PDA

View Full Version : Firefox Download Accelerator

mugwump
08-20-2006, 21:53
I frequently run across web sites where I want to suck down a whole bunch of files, for example the 35 separate chapters of Where There Is No Doctor, the gazillion chapters of the M16/M4 FM 3-22.9 field manual, 2,304 pictures on the Kate Beckinsale fan site, etc.

If you use Firefox I recommend you get the extension DownThemAll (http://www.downthemall.net/). With one click you can download all files, or those with a specified file extension, from a web site.

Promo from the web site:

DownThemAll (or just dTa) is a powerful yet easy-to-use Mozilla Firefox extension that adds new advanced download capabilities to your browser.
DownThemAll lets you download all the links or images contained in a webpage and much more: you can refine your downloads by fully customizable criteria to get only what you really want.

For example, I specified all PDF files for the download below and I automatically got all the chapters for a book. Saves a lot of time. You can easily specify the destination folder on your drive -- keeps things organized.

mugwump

PSM
08-21-2006, 16:24
2,304 pictures on the Kate Beckinsale fan site,

Obsessed a bit with KB are we, mugwump? :D

Pat