PDA

View Full Version : SF Recruiting

BMT (RIP)
08-12-2006, 13:20
Recruiting
A good sign in the war on terror: U.S. Army Special Operations Command in June met its annual goal for signing up Green Beret candidates — three months before the fiscal year ends Sept. 30.
There are strains on the current Special Forces units, as private employers offer big bucks for counterterrorism experts and security details. But Army soldiers continue to apply to become Green Berets in ample numbers. "We feel the quality has not slipped a single bit," a defense source said. :munchin

BMT

MtnGoat
08-14-2006, 09:17
One of the biggest things you don’t hear from the media is the fact that we are at war with a military that is gone from home for up to a year (or more) at a time. How does this military do it? And for how long have we been doing it?? 4 Plus years on my counts, and all of this time we have been doing how. By a volunteer Military!! Back about three years ago there was the push for the draft being brought back.

This is a statement of what a great Nation we live in, the people of this country. A Nation that by all of the Polls from the media, dislikes the POTUS. But a Nation that has young and old signing that dotted line during a time frame where they (recruits) knowingly sign up for the military of the POUTUS. Some outsiders are asking why, they just don’t get it.

For this nation and what we stand for – Thanks to all that have serviced and are servicing. Thanks to those recruiters and those recruits.

Five-O
08-14-2006, 09:29
One of the biggest things you don’t hear from the media is the fact that we are at war with a military that is gone from home for up to a year (or more) at a time. How does this military do it? And for how long have we been doing it?? 4 Plus years on my counts, and all of this time we have been doing how. By a volunteer Military!! Back about three years ago there was the push for the draft being brought back.

This is a statement of what a great Nation we live in, the people of this country. A Nation that by all of the Polls from the media, dislikes the POTUS. But a Nation that has young and old signing that dotted line during a time frame where they (recruits) knowingly sign up for the military of the POUTUS. Some outsiders are asking why, they just don’t get it.

For this nation and what we stand for – Thanks to all that have serviced and are servicing. Thanks to those recruiters and those recruits.

+1

Goggles Pizano
08-14-2006, 15:05
Outstanding post MtnGoat!:lifter

blustr18b
08-14-2006, 22:53
Excellent Post! Given the times, and the media- it makes me proud to see the that SF recruiting filled up. The young men that accept the challenge are remarkable! My son certainly has benefited with the wonderful opportunity to go SF.

Blustr18b

x SF med
08-15-2006, 06:48
MtnGoat-
We understand the kids that are "triple volunteering" because at some point we were them. Those that are wondering how/why this is happening are the protected, and always will be. I didn't really like Clinton, but if I had been called back in during his term, I would have gone - for the country, for my fellow SF soldiers, for my family - not for Clinton himself, but for a thousand other reasons that can't be explained to the "uninitiated". I joined in the early 80's and the Military was not very well respected by the general public, but I heard the Warrior's Call, and responded - it changed me, permanently, for the better.

The kids today that are joining, are probably hearing that same call - and more are responding, because the stigma of having served in the military is gone, and the honor and respect has returned to the public view. The majority of those that are applying for SF probably would have heard the call in some way anyway - but the 'public face' of SF has been cleaned, and is now a bigger draw to the young men joining the military.

Five-O
08-15-2006, 07:13
What is even more impressive is that our country is at war. These guys (non-prior service) are stepping up for what they know to be some of the hardest training and austere living conditions our military has to offer...yet here they come. It will become so difficult at times they will wonder why they joined, but those who quit should have not been there in the first place. The remainder will be some of the finest warriors on earth. Looks like every generaton is full of great young americans who answer the call. :lifter

Warrior-Mentor
08-15-2006, 20:58
Great stuff.