PDA

View Full Version : Eye questions

IV-Spec-VI
07-26-2006, 15:26
As a person who wears glasses and who spends a large amount of time out doors I know full well the limitations of said devices. I know the Army issues glasses to recruits but I was wondering if they also payed for laser eye correction like some other branchs do (namely Marines since I know a couple who had the procedure.)

Beyond this I'd very much appreciate any suggestions on how to improve vision naturally, develop better night sight (beyond the Visual Purple thread), and in general any tips relating to eyes or eye health.

Thanks in advance and hopefully I will have formatted this the right way.

-Spec

x SF med
07-26-2006, 16:02
Spec-
Lasik is covered, more than once, as a matter of fact it was covered very recently.
As to eye health - google is a great invention, there are numerous conflicting theories on improving vision, especially night vision, from exercises, to vitamins/supplements, to biofeedback.

Wear sunglasses. Wear safety glasses. Don't poke a stick in your eye.

The Reaper
07-26-2006, 16:39
As a person who wears glasses and who spends a large amount of time out doors I know full well the limitations of said devices. I know the Army issues glasses to recruits but I was wondering if they also payed for laser eye correction like some other branchs do (namely Marines since I know a couple who had the procedure.)

Beyond this I'd very much appreciate any suggestions on how to improve vision naturally, develop better night sight (beyond the Visual Purple thread), and in general any tips relating to eyes or eye health.

-Spec

Spec:

Do a search before starting any new threads.

This has been flogged to death.

TR

IV-Spec-VI
07-26-2006, 16:43
Sorry sir, searched for variations of "eye sugery" and couldn't find what I was looking for but I'll try harder next time.

Thanks for answering my primary question though Med and I'll try hard to keep all sticks clear of the ocular region.

MtnGoat
07-26-2006, 17:21

-Spec
IV-Spec-VI Look to the top right of the board you'll see a search button.

Use ITbefore you post! This has been covered. It helps keep the board clean.

Also at the botton of each thread is a box named Display Options. Look for the box with LAST MONTH.

I.E. you're in Professional Gear all you'll see is the threads for the last month. Click on the last month box and a drop down page will show up. Pick what number of day/months/ETC you want.

FYI for the NFG

The Reaper
07-26-2006, 17:36
Sorry sir, searched for variations of "eye sugery" and couldn't find what I was looking for but I'll try harder next time.

Thanks for answering my primary question though Med and I'll try hard to keep all sticks clear of the ocular region.

If you spelled surgery that way, it is no wonder.

Try searching for LASIK next time.

TR