MEPS for a new physical, signed my paperwork and took The Oath for the second time. I report to the Non-Qual platoon next month and then head to WTC in January.
25meters down, 25m to go.
Thanks to the QPs here that opened my eyes to possibilities and opportunities.

NousDefionsDoc
09-06-2006, 14:10
Congratulations

jatx
09-06-2006, 14:15
Good job and good luck.

Gypsy
09-06-2006, 17:29
Congrats Loadsmasher!

NSDQ
09-06-2006, 17:42
Congratulations, LSmasher

x SF med
09-07-2006, 07:08
Smasher -
Was SSG Shedd in the 10th in the 80's?

Loadsmasher
09-07-2006, 12:18
x_sf_med,

I don't think SSG Shedd was SF. He was a recruiter for all of Alabama's NG and he wasn't tabbed. I'd also say he was in his early 30's. I was interviewed by SSG Cheney of A co. out of Auburn (schedule conflict at B co.).