PDA

View Full Version : Move to Eglin

Soft Target
08-12-2006, 08:48
Anybody know the status of the BRAC-directed move to Eglin?

Dave

The Reaper
08-12-2006, 16:50
On.

TR

TAN2GREEN
08-13-2006, 20:02
when is the final move?

NousDefionsDoc
08-13-2006, 21:25
when is the final move?
Who are you? You didn't read the rules or the stickies, you didn't post an introduction and you didn't fill out your damn profile. You must be some sort of deity to be above all others. Are you a Buddha?

Your first post is "when is the final move?"

So you must be a rude Buddha with piss-poor grammatical skills.

Would you appreciate another chance to get right Buddha? Will you endeavor to improve Buddha?

Here is a koan for you: What is the sound of one finger pressing the ban button?

TAN2GREEN
08-13-2006, 22:41
Sir i do apologize i will follow the instructions from now on. It will not happen again.

Z731
12-26-2006, 18:21
There has been some recent news on the move to Eglin.

Looks like the Environmental Protection Agency is involved with the land we are looking at moving in on. It is not a stopper but they move slow.

Movement to Eglin for the 7th Special Forces Group should take place around 2010. Summertime if we're lucky.

It will be to the Duke Field complex which is near the town of Crestview. They are geared up for it and real estate prices are already climbing from what I hear.

There is a Hooter's bar.

Z

Sdiver
12-26-2006, 18:32
There is a Hooter's bar.

Z

There's the one in Destin, right next to my old Dive Shop....the shop's not there anymore though.

Peregrino
12-26-2006, 18:39
There's the one in Destin, right next to my old Dive Shop....the shop's not there anymore though.

IIRC Destin is a long lonely drive from Crestview. Especially after visiting Hooters! :p

Sdiver
12-26-2006, 18:43
IIRC Destin is a long lonely drive from Crestview. Especially after visiting Hooters! :p

That's why you drive across Okaloosa Island, towards FWB, and hit Sammy's. ;)

NousDefionsDoc
12-26-2006, 18:44
That's why you drive across Okaloosa Island, towards FWB, and hit Sammy's. ;)
Ah Sammy's. Is the Green Frog still there?

Sdiver
12-26-2006, 18:45
Ah Sammy's. Is the Green Frog still there?

Looks like it is.

New Green Frog Inc, (850) 243-1467, 1216 Santa Rosa Boulevard, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548

NousDefionsDoc
12-26-2006, 18:49
Ummm...Senor Frog's in FWB ?
No. If you have to ask, it isn't still there.

Good times, eh Reaper....:lifter

The Reaper
12-26-2006, 19:01
Good times, eh Reaper....:lifter

Any actions which may have allegedly taken place at any such premisies by that name are completely unknown and foreign to me.

Until the statute of limitations expires, or the offender.;)

Sammy's, on the other hand, is good clean fun.

Last time I checked, Duke Field had very little to do there, and not much more within consuming and driving distance. Good luck!

TR

NousDefionsDoc
12-26-2006, 19:07
Oh sure Sir, start it and then deny it....;)

Kyobanim
12-26-2006, 21:05
There is a Hooter's bar.

Well at lease they have their priorities straight. :D

Z731
12-26-2006, 21:43
Gents: I am kept somewhat up to speed on the BRAC move to Eglin. I will keep you all posted as I hear something worth posting. I know how important this is to my 7th Group brothers and the rest of the community. I do know the following:

The Duke Field site was selected because of quality schools and the ability to procure affordable housing (whatever that is in Florida).

It will have outstanding range complexes built within very easy traveling distance of the compound (walking distance for small arms flat ranges).

They will have a self contained ASP (this is a huge advantage).

Airfield.

The drive to work will be painful even if you live in Crestview but they are looking at roadwork changes to ease this.

After everything I have heard the move is a good thing that should have happened 20 years ago. The training opportunities are enourmous and the "getting away from the flagpole" factor is equally appreciated.

It just can't happen quick enough. The EPA is surely one of several delays but the bottom line right now is: MOVE IN 2010.

Best I can do for now guys right now. Let's hope for the best and expect...... I don't want to say it.

Z

incommin
12-27-2006, 06:29
Crestview to Duke field is not a bad drive. Anywhere near Hwy 98 can be a nightmare. House prices are climbing.....my parents 1100 square foot home that they bought in 1963 for 12,500 is now priced at 115,000.

My dad, USAF retired, worked at Duke filed.

I lived there in the early 60's before my Army life. Family stills lives in FWB. If and when the 7th moves, most will find the area a great place to live in.........water, boats, girls in swim suits, booze, great fishing,,,, what's not to like?

Jim

Pete
01-04-2007, 06:10
...Movement to Eglin for the 7th Special Forces Group should take place around 2010. Summertime if we're lucky.

Z

An update by Henry Cuningham was posted in the Miltary section of the Fayetteville Observer today. I never can find the link if it's not on the front page of a main section.

BRAC madated the move by 2011. The story quotes Col Vavrin and talks about the building of ranges. His last quote "We certainly think we can expect to meet that 2011 (deadline)".

So 2010/2011.

I wonder if SC will be out of training group by then?:D

Link to related story

http://fayobserver.com/article?id=250923

Pete

Surgicalcric
01-04-2007, 06:51
...I wonder if SC will be out of training group by then?:D ...

Damn... Thats just wrong.

Yes I will be. But I wont be making the move with 7th, not that TR and NDD hasnt attempted to sway me over to active duty.

Crip

SouthernDZ
02-16-2007, 15:19
The Green Frog, "47, count em, 47 Frogettes!"

Wow - memories......

lrd
02-28-2007, 17:38
Any actions which may have allegedly taken place at any such premises by that name are completely unknown and foreign to me.

Until the statute of limitations expires, or the offender.;)

Sammy's, on the other hand, is good clean fun.

Last time I checked, Duke Field had very little to do there, and not much more within consuming and driving distance. Good luck!

TR
While Sammy's is not quite my style, ;) , I had a great steak at Pandora's last night and can verify that Sammy's is still very busy.

Played pool Monday night at the Paper Moon and had a good time. Not sure where we're going tonight...

Intel_Airman
03-19-2007, 14:14
In case you haven't been there in a while. I was TDY to Hurlburt in September and somehow ended up there. There was a young Phillipino boy checking ID's and a very large (at least 225) :( woman attempting to dance on stage. Sammy's and Club Ten were ok though, lol.

Marvin Blank
03-09-2008, 12:44
Wanted to bump this, and see if anybody had any updates. Thanks, Gabe.

Richard
03-09-2008, 16:28
Duke Field and Aux-6 were great areas for training; Carmichael's Academy For The Cultured Anatomy was great for those post-training stand-down's prior to redeployment to Fort Bragg. ;)

Richard

jbour13
03-09-2008, 18:03
Wanted to bump this, and see if anybody had any updates. Thanks, Gabe.

Still on, and no hard dates need to be provided IMHO. ;)

The Reaper
03-10-2008, 05:10
Eglin reconsidered the originally proposed site by the main base area and decided to put them out in the woods by Camp Rudder.

Environmental Impact Statement still not approved, either.

Great decision, BRAC.:rolleyes:

TR

2018commo
03-10-2008, 07:33
http://www.g-and-o.com/projects/pr_fed6.asp

Looks like USACE is dual tracking the design and NEPA. Some times an EIS can take years and generally USACE is not known for their speedy turn around of NEPA. The Mobile Office has a good rep, hope someone is applying pressure all the same.

The Reaper
03-10-2008, 07:47
http://www.g-and-o.com/projects/pr_fed6.asp

Looks like USACE is dual tracking the design and NEPA. Some times an EIS can take years and generally USACE is not known for their speedy turn around of NEPA. The Mobile Office has a good rep, hope someone is applying pressure all the same.

Well and good, except that the BRAC allocates money for the move by the fiscal year, and the FYs are ticking by, without action.

TR

2018commo
03-10-2008, 11:07
Well and good, except that the BRAC allocates money for the move by the fiscal year, and the FYs are ticking by, without action.

TR

I am not sure about the funds to "move" but MILCON is multi-year money. There is all kinds of pressure to execute in the year of appropriation, but this is self imposed. The execution rate for BRAC this round is pretty poor, the language is poor, land is not always available, the appropriations are underfunded and very little master planning went into the closure and movement considerations. Bottom line is BRAC is Law, NEPA is Law, MILCON appropriations in the FYDP are Law, and therefore the lawyers will sort it out.
The Eglin project is much further ahead than the FY09 project that effects my organization, we are tied up in language and land.

bailaviborita
11-05-2008, 10:48
Listening to higher ups within SOCOM- it sounds like this isn't a done deal yet. Comment I heard was maybe the new administration could kill it. Sounded like a lot was on hold until after the inauguration. Is current 7th leadership for this, anyone know?

I always thought 7th and 3rd had it good for their Groups being close to the flagpole in terms of influence. GEN Toney once referred to 7th as a "Mafia" that controlled USASFC.

SF_BHT
11-07-2008, 17:42
Delays in 7th Group move could be costly

By Henry Cuningham
Military editor Fayetteville Observer
Published on Friday, November 07, 2008

Costs are climbing and the deadline is less than three years away for the 7th Special Forces Group to move 650 miles from Fort Bragg to Florida.

The 2005 Base Closure and Realignment law says the 2,000-soldier group must relocate to Eglin Air Force Base on the Gulf Coast by Sept. 15, 2011.

Delays could cause problems for Special Forces families and Fort Bragg, which already has future plans for the 7th Group area.

“We are concerned about one aspect of the growth that may not be finished on time,” Lt. Gen. Robert Wagner said. “That does include some of the barracks projects, so we have to watch that project very closely.”

Wagner steps down today as commander of U.S. Army Special Operations Command at Fort Bragg.

About $382 million has been set aside for military construction for the 7th Group move, and about $113 million more is needed, Wagner said. It’s uncertain how the arrival of a new president and Congress will change spending priorities, especially for high-ticket Rumsfeld-era projects.

During the three years since the BRAC decision, the Defense Department has made plans to expand special operations units. That creates costs at Fort Bragg and Eglin. Wagner warned Congress in testimony in 2007 that not moving on time could “create a domino effect” at Fort Bragg, where plans are in place for other special operations battalions to move into the area vacated by the 7th Group.

Another budget-buster has been Hurricane Katrina. The BRAC proposals were announced in May 2005, based on earlier cost estimates. The hurricane drove up the cost of construction materials.

The costs are high in part because the move to Eglin entails building on a bare location. “There is not a road, a wire or a pipe,” Wagner said. “Every single thing will have to be built to support the compound.”

Eglin’s firing ranges were built with the needs of the Air Force in mind.

“There are no ranges at Eglin that are useful for Special Forces training,” Wagner said. “Everything has to be built.”

Building at Eglin has been delayed by mandatory federal environmental reviews. BRAC also directs that initial training to fly the F-35, the military’s new Joint Strike Fighter, be set up at Eglin, too. That has created concerns from nearby communities about noise.

“Because of all the time we’ve worked with the noise related to the Joint Strike Fighter, we’ve already consumed all of the ‘flex’ time in our schedule,” Wagner said. “So it’s a very, very tight schedule at this point.”

The concerns of planners are about more than on-base buildings. They worry about the families of soldiers.

A Special Forces group is weighted toward senior noncommissioned officers — many of whom have larger salaries and larger families than younger soldiers.

“About 62 percent of them own a house,” Wagner said. “About 51 percent of them have a wife with a meaningful career.”

Studies considered several possible locations for the 7th Group complex at Eglin, but the preferred site is on the northern part of the base near the town of Crestview, where houses are more affordable.

“It’s not as though they are looking for 1,800 square feet,” Wagner said. “They want a house with a two- or three-car garage because they’ve got a family that they want to take care of.”

The Army likes to move people in summer to minimize educational disruptions.

“From our standpoint, we want the construction to be terminated by May (2011) or earlier,” Wagner said. It will take several months to install furniture and communications equipment, he said.

“I will tell you that the local communities are very helpful and very accommodating,” Wagner said. “They understand potential timelines for the move and are looking at school issues and talking about education for the wives and jobs.”

The long-term Air Force presence at Eglin has created strong bonds with the military, he said. “We are not strangers to this. In fact, there is a very high number of senior people who have retired here. It’s a very nice area.”

The 7th Group specializes in Latin America, but lately has been swapping rotations to Afghanistan with the 3rd Group, also at Fort Bragg.

Maj. Gen. Thomas Csrnko, the commander of U.S. Army Special Forces Command, has said he does not want the group to have to operate from two locations.

Wagner says it’s important to get the move right to take care of Special Forces veterans and their families, of whom so much has been asked in recent years.

“We can always get new people, but we have to maintain the senior people,” he said. “Seven years into the war, with the guys having gone and deployed many, many times, we have to maintain the senior-grade population. We have no indications we are not, but nevertheless, we can’t wait to see a trend and get concerned about it.”

BMT (RIP)
11-23-2008, 12:23
http://trustplatinum.blogspot.com/2008/11/7th-special-forces-group-are-on-their.html

BMT

Basenshukai
11-23-2008, 18:39
What's amazing is the cost of housing relative to the Fort Bragg area. While in the area I looked up several homes that were being sold at about the price I bought mine in Fort Bragg. Brother, compared to those places - at that price - my home is a mansion. For me to move my family down there would truly be a straight forward sacrifice for the sake of the unit, and not a positive thing for my family. Being that I have several choices in the matter, I'm not sure which way I'll go on this one yet. But, my honest opinion, this move was about the most boneheaded decisions of 2005.

SF_BHT
11-29-2008, 09:29
What's amazing is the cost of housing relative to the Fort Bragg area. While in the area I looked up several homes that were being sold at about the price I bought mine in Fort Bragg. Brother, compared to those places - at that price - my home is a mansion. For me to move my family down there would truly be a straight forward sacrifice for the sake of the unit, and not a positive thing for my family. Being that I have several choices in the matter, I'm not sure which way I'll go on this one yet. But, my honest opinion, this move was about the most boneheaded decisions of 2005.

I do not think that this will happen on any timeline that is out there as of today. They are really behind on the building schedule and base support requirements. In the big picture I would not mind the new facilities but from the family standpoint it is not going to be a easy move. The housing market is High compared to Bragg but it is not as bad as in Colorado and other places.
Just think of the local use of AFSOC A/C that will be available...... Only time will tell...

JJ_BPK
11-29-2008, 10:38
What's amazing is the cost of housing relative to the Fort Bragg area.

I'll not argue housing costs,, Florida is a retirement mecca,, those FOGs want room for the g-kids,, sunshine,, no-taxes,, no snow..

BUT,, in the panhandle we're talking rural, and country.. Prices should be at least on par with Bragg..

If you see yourself heading this way, here are a couple web sites tools that may help. They take a little getting use to because the options are not obvious.

Zillow - Use street address,, zip code,, or city and it will bring up everything that is listed. Almost to much info,, but it's free. It uses sale data from county tax office(s) and listing prices from MLS. and is linked to geo-sat maps. You can look at your new neighbor's yard.. A lot of times I found the listing agents will try to blind the buyer to neighborhood blight.. It also has prior sales dates and prices for some/most properties. Very handy to check to see if a place has been flipped..

www.zillow.com/homes/map/crestview-florida_rb/

CirclePix, free to use, but the realtor has to pay to get a house listed,, so it tends to be upscale. Still worth using as it tell you what the market thing about large.. ALso in metro areas like Northern VA, it lists just about everything..

www.circlepix.com/search.htm

We were going to move to N Va to be near our g-kids, I spent some time using these tools and on three trips I stored a bunch of address into my Tom-Tom and hit the street.

It was so much easer,, the routing took all the guessing out of the hunt.

AND NO REALTORS,, that alone is worth a couple 6-packs...

Good Luck to all in the 7th that make the move.. I think you'll like the area..

Tyrant
03-27-2009, 14:55
Update:
http://www.fayobserver.com/article?id=322204

dirt_diver
03-27-2009, 19:37
I currently live in Navarre, FL and work with AFSOC and the area is very nice. The best places to live IOT be close by Duke would be Crestview or Niceville. Both locations are not badly priced. Shalimar is a good location, but there is a lot more traffic and prices are higher. If anyone has questions about the area, feel free to message me and I will try to provide an answer.

18D4VRWB
03-29-2009, 10:22
Free insight.

http://news.soc.mil/releases/News%20Archive/2009/March/090327-01.html

Richard
07-09-2009, 11:02
Guess Eglin is ready for the move.

http://www.eglin.af.mil/7specialforcesgroup.asp

Area brief for you 7th families.

http://www.eglin.af.mil/shared/media/document/AFD-090420-017.pdf

Richard's $.02 :munchin

11B2V
07-09-2009, 13:27
Just wondering out loud...will 20thSFG be able to benefit from the new facilities in the Florida area and vice versa? I mean with reference to joint training, ranges, and what not... I'm thinking having an active duty group in the AO would be a force multiplier in and of itself! If this can't really be discussed for some reason, just ignore me and I will just continue wondering :)

exsquid
07-09-2009, 15:25
Ah my young naive friend. The NG is all about state politics and personal rice bowls. Plus, to the AD guys we are all "just Guard guys." Red headed step children are treated better.

x/S

SF_BHT
07-09-2009, 15:56
Ah my young naive friend. The NG is all about state politics and personal rice bowls. Plus, to the AD guys we are all "just Guard guys." Red headed step children are treated better.

x/S

Are we having a sensative day today?:p

When it is at the Company and Team level it is all about personalities.

It could be a good in and some but heads could burn the bridges......
The whole time I was on AD we always worked with the Reserve and NG teams where we were training and helped each other out but I also was dumped on a few times by the Guard due to State Politics..... It will all depend on how the first contact goes......and who makes it.

Shoot, had some SF Guard guys down in my AO and they hardly ever said Hi.....:eek:

Just my 2 cents.....

The Reaper
07-09-2009, 17:02
I don't see the 7th having much to share at Eglin that the Guard did not have access to before.

11B2V, what difference does it make to you?

TR

11B2V
07-09-2009, 19:31
I don't see the 7th having much to share at Eglin that the Guard did not have access to before.

11B2V, what difference does it make to you?

TR

Not being affiliated with Special Forces in any way, the move has as much impact on me, as I have on it. None whatsoever!

However, I live in Florida, I want to be a "guard guy" as previously stated, and I have also heard of the NG sometimes being treated as the underdog. So, being graciously afforded the opportunity to be privy to input from 7th and 20th group members simultaneously on this forum, well flatly put I was simply wondering if this move was something for the NG guys to be looking forward to, or if in all actuality it had zero bearing on the NG AO.

If I was not deployed, I would be posing the same questions to the QP's attached to my unit. I knew before I posted this that it was not a question of IF, but rather WHICH Quiet Professional would ask me that question. :) You did not disappoint. I hope that is a satisfactory answer sir.

Edit - BTW, thanks to all three of you for your reply. Each one told me all I needed from different perspectives. I

bailaviborita
07-10-2009, 07:55
- What are they going to do with guys that have less than a year left at Group prior to moving...?

- Are some guys close to retiring/wives have good jobs going to transfer to 3rd/SF CMD and/or stay as a "rear" unit until they are out?

- How are guys in 7th now handling their houses (selling or maybe renting out- since the market is a little low)?

- Is there going to be a GB club at the new place?

usrangers84
08-25-2009, 03:27
Should have gone to the BRAC brief.

Basenshukai
08-25-2009, 06:02
- What are they going to do with guys that have less than a year left at Group prior to moving...?

- Are some guys close to retiring/wives have good jobs going to transfer to 3rd/SF CMD and/or stay as a "rear" unit until they are out?

- How are guys in 7th now handling their houses (selling or maybe renting out- since the market is a little low)?

1. The guys that have less than a year have plenty of notice and are actively looking for a place to re-assign at Fort Bragg. Most are not moving with Group. At this point, I have no idea what a "rear" element at Fort Bragg will look like.

2. The market in Fayetteville is getting more stable as time passes (not fast enough for my taste). However, it is expected that when the BRAC Soldiers - if you will - begin to migrate to Fort Bragg starting next year, that home values, or rents, will be equitable, or at least not break the bank. I have to say, however, that I'm greatly concerned with this point in particular as I could stand to loose significant amount of money should I decide to sell. And to rent, I would have to do so at $1700 to pay the mortgage (it's a great big house in a great neighborhood). We'll see.

3. SF being SF, I doubt a long time will pass before we find/establish our own little "watering hole".

The big question is the handling of our dual responsibilities with SOUTHCOM and CENTCOM during that move. It will be interesting.

RB
08-25-2009, 09:19

The 7th SFA is still an active part of 7th Grp and is still operational.

More than likely you'll see the 7th SFA re-open at Eglin. :cool:

bailaviborita
08-26-2009, 00:09
Rumor has it that it has been pushed to 2012 now. Another rumor is no more Afghanistan deployments after the move. (don't you love rumors?)

Regardless, if a soldier gets there now and 7th moves in 2011- that means the two-year mark will be getting close for those officers. I am wondering what happens to those guys.

I'm wondering if they're not thinking about this right now because of deployments, leadership will change out prior to those decisions being made, and the possibility of delays pushing the date to the right. Guess I'll find out soon enough.

CMF
12-16-2009, 08:34
I'm due to PCS into 7th at the end of June, currently planning to send my family ahead to Eglin rather than move them twice in a year. The most recent timeline I can find published is from a USASOC press release April of this year. It has this;

As per congressional mandate, the entire group must be relocated by Sept. 15, 2011. The scheduled transitions will be as follows:

3rd Battalion – April 11-May 11, 2011
Headquarters and Headquarters Company/Group Support Battalion – May 11-Sept. 11, 2011
2nd Battalion – May 11-June 11, 2011
1st Battalion – June 11-July 11, 2011

Is there anything more current out there?

-CMF
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

bailaviborita
12-16-2009, 14:32
2 rumors I heard today were that the environmentalists have delayed the move- but you know how rumors are...

CMF
12-19-2009, 05:17
I ran across that one too but I think it's recycled from the original problems with the environmental impact survey that held up the start of the project. There's an approved survey on file for the site now, and nothing else current with the EPA. The local tree hugers there seem more or less taken up with the new jets coming in and the possibility of more drilling in the gulf. The compound seems to be the major bill payer for the prime contractor (Hensel–Phelps) due to the downturn so it's getting their full attention. There's four miles of new paved road already in to the site from SR 85 and the foundations are already in for what looks like the Group HQ and and BN HQ's. It looks like they already built the track for some bizarre reason and framing is going up on the HQ and one of the other buildings from what I can see, (hard to find photo's that make sense, local media is not that good). I was wondering more about policy as the move schedule has 3rd BN heading down first but the Army Corps of Engineers Project Manger made a comment about Commo guys being the first wave to make sure everything is operational prior to the main body. I am planning on moving my family ahead (straight there when we PCS in July) and I am wondering if there is going to be some sort of ADVON I can volunteer for if the deployment rotation doesn't eat up the whole year gap.

-CMF
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
Robert A. Heinlein

Aequitas
12-19-2009, 07:57
The move is happening...they have released dates to the group, but I'm not posting them on an open forum. The information above is incorrect about who is going when. If you're in 7th GRP you should have no issues finding out required information. Hope everyone has a great Xmas and NYE! It's starting to snow more frequently here in the Stan.

CMF
12-19-2009, 12:17
I'm not there yet. I don't PCS in until July 2010, and I don't mean to offend. I'm coming out of a small detachment in England and info is a little sparse. In order to avoid having my son change schools twice in a year / year and a half I am planning on sending my wife and him on ahead and doing the remaining time on Bragg alone. The only dates and schedules I posted are from a USASOC press release. The rest is from the newspapers down there (North West Florida News) and the environmental impact study of of the site, which is also public record and available online. There is also a pretty good PPT from the Egin command that has an overlay of the site and proposed area in the surrounding community that is considered commuting distance, since it is significantly different from the main cantonment area on Eglin itself. I will stop asking these questions in this forum if it's the wrong place and I apologise for any offense. I'm a support guy whose only previous group experience is 1st SFG(A) as my profile states, so I don't have the institutional contacts the rest of you do.

V/R
-CMF

Aequitas
12-19-2009, 13:36
I'm not there yet. I don't PCS in until July 2010, and I don't mean to offend. I'm coming out of a small detachment in England and info is a little sparse. In order to avoid having my son change schools twice in a year / year and a half I am planning on sending my wife and him on ahead and doing the remaining time on Bragg alone. The only dates and schedules I posted are from a USASOC press release. The rest is from the newspapers down there (North West Florida News) and the environmental impact study of of the site, which is also public record and available online. There is also a pretty good PPT from the Egin command that has an overlay of the site and proposed area in the surrounding community that is considered commuting distance, since it is significantly different from the main cantonment area on Eglin itself. I will stop asking these questions in this forum if it's the wrong place and I apologise for any offense. I'm a support guy whose only previous group experience is 1st SFG(A) as my profile states, so I don't have the institutional contacts the rest of you do.

V/R
-CMF

No offenses...I'm just not a big fan of posting information on an open forum that not everyone really needs to know. However, your best route to get the information needed is to contact 7th SFG and try and get into contact with your future CoC if possible. If you have orders you should be on the gains roster. If all that fails then PM me and I'll see what I can do in regards to your questions with the information that has been given to us.

With that being said...if anyone else higher up the food chain would like to chime in with the information that's cool too and I'll go back to my cell.